Backlund and J-Bo On Trading Block

Old
06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Only way I'm okay with Bouwmeester being moved is if we get the 5th overall pick in return from the Islanders and pick Reinhart. Sure we'll be ****ed short term, but we potentially lose Bouwmeester in 2 years for nothing if he walks as a UFA. Better move him now than later.

We'd also have to go retardedly hard after one of Coliacovo, Wideman, Rozsival, Carle, Garrison, and even possibly go for more than one. Plus probably a stop gap guy like Aucoin, Kubina, Kuba, keep one of Sarich or Hannan, Salvador, Gill, Souray.

Cause if we move Bouw our D looks like the following:

Gio-Blank
Butler-Blank
Brodie-Smith

So if we can get one from each category of defenseman, or get another via trade for Backlund, then I'm okay with it in the short term, since it benefits in the long term.

Personally I'm really hoping for Coliacovo and/or Rozsival to play with Gio.
In the event of a JBo deal I wanted to see us grab Jackman and CC from St. Louis. Jackman is gone, but Carlo is still there. I think the 'other' guy would have to be someone physical. The only physical guy left on our bluelne when Sarich walks is Giordano.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameshomer View Post
How would you guys feel about trading bouwmeester and the 14th for 10th 19th and aulie from Tampa?
I would do that in a second. I hated that Aulie was the 'throw-in' in the Phaneuf deal. We gave up the best player and the best futures while taking on more cap. I doubt Tampa does it though. 3 young assets is what you give up for a Pronger/Weber type, not for JBo.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
My proposal of Bouwmeester, Backlund and a 1st for Duchene I really don't think is that far fetched. Stepping away from HF for a second and looking at a trade in the real world, that is a pretty significant offer. Duchene is exactly the type of young player Feaster should be targeting and personally I don't think he gets used in Sacco's system properly. I think obviously whether or not the Avs value Bouwmeester at his cap hit would be the main area of concern.

I would absolutely make that trade if the Avs would do it. Duchene is going to be a skilled #1C for a lot of years in the NHL and our pieces we are sending could be reacquired down the road.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
My proposal of Bouwmeester, Backlund and a 1st for Duchene I really don't think is that far fetched. Stepping away from HF for a second and looking at a trade in the real world, that is a pretty significant offer. Duchene is exactly the type of young player Feaster should be targeting and personally I don't think he gets used in Sacco's system properly. I think obviously whether or not the Avs value Bouwmeester at his cap hit would be the main area of concern.

I would absolutely make that trade if the Avs would do it. Duchene is going to be a skilled #1C for a lot of years in the NHL and our pieces we are sending could be reacquired down the road.
I agree with you. That's why I don't think the Avs do it. Bouwmeester's value this year is much the same as Brian Campbell's was last year.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:55 PM
BVicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I agree with you. That's why I don't think the Avs do it. Bouwmeester's value this year is much the same as Brian Campbell's was last year.
I think AVS do it based on his actual salary. They need to take on salary, why not take on a true 1-2 Dman? Add a pick and a prospect, I think they would do it. They already have a #1 & #2 center

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
jtommyt

Quote:

What about Backlund and Bouwmeester for Stastny and Colorado's 2012 2nd rounder (41st overall)?

I don't think the Avs are real keen on trading Duchene, even after the disappointing year.

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtommyt View Post
What about Backlund and Bouwmeester for Stastny and Colorado's 2012 2nd rounder (41st overall)?

I don't think the Avs are real keen on trading Duchene, even after the disappointing year.
Much more realistic I think. Stastny doesn't have the upside Duchene does and they are roughly equivalent players now. Plus, Stastny is overpaid by 1.5 million like JBo.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I wouldn't be targeting Statsny personally, great player and all and Duchene is a potential franchise player. I would add to that package if needed as well (ie. Howse).

Old
06-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
I wouldn't be targeting Statsny personally, great player and all and Duchene is a potential franchise player. I would add to that package if needed as well (ie. Howse).
I still doubt they do that. They'd want a player like Giordano or Glencross. Or a prospect like Sven. 20 year old franchise centermen rarely/never get moved. I've never seen a player as young and good as Duchene get moved at all. Other than Lindros which was a special circumstance. I agree that Stastny is not a franchise type guy, whereas Duchene could be, but he is still a very good #2 center.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I still doubt they do that. They'd want a player like Giordano or Glencross. Or a prospect like Sven. 20 year old franchise centermen rarely/never get moved. I've never seen a player as young and good as Duchene get moved at all. Other than Lindros which was a special circumstance. I agree that Stastny is not a franchise type guy, whereas Duchene could be, but he is still a very good #2 center.
IF Duchene were to be available, you would have to consider putting Gio in play as well if that was the asking price.

