HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXVII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2012, 08:29 PM
  #326
Buckleys
Registered User
 
Buckleys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Who would play the point. Milan can't for sure, and I'm not sure if Turris can, and can't comment on Silfverberg.
Sorry I meant as the 2nd unit. I have no about the points. I should have clarified that.

Buckleys is online now  
Old
06-20-2012, 08:35 PM
  #327
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 1967
Well the belief is that Columbus wants 2 roster players (likely top 6) and 2 prospects.

Something like Foligno, Michalek, Zibanejad, and Stone/Lehner is what I'm expecting.

Gil Gunderson is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 08:39 PM
  #328
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
We live in a cap world, you cannot do that. Yes, he's a great player, but he's also going to cost a lot of our depth and has an awful contract. Yes we have cap space now, but that shouldn't be the case when we're back to trying to contend again.

I don't like the idea of selling the future for Nash. If he's available at a reasonable cost that isn't what Howson supposedly wants, then maybe it wouldn't be as bad.
We are in a posistion where we can. I understand we live in a cap world. We also live in a world where we have 26 million after Karlssons raise to sign 3 rfas, and maybe a couple ufas.

Next year Gonchar is gone taking his 5.5 million cap hit with him. Alfy's has almost 5 million coming off too.

Murray put us in a good spot by trading Fisher and Kelly. We have the room to bring in a large contract like Nash, Suter or Parise.

Lets be honest. Chances of Parise or Suter signing with us is slim to ****ing none. I want Nash on our team.

Qward is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 08:40 PM
  #329
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
Well the belief is that Columbus wants 2 roster players (likely top 6) and 2 prospects.

Something like Foligno, Michalek, Zibanejad, and Stone/Lehner is what I'm expecting.
Then I dont even think about it.

Just think about what we got for Heatley... We got one B+ piece a cap dump and a 2nd rd pick.

That offer is insane

Legend Killer is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
  #330
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Then I dont even think about it.

Just think about what we got for Heatley... We got one B+ piece a cap dump and a 2nd rd pick.

That offer is insane
It is, but Melnyk is also involved in a lot of management's moves. Nash would be a dream come true marketing-wise.

Gil Gunderson is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
  #331
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
Foligno, Michalek, Zibanejad and DaCosta/Butler/Hoffman; not Stone; not Lehner

I'd look hard at that

operasen is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
  #332
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Foligno, Michalek, Zibanejad and DaCosta/Butler/Hoffman; not Stone; not Lehner

I'd look hard at that
Pass. The difference between 9MM isn't a 47 point player and 6th overall pick. I get that people want the big name winger, but **** being a 1 line team again.

Iamok is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
  #333
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
and IF Murray included a goalie, we'd be taking one at 15 I think

operasen is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 08:50 PM
  #334
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Pass. The difference between 9MM isn't a 47 point player and 6th overall pick. I get that people want the big name winger, but **** being a 1 line team again.
This is my worry was well. The fact that those 3 players will have pretty flexible contracts for the next 3 years will allow us to be a deeper team and gives us room to make other trades/signings. The past few Cup winners had depth as one of their strengths.


Last edited by Gil Gunderson: 06-20-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Gil Gunderson is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:00 PM
  #335
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Zibanejad, Foligno, Bishop is all i would do. maybe butler

Nash
Spezza
Michalek
Turris
Silfverberg
Alfy.

That is not a 1 line team.
That is a STRONG top 6.

If Nash comes in, I suspect Alfy will come back.

in 2013/2014

Nash/Spezza/Silfverberg
Michalek/Turris/Stone*Noeson*Petersson*UFA

Getting Nash doesnt sell the future. It gives us a push forward.

Qward is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
  #336
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
As long as Zibanejad, Lehner, Silfverberg and Stone are not part of the deal.
We're not trading for Umberger, we're trading for Nash. 2 of them would be needed, and I can't understand how someone would be upset with that. 2 prospects aren't the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Pass. The difference between 9MM isn't a 47 point player and 6th overall pick. I get that people want the big name winger, but **** being a 1 line team again.
Foligno isn't an ideal top-6 player anyways, Rick Nash is absolutely worth that.

The Expert is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
  #337
God Says No
Registered User
 
God Says No's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,776
vCash: 500
f that. if michalek, noesen, or lehner is what they want, then it's a deal breaker.

i like nash, but the highest i would go is what was allegedly offered.

zib, foligno, bishop. that's it. no first round picks either. if that's not enough, then tough sheet. i guess we have to settle on having zib on the team.

God Says No is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:05 PM
  #338
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,217
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Pass. The difference between 9MM isn't a 47 point player and 6th overall pick. I get that people want the big name winger, but **** being a 1 line team again.
The Senators still would have good depth when it comes to forwards so while it's true it could mean the team is a one line team next season, it would be one step back two steps forward once our better forward prospects start making the team.
If Regin can stay healthy he slots in the second line as a winger and our top two lines become

Nash - Spezza - Greening
Regin - Turris - Alfie/Stone/Silfverberg

Greening isn't the ideal top line player but with Nash and Spezza on there already his job is to crash the net, make space and cycle the puck. We know he can do this
The second line might seem small but would be good at scoring and solid defensively.

As long as Murray does not trade a dman I'd say go for Nash.

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
  #339
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1989 View Post
Noesen is going to be as good as rick nash - the sens think he has the potential to be a superstar - no way theyre trading him
Boom they arent trading him no way.

