HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXVII

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 04:57 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Assuming that the info Brennan claims to have is accurate, I wonder if there's any way we can replace Zibanejad with our #15 overall this year, and make up the difference by adding a prospect?

Like,
Zibanejad our 1st rounder this year + Pageau
Foligno
Lehner
They're going to want quality over quantity. We'd have to add Silf or Noesen and then some more sugar.

If we're tossing around all these assets though, why not go for Kane instead? He's already as good as Nash and won't cost as much in salary. Plus, he and Karlsson are best bros.

Seriously though, its too early for these types of moves in the rebuild. Guys like Silfverberg and Zibanejad's trade value are going to go way up once they prove they are NHL regulars and really we need to focus on improving the D this year and in the future. We're already a decently deep team upfront with all the young talent and quality at center.

Old
06-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Do.

Not.

Want.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:00 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
You're not getting Nash without Zibanejad in there.
Yeah, probably... but it's fun to speculate.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfanman View Post
Leaf fan coming in peace...never saw this posted but supposedly the Sens have made a fairly substantial offer for the services of Nash:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/06/19/...-hunt-for-nash

The Sens have built up enough assets to pull off a trade like this.
We should do that trade in a heartbeat...I'm a big Nash fan.

Old
Benny FTW
[yt]M6PbdJiAK84[/yt]

vCash: 50
If we're gonna trade for an overpaid player may as well just trade for Jaybo. Atleast that would fill a need.

Old
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
You're not getting Nash without Zibanejad in there.
This is what I'm thinking.

He's by far our most valuable trading piece (if you disregard roster players), and thus will be the centerpiece in any trade for a star player because the other team isn't going to settle for anything less.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:02 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAngelinaJolie View Post
Man why can't we be that team that targets a big name player for once...Every year its bottom 6 forward top 4 D. Guys like Nash don't grow on trees, we need a big PF up front our LW position is weak because after michalek all we have is greening...
I've told everyone that the Sens are going to get a big-name player this off-season and even placed a bet on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
We are not making a push for the cup next season Stylizer, it's a nice dream but that's what it is a dream. We are in the middle of a rebuilt so we're at least 3 to 4 years away from competing for the cup.
Murray keeps referring to the 3 year plan and at first, I thought the three year plan meant until we reach the playoffs. However, after the Turris trade, I kind of saw that in 3 years he wants to be able to contend or make some noise in the playoffs.

We are in year 2 of this "rebuild" acquiring Nash and a top 4 defender this year would make us legitimate contenders for division and maybe east. Another piece next year and more experience from the young guns and we could be cup contenders.

3 year plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
They're going to want quality over quantity. We'd have to add Silf or Noesen and then some more sugar.

If we're tossing around all these assets though, why not go for Kane instead? He's already as good as Nash and won't cost as much in salary. Plus, he and Karlsson are best bros.
I honestly think that Sens would be interested in Kane more than Nash but the Kane rumor is a fib and he is just trying to hold out for more money like the whole Doughty situation.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:03 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
This is what I'm thinking.

He's by far our most valuable trading piece (if you disregard roster players), and thus will be the centerpiece in any trade for a star player because the other team isn't going to settle for anything less.
Then we don't pull the trigger. Its too early to trade away a 6th overall pick one year removed from his draft.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:03 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Bob Mackenzie says Ryan is back on, lool, like he was ever off the trade market...

Nash and Ryan are coming here boys!

Haha, with all these players available, I know we will get at least one.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:17 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Bob Mackenzie says Ryan is back on, lool, like he was ever off the trade market...

Nash and Ryan are coming here boys!

Haha, with all these players available, I know we will get at least one.
Err', you mean it's about as possible as either of them going to any other team in the league. I don't buy what Brennan is saying and I know there will be a team out there that will offer more value to Columbus for Nash. And if we do end up offering the most value, it's more than likely a vast over-payment.

Trading for ready-to-go 1st line players will always, always, always result in an over-payment unless there are strange/hostile circumstances (see: Heatley). I guarantee that Howson would keep Nash around next season unless presented with an absolutely astounding over-payment.

Would I trade, Zibanejad + Foligno + Bishop for Rick Nash? Sure. But that's not going to happen.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
I wouldn't move Zibanejad in a package for anyone.
i rethought that. i'd be happy with zibanejad, foligno, bishop for nash (like the super pro has reported in the sun)

both as a reward for spezza (he really needs someone to play with and nash is perfect)
and to give some real hope to alfie in what could be his last yr.

(although i still think z is going to be very, very, very good)

if that really is the offer then, they're probably expecting howson to say no foligno, but give us michalek and you got a deal. and the deal is done.

