Notices

Backlund and J-Bo On Trading Block

Old
06-21-2012, 08:24 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Big difference between Marincin and Klefbom. I wouldn't do either trade, but I'd consider it with an additional asset coming back if the player was Klefbom, wouldn't if it was Marincin. Smid is overrated IMO.
Smid is a really good shut down dman that blocks a lot of shots and plays with an edge.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
HAHAHAH,....you can't be serious can you?

D- Mark Giordano
LW- Curtis Glencross
14th overall

For

C- Matt Duchene
D- Tyson Barrie

Might get Greg Sherman's attention
If this was changed to Gio to Bouw, I would do this. As much as I would hate to lose Curtis, it would be worth it to get Duchene.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Snazu

Not really sure what the reasoning is for either of these 2 to even being mentioned to be on the block. Trading away a prospect that hasn't really shown what he is fully capable of at an NHL level and his value is probably at an all time low. Then talking about trading a #1/2 D-man that plays 25+ minutes a night with no one to come close to filling that role on the team. The only possible senario I could see, is trading Bouwmester with the thought that they will be able to sign Suter to replace him, but that seems like a completely stupid plan to trade away Bouw, and then just hope that Suter is willing to sign with Calgary on July 1st. Who cares if they manage to get a top end C for Bouwmester when their D will be one of the thinest groups in the NHL.

Snazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Bouwmeester's name is continually out there in trade rumor's. Will be interesting to see if anything materializes.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Bouwmeester's name is continually out there in trade rumor's. Will be interesting to see if anything materializes.
A lot of people say he'll be a Flame come Monday. However who knows. Could also heavily depend on FA's.
Suter = not Detroit = Detroit needing a top Dman = Flames have a "top Dman".

What would be funny about the trade, JBo would play fantastically in Detroit. And Flames fans would be angry that we got rid of him, however, he'd never do the same in CGY as DET.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:22 PM
BVicious

I hope they hold on to him until after July 1st if you're going to trade him. After the big names are signed, you will get a better return as demand just went up.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 03:24 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
I hope they hold on to him until after July 1st if you're going to trade him. After the big names are signed, you will get a better return as demand just went up.
It's easy to agree with this sentiment. Not everyone that needs D help can land Suter, Garrison, Wideman, and Carle. Add the fact that GM's would rather not give up assets to acquire what they want, and take into account we should see what we land as well. People have to question Bouwmeester's value to our club. IMO, he is quite valuable and will be hard to replace unless we obtain FA help. But I'm also aware that Bouwmeester is not a go-to guy. I would be ecstatic if we could get a value return from him and sign 1-2 quality FA dmen in the process. The good news is there are some solid 1-6 dmen in this years FA crop.

Bouwmeester's value will go up because he's likely the least valuable of all of my mentioned assets pre-July 1st. Mostly due to his cap hit. Unless huge over payments start floating around, therefore making Bouw's contract look good.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Thumper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I'd be willing to part with either of them if it meant moving into the top 10 at the draft.
This.

Have we made a move yet?

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Flamesfan102

Take it for what it's worth - eklund has said that the Bruins are leading the way to get Boumeester. Who would they give us?

Flamesfan102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:29 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102 View Post
Take it for what it's worth - eklund has said that the Bruins are leading the way to get Boumeester. Who would they give us?
Krejci? please!

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote