HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kirill Koltsov Trade Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2005, 05:09 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
^I have to disagree on the subject of King's foot speed. I think lack of speed and physicality are his two biggest flaws, and I don't think you can compare his speed at all with the likes of Afinogenov and Kariya. Afinogenov's speed has been compared to Pavel Bure's in his prime, and Kariya is just a darty little player. King is on nowhere near the same level of these two in terms of speed, and to suggest he is is just false, IMHO.

As for someone remarking on the Geoff Sanderson experiment in Vancouver, I personally thought he was very good here. Granted he wasn't all that great in the playoffs, but that's more because of physical softness than anything else. But Sanderson's speed was a huge factor in some games. I remember distinctly three instances; in a 4-3 OT win over Edmonton, Sanderson teamed with Naslund for a give-and-go 2-on-1 winner. Then, in a 3-2 OT win over Dallas, the Canucks were trailing 2-1 in the third. Sanderson blazed away from everyone behind him and scored a clutch goal to tie the game, setting up Brendan Morrison's OT winner. And in Game 6 against Calgary, Sanderson left two Flames defenders behind in his wake to fire a shot past Miika Kiprusoff.

Sanderson left a lot to be desired physically, but his breakaway speed gave the Canucks many more options, because we don't have many--if any--lightning quick skaters like that. We have strong skaters like Jovanovski, and the up-and-coming Kesler, but I don't think any of the Canucks posess that kind of breakaway speed that can create chances the way that Sanderson did in his limited time with the Canucks. Guys like Morrison and Cooke are fast, but not that quick.

This is why I think Afinogenov would be a good pickup for the Canucks. He's already shown he can pot 20 goals at the NHL level, and that's playing for Buffalo, a team which doesn't exactly play the wide-open style that Vancouver does. His speed would be a great asset here, and as most of his goals come off the rush, I don't think that would be to big of a hinderance.

~Canucklehead~
afinogenov might be a good fit for the canucks, but he wont be a good fit for the sedins.

Old
01-08-2005, 05:15 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKarateMonkey
afinogenov might be a good fit for the canucks, but he wont be a good fit for the sedins.
Afinogenov is only useful in a top six role, and the only slot we have open is the slot to the right of the Sedins. We have no use for him. From Buffalo, we'd sure like to try out JP Dumont, though.

Old
01-10-2005, 07:18 PM
JonathanTwinkleToews
is a Canuck fan.

vCash: 500
I can see the Canucks packaging Koltsov + 2005 1st rounder+late round pick (6 or 7, etc.) to move up in the draft. Lets say the Canucks are at the same draft position as 2004 for that 1st rounder (26th), does anyone see the Canucks possibly obtaining pick around 10-15th overall?

Closed Thread