HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kirill Koltsov Trade Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2004, 02:07 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

vCash: 500
Kirill Koltsov Trade Proposals Thread

Borrowing from membleypeg's thread, let's try to make some deals involving Kirill Koltsov.

To Carolina: Kirill Koltsov + 2nd
To Vancouver: Brad Fast

Koltsov would likely be able to make the jump to the NHL quicker given the lower-depth defense of Carolina. Vancouver gets a reliable blue-chip prospect.

Old
12-30-2004, 02:11 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Borrowing from membleypeg's thread, let's try to make some deals involving Kirill Koltsov.

To Carolina: Kirill Koltsov + 2nd
To Vancouver: Brad Fast

Koltsov would likely be able to make the jump to the NHL quicker given the lower-depth defense of Carolina. Vancouver gets a reliable blue-chip prospect.
not a bad offer, i would have said carolina has fast penciled in for a spot for now, and kolstov seems more like later, and the canes need d now...but its a fair offer. having said that, fast has had trouble getting playing time this season, or he's hurt and i dont know about it. he may not be worth the 2nd rounder added in from your end, if hes having trouble fitting in, it may work straight up. i like fast so i dont want him to go, and ive never seen koltsov - so i wouldnt want to do it, but its not an unreasonable offer based on what ive read about koltsov.

so i disagree with your arguement that kolstov makes it quicker, cuz fast was pretty much already in the nhl this season.

Old
12-30-2004, 02:16 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

I should have been more precise. I meant that Koltsov would make Carolina's defense faster than he'd make Vancouver's.

Old
12-30-2004, 02:29 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
I should have been more precise. I meant that Koltsov would make Carolina's defense faster than he'd make Vancouver's.
my bad... i should read better . its still a fair offer, tho i dont think the canes should make a habit of taking other teams issues for them. i think we did enough of that with brendl.

Old
12-30-2004, 02:33 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Wouldn't do that from a Nucks prospective.

2nd rounder and a good prospect could fetch a better return than that.

Old
12-30-2004, 02:45 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
Wouldn't do that from a Nucks prospective.

2nd rounder and a good prospect could fetch a better return than that.
Usually when there is a widely known feud between a player and management (RJ Umberger, for example) then his trade value plummets. Skill alone, I'd rather have him than Fast, but we have to be realistic in what we can get, when the whole league knows of the battle.

Old
12-30-2004, 02:54 AM
BAuldie

Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Usually when there is a widely known feud between a player and management (RJ Umberger, for example) then his trade value plummets. Skill alone, I'd rather have him than Fast, but we have to be realistic in what we can get, when the whole league knows of the battle.
Another good example would be what Calgary got for Marc Savard.. I'd be extremely pleased if we could just get a 2nd rounder back for Kirill but that may be out of the question.

Old
12-30-2004, 02:58 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
There isn't a feud. Koltsov wants to go home. He would want to go home wherever he played. I don't see how trading him solves anything. The Canucks just have to patient and see what transpires.

Old
12-30-2004, 03:01 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
There isn't a feud. Koltsov wants to go home. He would want to go home wherever he played. I don't see how trading him solves anything. The Canucks just have to patient and see what transpires.
There has already been much feuding over his work ethic and focus in the game, and now he leaves for Russia in the valley of a slump and in the wake of NHL labour disputes. There's got to be more to this than what the newspapers tell you.

Old
12-30-2004, 03:03 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
There has already been much feuding over his work ethic and focus in the game, and now he leaves for Russia in the valley of a slump and in the wake of NHL labour disputes. There's got to be more to this than what the newspapers tell you.
If we trade Koltsov, we get a pick back, or whatever. I wouldn't want the Canucks to trade the 2nd rounder. It is too valuable of a pick. Again, I see no point of dealing Koltsov. I believe what I read/see/hear, until I am proven otherwise.

Old
12-30-2004, 03:19 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Fair enough. Another thing is that you usually get more positive feedback for a proposal thread if the deal is lopsided in the favor of the team that you don't cheer for

Old
12-30-2004, 03:22 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Fair enough. Another thing is that you usually get more positive feedback for a proposal thread if the deal is lopsided in the favor of the team that you don't cheer for

Old
12-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Gwyddbwyll

I dont see why the 2nd is in there. Is Fast even worth a 2nd alone?

Old
12-30-2004, 08:50 AM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

vCash: 1236
Quote:
There has been no feuding over his work ethic and focus in the game. From the games I've seen in the past season and a half that guy works his ass off most nights. Everyone has an off night, we're all human. He is more than likely homesick because Winnipeg is so much like Russia... especially in the winter. For all we know, he may only want to go home for Christmas (which for orthadox russians/ukrainians is January 6th and 7th).

Old
12-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Larionov Fan

If other teams won't even give a 2nd for him strait up, then forget about even thinking about dealing him. Koltsov is a very good player, and let's not get silly and just dump him like that.

Old
12-30-2004, 04:27 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHunter
There has been no feuding over his work ethic and focus in the game. From the games I've seen in the past season and a half that guy works his ass off most nights. Everyone has an off night, we're all human. He is more than likely homesick because Winnipeg is so much like Russia... especially in the winter. For all we know, he may only want to go home for Christmas (which for orthadox russians/ukrainians is January 6th and 7th).
It's definitely been a problem in past years. Not only on the ice, but he's physically unconditioned as well. From the games I've seen this year, he floats both offensively and defensively. He may have improved since the beginning couple months of the AHL season, but I wouldn't know.

Old
12-30-2004, 08:38 PM
clefty
What?

What do you want from Pittsburgh? Just making an enquiry...

Old
12-30-2004, 08:40 PM
FlyersFan10*

The big problem is that he's still a kid. Before anyone talks about dealing and that kind of stuff, how about letting the boy become a man first. He probably doesn't have any family over here and that he's probably on his own for the first time in a foreign land is something that is probably still overwhelming. After all, the kid's what 20 - 21? Give him time. Let him mature a little. And you can bet that he's probably disappointed with the strike because he feels that he can play in the NHL. And heaven forbid you have a prospect who feels that he's good enough to play in the NHL. It's like your chastizing him because he wants to play in the league and against the best. Good for Koltsov for wanting more than what he's got. I wish more prospects had his confidence in their ability.

Old
01-02-2005, 01:47 AM
deathbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
i want malkin.

...well you asked who i wanted, and i'm telling you!

Old
01-02-2005, 03:20 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
And you can bet that he's probably disappointed with the strike because he feels that he can play in the NHL.
Lockout

Old
01-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
How about Koltsov, Matt Cooke & the Canuck's 1st round pick in 2005 for Pittsburgh's 2005 1st round pick?

Old
01-03-2005, 06:36 PM
clefty
What?

No.

The Penguins first rounder is pretty much off limits unless they can still pick in the top 6.

Old
01-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
No.

The Penguins first rounder is pretty much off limits unless they can still pick in the top 6.
Well, except for a top 5 pick, Matt Cooke's name wouldn't be mentioned either.

Old
01-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman

What ever! Cook will not get you that high in the draft on a crosby year. If you seriosly want to get pitts pick i would say you would have to include a couple of 1st rounders and Allen as well as cook to get a chance at pitts pick and even then i bet that wouldn't get it done

Old
01-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman

As for Koltsov, Ron Hainsey?

Closed Thread