I agree it is rare and unlikely, but this is the type of deal Feaster needs to go after.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
IF Duchene were to be available, you would have to consider putting Gio in play as well if that was the asking price.

I agree it is rare and unlikely, but this is the type of deal Feaster needs to go after.
For sure. I'd love to land Duchene. He's already a great player and most prospects are just entering the league at his age.

Old
06-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
I think any offer for Duchene starts with Baertschi from an Avalanche perspective - he's that valuable to the franchise.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I think any offer for Duchene starts with Baertschi from an Avalanche perspective - he's that valuable to the franchise.
He didn't even put up a 40 point pace last year. Flames need to stay away from a soft, one-dimensional player coming off an injury and that major an offensive dip.

I'd rather go after Stastny.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
He didn't even put up a 40 point pace last year. Flames need to stay away from a soft, one-dimensional player coming off an injury and that major an offensive dip.

I'd rather go after Stastny.
You can teach defense, you can't teach offense. Duchene will learn that part of the game in time.

I agree that Stastny is likely the more available of the two, and probably won't cost as high of a price.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:40 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
I think AVS do it based on his actual salary. They need to take on salary, why not take on a true 1-2 Dman? Add a pick and a prospect, I think they would do it. They already have a #1 & #2 center
Yes, the Avs do have their #1 and #2 centers- Stastny and Duchene. O'Reilly is the "third" center, despite Duchene's and O'Reilly's relative play last season. The Avs would not pull the trigger on that deal. Not to mention to trade a player of Duchene's caliber to a divisional rival would require a massive overpayment. And I mean massive.

Just as note from an Avs fan, most of us would not even consider trading either Duchene or Stastny in a trade centered around JBo. No offense to anyone! Just trying to give some friendly input from the "other" side.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

I can't see Colorado trading Duchene or Stastny for Bouwmeester. You'd likely need to start with Giordano.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:09 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I can't see Colorado trading Duchene or Stastny for Bouwmeester. You'd likely need to start with Giordano.
Stastny should have relatively the same value as Jbo we would need to add something like a second if we had one and if they needed another defenseman that is. Satstny has the same cap hit and has been underperforming for 2 years in a row got worse this year than last year.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:44 PM
SB47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Stastny should have relatively the same value as Jbo we would need to add something like a second if we had one and if they needed another defenseman that is. Satstny has the same cap hit and has been underperforming for 2 years in a row got worse this year than last year.
So you would wanna trade for an underperforming player and add a pick if we had one to spare

SB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:52 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB47 View Post
So you would wanna trade for an underperforming player and add a pick if we had one to spare
Touche but the point remains it would be a swap of overpaid underperforming players.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Body Checker

Bouwmeester and Backlund for Marleau

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:43 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Bouwmeester and Backlund for Marleau
Christ no!

Old
06-20-2012, 06:38 AM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB47 View Post
Hahaha, I get your point. I would like to add that Stastny means more to the Avalanche than other teams value him (a bit like O'Reilly). He is the longest tenured Av behind Hejduk, a proven center who has FINALLY been paired up with a winger he has chemistry with (David Jones who was just given a 4 year extension; Jamie McGinn who was acquired in March), and the players respect him (possible captain-material).

But yes, like someone else said, the Avalanche are not likely/do not desire to trade Stastny or Duchene in the division for JBo. Who knows though, our GM (Sherman) has been known to make "gutsy" trades...

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:12 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I don't buy it. Bouwmeester eats a whole lotta minutes. But oh well, we might as well start the proposals.

Jbow + Backlund to Oilers for either Maricin or Klefbom + Smid
EDM is not giving up that for those two, I wouldn't even give up one of them for both of them. There is no room for Backlund, Gagner is better than he is and JBO is 2.8mil over priced.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:14 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
HAHAHAH,....you can't be serious can you?

D- Mark Giordano
LW- Curtis Glencross
14th overall

For

C- Matt Duchene
D- Tyson Barrie

Might get Greg Sherman's attention
That is a pretty good offer I would say; it would get COL attention

Old
06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameshomer View Post
How would you guys feel about trading bouwmeester and the 14th for 10th 19th and aulie from Tampa?
JBO and your 14th is not going to get you 10 and 19