Id move Zib before him to be honest.

bert is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
  #340
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Zibanejad, Foligno, Bishop for Nash
Smith, 15th overall for Hjalmarsson and 17th overall

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Milan Michalek ($4.333m)
Jakob Silfverberg ($0.900m) / Kyle Turris ($1.400m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Colin Greening ($0.817m) / Peter Regin ($0.800m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)
Erik Condra ($0.625m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.900m) / Kaspars Daugavins ($0.660m)
Bobby Butler ($1.050m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Jared Cowen ($1.265m) / Sergei Gonchar ($5.500m)
Chris Phillips ($3.083m) / Matt Carkner ($0.700m)
Mark Borowiecki ($0.610m) /
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($0.870m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,075,833; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $11,224,167


I am happy with this.

Qward is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:26 PM
  #341
dan1el
Registered User
 
dan1el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Zibanejad, Foligno, Bishop for Nash
Smith, 15th overall for Hjalmarsson and 17th overall

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Milan Michalek ($4.333m)
Jakob Silfverberg ($0.900m) / Kyle Turris ($1.400m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Colin Greening ($0.817m) / Peter Regin ($0.800m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)
Erik Condra ($0.625m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.900m) / Kaspars Daugavins ($0.660m)
Bobby Butler ($1.050m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Jared Cowen ($1.265m) / Sergei Gonchar ($5.500m)
Chris Phillips ($3.083m) / Matt Carkner ($0.700m)
Mark Borowiecki ($0.610m) /
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($0.870m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,075,833; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $11,224,167


I am happy with this.
So am I. So is everyone else here. Problem is, columbus already rejected that package.

dan1el is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:34 PM
  #342
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
We're not trading for Umberger, we're trading for Nash. 2 of them would be needed, and I can't understand how someone would be upset with that. 2 prospects aren't the future.



Foligno isn't an ideal top-6 player anyways, Rick Nash is absolutely worth that.
I don't really care about Foligno, it's MZ & 9MM that I'm talking about mostly. I think MZ's pretty underrated around here since his generally underwhelming season.

I know people refer to him as a top 6 prospect, but with his combination of size, skill, and skating I really think he's top line material.

Iamok is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
  #343
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
So am I. So is everyone else here. Problem is, columbus already rejected that package.
it wasnt rejected. Murray said "we will give you this. Lets us know."

He is just waiting for a Howson to listen to the other offers and see we have the best offer.

Qward is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
  #344
SIMMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
There is an inordinate amount of focus on a possible Nash trade and an assumption by many proponents that adding Nash automatically makes the Sens a much better team. Adding Nash would be welcomed by most but at what cost seems to be the big debating point. All debate is centered on offence. WE ONLY HAVE 4 DEFENCEMEN SIGNED FOR NEXT YEAR! Two of these defencemen are obviously close to the end of their careers and are not getting faster. The other two are incredibly young and cannot be counted apon to carry the vast majority of the defensive load. This team was top five in the league in scoring last year and many promising forwards are pushing for places this coming year. Shouldn't we be focussing on bolstering the defence with top 4 defencemen in the prime of their careers rather than trading significant assets for Nash? If we can fix the defence then maybe we can think about adding a game breaking forward next year when our young assets may have even greater value after good seasons this year.

SIMMAN is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:48 PM
  #345
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
We are talking about Nash because it isnt often that Ottawa has a chance to land a guy like him.

A lot of us are also talking about trading for Hjalmarsson.
or did you glance over that post?

Qward is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:48 PM
  #346
L'Aveuglette
Registered User
 
L'Aveuglette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,476
vCash: 1000
I'd be OK with Murray adding our 1st rounder to the package or say, a guy like Da Costa, but there's no way I'd want him to throw in one more current top-6er. Our team wouldn't be better if we let go of Zibby, Foligno AND Michalek. No way!

L'Aveuglette is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM
  #347
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 1243
Ok so Karlsson is now locked up for seven years at a reasonable cap hit and he just won the Norris trophy?

Quick trade him while his value is high!!!

Yokai is online now  
Old
06-20-2012, 10:01 PM
  #348
God Says No
Registered User
 
God Says No's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
The Senators still would have good depth when it comes to forwards so while it's true it could mean the team is a one line team next season, it would be one step back two steps forward once our better forward prospects start making the team.
If Regin can stay healthy he slots in the second line as a winger and our top two lines become

Nash - Spezza - Greening
Regin - Turris - Alfie/Stone/Silfverberg

Greening isn't the ideal top line player but with Nash and Spezza on there already his job is to crash the net, make space and cycle the puck. We know he can do this
The second line might seem small but would be good at scoring and solid defensively.

As long as Murray does not trade a dman I'd say go for Nash.
i would argue that this past years top 6 six is as good as the one you have listed there.

greening - spezza - michalek
foligno - turris - alfie

which means the trade for nash is just a lateral move.

God Says No is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 10:24 PM
  #349
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW
 
OttawaSenators11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 50
What about Mika,Foligno, Lehner, and our 1st this year for Nash?

OttawaSenators11 is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 10:26 PM
  #350
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 25,924
vCash: 500
I know that Michalek and Zibanejad both will not be apart of the package. It's yet to be seen Murray will add Lehner to the package because I believe the Sens are high on him. He does have an excellent resume so far.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.