HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Semin

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
That is decent PR.

Although his career numbers came with Backstrom and he passes a lot better than Staal. Although it would be interesting to see Staal if he decided because of talent around him he didn't need to be shoot first all the time.
Oh, ever since I drafted Backstrom 3rd overall for my fantasy team I have completely blocked him from my memory.

But you're right, Staal isn't a bad passer (not in the same league as Backstrom, but not bad or even average). When you play with LaRose and Tlusty for the majority of your time, you would shot first as well.

Semin would by far be the most talented player that Staal has ever played with. And the same goes for Semin, outside of Backstrom (that would be a good poll, Staal vs. Backstrom).

Old
06-27-2012, 08:26 AM
JMatt

Since Giroux never wants to shoot himself, I wouldn't mind seeing Giroux feeding pucks to Semin's nasty wrister for the next 3-4 years.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Miss Ausguins
The Aussie Penguin

I can't see Semin on the Pens and I don't think anyone (especially Bylsma and/or Shero) would take **** from him.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:46 PM
MBJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
He wants to play with star Russian center. Only two teams have those. Pittsburgh don't have the cap space so only choise left will be Detroit.
Montreal to play with Galchenyuk maybe.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJets View Post
He doesn't count. He's American. Semin would only play halfheartedly.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJets View Post
Montreal would be stupid to rush Galchy into the NHL that quickly. At least one more year in the OHL to make up for that one year of missed development.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Snipeshow

Semin to NJ to play with Kovalchuk

Old
06-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Esq.

I would like to see him on the Flyers if we can't land Parise (unlikely we'll get him) or Ryan. We have depth on offense, but we lack a real sniper. Giroux is more of a playmaker and Briere is a hybrid. I don't foresee Hartnell getting 37 goals again.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:06 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Semin to NJ to play with Kovalchuk
Rights of Semin traded to NJ for Parise, based on both teams signing them thereafter.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
Don't care where he goes as long as it is not Pittsburgh.
Been saying for a while that Parise plus Semin would be amazing pickups for the Pens and handle the defense mostly from within. Maybe a Hall Gill type for a couple of years, but that lineup would be scary good. I agree with people calling Semin a complimentary player. Semin-Malkin-Neal or Parise-Crosby-Semin looks pretty amazing to me. Everyone keeps saying defense, and is ignoring how much we have coming up, soon, in house. Suter is going to want a ten year deal of $8 million plus. We will not like that cap hit fairly soon with what we have coming up much cheaper. Address wing where the cupboard is bare. The kids have boatloads of talent, give them a chance, Despres and maybe Morrow.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
cupforwings09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Been saying for a while that Parise plus Semin would be amazing pickups for the Pens and handle the defense mostly from within. Maybe a Hall Gill type for a couple of years, but that lineup would be scary good. I agree with people calling Semin a complimentary player. Semin-Malkin-Neal or Parise-Crosby-Semin looks pretty amazing to me. Everyone keeps saying defense, and is ignoring how much we have coming up, soon, in house. Suter is going to want a ten year deal of $8 million plus. We will not like that cap hit fairly soon with what we have coming up much cheaper. Address wing where the cupboard is bare. The kids have boatloads of talent, give them a chance, Despres and maybe Morrow.
Wait.... Your telling me if the Penguins added Parise and Semin it would be a good lineup?

Old
06-29-2012, 10:54 AM
zachws6

Based upon rumors in my head, he will come to St. Louis to form a productive Russian line with Tarasenko.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
Wait.... Your telling me if the Penguins added Parise and Semin it would be a good lineup?
I am saying that I do not want the Pens to pursue Suter as has been rumored. And my post was in response to a Pens' fan who wanted nothing to do with Semin.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
They (Ovie the other) were his most frequent linemates in his career season of 84 points.

http://redlinestation.blogspot.com/2...der-semin.html

They were also together in 08-09 for a good chunk of time. 79 point season in 62 games. Guess that might be the career season either way it is those are the big two.
His most frequent line mates, at only 21% of the time. He spent a majority of the season with Brooks Laich and a variety of centers (Brendan Morisson, Tomas Fleischmann, and Eric Belanger all held the spot at various points). If you added the various incarnations of the 2nd line together, it would be well beyond the time he spent with Backstrom on the top line.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:08 PM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

Edm to play w/ Yakupov?

2 yrs at 6m per, comes off the books when they have to pay the kids.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:32 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

He wants 5 at $7, so that won't happen.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:01 PM
ShootIt

I rather pay Semin 7 million a year for 5 years than trade for Luongo or pay Gary 5x5

Old
06-29-2012, 01:05 PM
JoeLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachws6 View Post
Based upon rumors in my head, he will come to St. Louis to form a productive Russian line with Tarasenko.
Semin and Hitchcock? Oh my god ...

Old
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
chrisp200

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
When your team doesn't get Parise and signs Semin you'll probably be calling it a great signing.
It wont happen, and any team that signs him I will say the opposite of "it's great signing". I like to have playoff players on my team, not soft russian babies

Old
06-29-2012, 01:39 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I rather pay Semin 7 million a year for 5 years than trade for Luongo or pay Gary 5x5
Same.. especially Garrison. Thats money we can get for a top 6 forward.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:43 PM
zachws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLH View Post
Semin and Hitchcock? Oh my god ...
lol Hey, we re-signed Stewart after his below par performance last year.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:49 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
He wants 5 at $7, so that won't happen.
says GMGM who hasnt been in constant talks with semin or his agent. says both parties

GMGM also lowballed green this summer, which most likely was what happened here after they asked their price and nothing transpired past that.

if you dont think GMGM is saying that to cover his ass when he does nothing to replace semin's talent to help with ribeiro, you're in denial.

obviously no NEGOTIATION happened. and from gandlers recent quotes, everything semin has ever said, his demeanor about washington, it still seems he has no interest in leaving, but has to.

I'd be very surprised if GMGM was offering something reasonable considering the market/what semin should be receiving, and semin denied it.

again 5-6 mil for 2-3 years would get it done if he can stay in washington, a comfort zone for him, imho.

GMGM has moved on, for much much worse in my opinion.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:53 PM
jroc86

Semin to the Isles to play with Yashin ....

Old
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
backs4mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
says GMGM who hasnt been in constant talks with semin or his agent. says both parties

GMGM also lowballed green this summer, which most likely was what happened here after they asked their price and nothing transpired past that.

if you dont think GMGM is saying that to cover his ass when he does nothing to replace semin's talent to help with ribeiro, you're in denial.

obviously no NEGOTIATION happened. and from gandlers recent quotes, everything semin has ever said, his demeanor about washington, it still seems he has no interest in leaving, but has to.

I'd be very surprised if GMGM was offering something reasonable considering the market/what semin should be receiving, and semin denied it.

again 5-6 mil for 2-3 years would get it done if he can stay in washington, a comfort zone for him, imho.

GMGM has moved on, for much much worse in my opinion.
Says habs GM actually, who likely inquired about Semin's rights and asked what Semin was looking for. If all Semin wanted was 5-6mil @ 2-3 years, he would of been resigned. If Semin and his agent believe his value is a 7mil contract over 5-7 years, GMGM is going to let him talk to other teams July 1st, and if he doesn't get that contract, he very well could be back. Grabovski recently signed for 5.5mil/y over 5 years, Semin's value is at minimum over a mil more then Grabovski.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Vandelay Industries

Id try get him for a 5 year 6 mill per deal if I were the Canucks. Although im sure some teams will offer more than that.

Closed Thread