HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXVII

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 11:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
What about Mika,Foligno, Lehner, and our first this year for Nash?
Too much. Replace Lehner with Bishop and I'll consider it with a 2nd coming back from Columbus.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
sens2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Ok so Karlsson is now locked up for seven years at a reasonable cap hit and he just won the Norris trophy?

Quick trade him while his value is high!!!
I bet we could trade him for PK!
but we'd probably have to add something because of the cap hit
Karlsson + Silfverberg might get it done. Might.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:44 PM
SIMMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
We are talking about Nash because it isnt often that Ottawa has a chance to land a guy like him.

A lot of us are also talking about trading for Hjalmarsson.
or did you glance over that post?
No I am not ignoring those posts, but the vast majority of the focus is on Nash and with the projected assets going to the Nash trade how will that impact our ability to address the defence shortcomings? How many assets will we have left over after a defence trade and a Nash trade? There also seems to be a sense from many that most of our prospects will turn out to be good players hence we can let significant assets go now before they develop. An overly optimistic view.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMMAN View Post
No I am not ignoring those posts, but the vast majority of the focus is on Nash and with the projected assets going to the Nash trade how will that impact our ability to address the defence shortcomings? How many assets will we have left over after a defence trade and a Nash trade? There also seems to be a sense from many that most of our prospects will turn out to be good players hence we can let significant assets go now before they develop. An overly optimistic view.
Again we have a wealth of prospects and not enough room for all them. Might as well use a few of them as leverage!
Ideally I'd like to keep Michalek and trade Foligno with picks (1st rounder) and prospects (Lehner, Zibanejad) to land Nash but that's just not realistic.
Foligno, Michalek, 1st rounder, Lehner and Zibanejad I think is a good package: we don't lose any dmen, trade two good top 6 and two quality prospects for a great first line player.
Anything more and I wouldn't do it though.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Too much. Replace Lehner with Bishop and I'll consider it with a 2nd coming back from Columbus.
I'd mike that trade all day with a 2nd (45th) overall coming back.

God....If Howson makes a dumb trade with Philly for like JVR Read Bob and Mez or something lame my head will explode. Ottawa just makes too much sense.

I gotta think Nash killed the deal to Ottawa. It's retarded.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Again we have a wealth of prospects and not enough room for all them. Might as well use a few of them as leverage!
Ideally I'd like to keep Michalek and trade Foligno with picks (1st rounder) and prospects (Lehner, Zibanejad) to land Nash but that's just not realistic.
Foligno, Michalek, 1st rounder, Lehner and Zibanejad I think is a good package: we don't lose any dmen, trade two good top 6 and two quality prospects for a great first line player.
Anything more and I wouldn't do it though.
That package would get us a better player than Nash.

Michalek, Foligno, Lehner, Zibanejad and our 1st rounder would land us Corey Perry.

The problem is that if we trade for Nash, we likely gut our depth and become a one line team again. The sens should stick with the rebuild plan and allow their prospects to take spots.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post

Michalek, Foligno, Lehner, Zibanejad and our 1st rounder would land us Corey Perry.

The problem is that if we trade for Nash, we likely gut our depth and become a one line team again. The sens should stick with the rebuild plan and allow their prospects to take spots.
Yeah...I am a Jackets fan but I agree Michalek added definitely is gross overpayment even for a great player like Nash. Subract him and its closer to slight overpayment (which always happens) to acquire a stud winger.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:09 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Yeah these proposals are getting a little outrageous.

Player, prospect and pick should be enough to get it done.

If we can get Nash to agree to come here and a trade is worked out, I have to think that makes us a bit more attractive to a UFA defenseman.

Maybe a guy like Suter DOES consider Ottawa as a destination.

We'd be pretty damn good.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:20 AM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

Quote:

I have seen so much of this thinking...I have to jump in. The problem is that you will play your young kids but, at best, only 1 out of every 2 are going to play well enough to increase their value. The majority of the other players will see their perceived value tail off sharply as the hype dies down and the remainder will tread water and slowly fall off over the next several years.

Murray (and the media) have helped to put the Sens in a position of strength as their is a lot of hype around our prospects and so the perceived value is high. This will not last forever.

It is up to Murray, as a good negotiator, to convince Columbus to buy into the hype around some of our prospects that have more risk associated with them. I trust that Murray and his staff will identify 3 or 4 key pieces that they will keep and the rest will be made available and a deal will be negotiated.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlapJackKing View Post
I have seen so much of this thinking...I have to jump in. The problem is that you will play your young kids but, at best, only 1 out of every 2 are going to play well enough to increase their value. The majority of the other players will see their perceived value tail off sharply as the hype dies down and the remainder will tread water and slowly fall off over the next several years.

Murray (and the media) have helped to put the Sens in a position of strength as their is a lot of hype around our prospects and so the perceived value is high. This will not last forever.

It is up to Murray, as a good negotiator, to convince Columbus to buy into the hype around some of our prospects that have more risk associated with them. I trust that Murray and his staff will identify 3 or 4 key pieces that they will keep and the rest will be made available and a deal will be negotiated.

CBJ fan here: Question: Exactly who are your top 3 prospects in your opinion?

I know you have a crapload of dudes...

Old
06-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Berserker*

Quote:

Fair enough, I think that they should be careful about including some of our top prospects in a trade. While some of our prospects value will significantly drop off, some will meet or exceed the expectations put upon them. IMO Murray should only include top prospects in a trade that have a higher perceived value than they are actually worth; players that have a lot of hype around them, but the organization doesn't feel that they could reach that potential. For example trading Rundblad was a good idea; while he has a lot of offensive potential, he still has a lot of work to do on his defensive game . He likely will never end up being a #1 or 2 d man, but he could end up as a top 4 guy. He had all the hype surrounding him from his big season in the SEL that caused his market value to be higher than it likely should have been.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:32 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Yeah these proposals are getting a little outrageous.

Player, prospect and pick should be enough to get it done.

If we can get Nash to agree to come here and a trade is worked out, I have to think that makes us a bit more attractive to a UFA defenseman.

Maybe a guy like Suter DOES consider Ottawa as a destination.

We'd be pretty damn good.
I agree. People overlook this, mightily. If we get Nash, other UFA's will know we are serious about winning and have just acquired one of the best wingers in the game to go along with what is already an up-coming playoff team.

Suter/Garrison could easily shift their focus to coming signing here. We'd be contenders with Suter and a strong playoff team with Garrison.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:33 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

Zibanejad
Silfverberg
Lehner

Old
06-21-2012, 12:38 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Zibanejad
Silfverberg
Lehner

What would we do without them

Old
06-21-2012, 12:38 AM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

Quote:

Personally I like Silfverberg (the kid's shot is filthy), Noesen (I love his drive and work ethic - he WILL MAKE something of himself) and Lehner (love his compete but he has to learn to channel his emotions) as my top 3. Zibanejad is right there but there is just something I worry about...no knowledge of anything, just a feeling. I worry he has confidence issues that will keep him from being great.

Edit: I'm just not sure Zibanejad knows how good he can be...he has all the tools.

Who would you like to see as part of the deal?

Last edited by FlapJackKing: 06-21-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old
06-21-2012, 12:39 AM
benjiv1

Quote:

In a non specific order:

1. Zibanejad
2. Jakob Silfverberg
3. Robin Lehner

4. Stefan Noesen
5. Mark Stone
6. Matt Puempel
7. Shane Prince
8. Stephane Da Costa
9. Patrick Weircioch
10. Mark Borowiecki
11. Andre Petersson

Old
06-21-2012, 12:42 AM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Fair enough, I think that they should be careful about including some of our top prospects in a trade. While some of our prospects value will significantly drop off, some will meet or exceed the expectations put upon them. IMO Murray should only include top prospects in a trade that have a higher perceived value than they are actually worth; players that have a lot of hype around them, but the organization doesn't feel that they could reach that potential. For example trading Rundblad was a good idea; while he has a lot of offensive potential, he still has a lot of work to do on his defensive game . He likely will never end up being a #1 or 2 d man, but he could end up as a top 4 guy. He had all the hype surrounding him from his big season in the SEL that caused his market value to be higher than it likely should have been.
Agreed. He isn't the only one left on this team that falls into this category. The trick is to identify them.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:45 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
I agree. People overlook this, mightily.
It's not overlooking, it's being realistic.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Personally I like Silfverberg (the kid's shot is filthy), Noesen (I love his drive and work ethic - he WILL MAKE something of himself) and Lehner (love his compete but he has to learn to channel his emotions) as my top 3. Zibanejad is right there but there is just something I worry about...no knowledge of anything, just a feeling. I worry he has confidence issues and that will keep him from being great.

Who would you like to see as part of the deal?
For me there would be million combo's here with a couple roster players/prospects:

Something like:
Zbad
Lehner
Foligno
1st round pick

or Zbad
Bishop
Foligno
Michalek

minimum would be:

Zbad
Bishop
Foligno
1st

I just love the Sens in this Nash scenario. but

I gotta believe if we settle for a crap offer from a team like NYR or SJ that:

Nash put the kabosh on any potential deal. Not sure why he would, heard Ottawa is a nice town and has the makings of a great team.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:05 AM
God Says No

Quote:
For me there would be million combo's here with a couple roster players/prospects:

Something like:
Zbad
Lehner
Foligno
1st round pick

or Zbad
Bishop
Foligno
Michalek

minimum would be:

Zbad
Bishop
Foligno
1st

Nash put the kabosh on any potential deal. Not sure why he would, heard Ottawa is a nice town and has the makings of a great team.
wow, that's a no go for me on any of those deals. you can keep nash.

take out the first in the last proposal and we might have a deal.

Old
06-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:

Something like:
Zbad
Lehner
Foligno
1st round pick

or Zbad
Bishop
Foligno
Michalek

minimum would be:

Zbad
Bishop
Foligno
1st

How about Nash + Methot for Gonchar + Foligno + Zibanejad + Bishop

Old
06-21-2012, 03:48 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Yeah...I am a Jackets fan but I agree Michalek added definitely is gross overpayment even for a great player like Nash. Subract him and its closer to slight overpayment (which always happens) to acquire a stud winger.
Without Michalek the offer comes down to a borderline second line player who has a ton of time to improve and a bunch of prospects....

Since my proposal seems to have been considered by most a gross overpayment how about this.
Michalek, Bishop/Lehner and Zibanejad?

Old
06-21-2012, 06:59 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
It's not overlooking, it's being realistic.
It's not realistic when people don't attribute all the factors that come into play.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:09 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
We are in a posistion where we can. I understand we live in a cap world. We also live in a world where we have 26 million after Karlssons raise to sign 3 rfas, and maybe a couple ufas.

Next year Gonchar is gone taking his 5.5 million cap hit with him. Alfy's has almost 5 million coming off too.

Murray put us in a good spot by trading Fisher and Kelly. We have the room to bring in a large contract like Nash, Suter or Parise.

Lets be honest. Chances of Parise or Suter signing with us is slim to ****ing none. I want Nash on our team.
I would not say the chance are slim to none they won't sign if Murray makes a solid offer there is a chance.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Rooverick*

Zbad
Bishop
Foligno
1st

Nash
Methot
2nd (2012)

Closed Thread