(oh and apologies to all, claiming that nash was not coming here. still unlikely, but you ******** were right it is fun to speculate)

Old
06-19-2012, 05:26 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Err', you mean it's about as possible as either of them going to any other team in the league. I don't buy what Brennan is saying and I know there will be a team out there that will offer more value to Columbus for Nash. And if we do end up offering the most value, it's more than likely a vast over-payment.

Trading for ready-to-go 1st line players will always, always, always result in an over-payment unless there are strange/hostile circumstances (see: Heatley). I guarantee that Howson would keep Nash around next season unless presented with an absolutely astounding over-payment.

Would I trade, Zibanejad + Foligno + Bishop for Rick Nash? Sure. But that's not going to happen.
The one thing I want to add tot this, or at least make mention of, is that IF this Brennan offer has base in reality (an iffy proposition), we might be helped by the fact that Nash has a full NTC. If Nash agrees to waive to come here, but not to... oh, I don't know... Buffalo, for instance... then it won;t matter that Buffalo has the better offer. Ours might be the best among the teams Nash is willing to waive to go to.

I mean, that right there, cuts down the number of teams running for Nash by at least 2/3rds. It's why we got garbage value for Heatley, and why it might drive Nash's price down in this case.

Just food for thought.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Ouroboros

Zibanejad, Foligno and Bishop is a strong offer for Nash, and Columbus will be hard pressed to extract better value from another team. Likely the only issue with this sort of framework is that it may be too "futures" oriented for a deal where you're shipping out the face of your franchise.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:33 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Zibanejad, Foligno and Bishop is a strong offer for Nash, and Columbus will be hard pressed to extract better value from another team. Likely the only issue with this sort of framework is that it may be too "futures" oriented for a deal where you're shipping out the face of your franchise.
Eh, 2 out of 3 of the players we'd send them in that deal would be a top-6 winger (and on that team, possibly top-3), and what would be their starting goalie.

But yeah, maybe they don't want to wait for Zibanejad? I can;t imagine why, though: that team should be getting as many "future" pieces as they can.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:35 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
The one thing I want to add tot this, or at least make mention of, is that IF this Brennan offer has base in reality (an iffy proposition), we might be helped by the fact that Nash has a full NTC. If Nash agrees to waive to come here, but not to... oh, I don't know... Buffalo, for instance... then it won;t matter that Buffalo has the better offer. Ours might be the best among the teams Nash is willing to waive to go to.

I mean, that right there, cuts down the number of teams running for Nash by at least 2/3rds. It's why we got garbage value for Heatley, and why it might drive Nash's price down in this case.

Just food for thought.
It works both ways, though. Perhaps we throw gold at Howson and Nash doesn't feel that Ottawa's a big enough market to play in and holds out for another team.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:36 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Ryan is a guy I would consider trading Zibby for. He's not a fake power forward like Nash.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Legend Killer

I can see Murray agreeing to terms with the Jackets. Nash not agreeing to waive his NTC to come here. The names of our players being involved leaked out to the media and them being unhappy and ask to be dealt. Murray will have to sell low(Heatley)

Sens fans will then Boo Nash when he comes to town.

Kidding

Old
06-19-2012, 05:43 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
It works both ways, though. Perhaps we throw gold at Howson and Nash doesn't feel that Ottawa's a big enough market to play in and holds out for another team.
Oh, absolutely.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:51 PM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Ryan is a guy I would consider trading Zibby for. He's not a fake power forward like Nash.
Now you're sounding like you have something against Nash the person and not Nash the player.

Some people need to remember that we will still be drafting top talent, starting this year if we don't include our first as suggested. I'm more worried about keepiing our scouting staff in tact so that we continue to have these opportunities in the future.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:53 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:

Old
06-19-2012, 05:54 PM
TSA0402

If all it takes it Zibanejad, Foligno and Bishop to get Nash, I'd do that 10 times out of ten.

I'm more curious what Nash could do with Turris than Spezza.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 767
Nash's contract along with his numbers over the years worries me. He's been going nowhere but down.

Would I want him on the team? Yes, but I don't want to make a risky trade like that. He won't make us a contender until we get respectable defense, which is easier said than done.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

No thanks.

Gawd, Nash will become our next whipping boy with that contract of his. We just don't need another forward right now. We need defence.

Old
06-19-2012, 06:04 PM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
No thanks.

Gawd, Nash will become our next whipping boy with that contract of his. We just don't need another forward right now. We need defence.
Patience. I have no doubt that Bryan Murray will make a move on "d" as well.

In terms of the size of the contract...what would your on-ice expectations for him be? ...I'm looking for 80-90 points, +15 or so while being one of the many leaders on this team helping to shelter and coach our young kids. Nothing more and all achievable imo.

Old
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
I wouldn't move Zibanejad in a package for anyone.
What the hell has he done to earn untouchable status? I'd give him up in a second in that weak, weak package for Nash.

Closed Thread