HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Qualify Schneider, Lack, and Weise (UPD: Gragnani as well)

Old
06-20-2012, 04:51 PM
TheDiver*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Ballard? To bad the refs won't let him use his *legal hip check*. That and of course there's the fact Bowness is in charge of the blueline.
Even if he gets that stupid clipping penalty, I want to see that hipchecks twice a game for the first ten games...

Even if he gets suspended.

What it does is create a fear, so forwards will be thinking about that next time they enter the zone.

TheDiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 04:53 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
Too bad with todays NHL after dishing a couple of his beautiful hits the man would be banned from the league. But yes, a Scott Stevens type of player.
Only if played for the canucks... if he played for a big market american team, he would get a pat on the back for being a hard nosed gritty defenseman.

John Swartzwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:38 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Absolutely.

Isn't Weise pretty young anyways? He seems to have some upside.
If Weise were a Canuck drafted/developed player, people on this board would be falling all over themselves to praise him and scream about AV "ruining" him.

PPG in the WHL at 19, 28 goals in the AHL at 21, reasonably big body, willing to get his hands dirty, and willing to drop the gloves for his teammates. People would be absolutely ******** if he had come up through the system.

That's not to say that I think he's a top-end prospect or anything, but I think that he's an unbelievably good example of the way that peoples' perception of prospects is coloured by their fan goggles.

That this guy is apparently trash while AV and the horrible mean Canucks perpetrated some perceived crime against Shirokov boggles the mine.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:22 PM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
"hard hitting gritty defenseman" describes Andrew Alberts and Aaron Rome, right?

Seriously, no, we need a steady right handed partner for Edler. Hopefully, with an offensive game and who can help quarter back a powerplay.

I'm really hoping it'll be Shultz.
Alberts and Romer are big. They're not the least bit gritty.

MAG has a great offensive game, but the guy is as soft as they get. He despises contact. I despise D men that are afraid to hit and get hit.

Schultz would be great. But I personally think our D needs something more than what he can bring.

CookieCrumbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:09 AM
crazyforhockey

with all the possible trades/drafts that can happen for us ...no need till after Sunday for MG to make offer to the others...after Sat or Sun he will have a clearer view of the big picture.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote