Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Harding (3 years, $1.9M Cap Hit)

Old
06-19-2012, 07:55 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 500
Pretty funny how many think Backs is on his way out before the season even starts. Not happening.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Pretty funny how many think Backs is on his way out before the season even starts. Not happening.
Exactly.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:01 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
Quote:
I agree....but depending on where this team is at come February, I could see him shipped out at the deadline.

MuckOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:03 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I agree....but depending on where this team is at come February, I could see him shipped out at the deadline.
i know you are not addressing I. I meant he wasn't going to be re-signed, which was what i was hoping for. Harding gone, Backs on a short, cheaper contract while the team kicked the tires on Hackett to see if he could make it.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Now I'm not sure the details of Backs' NTC, and have no clue if Harding has one. Forgive me, but I haven't had time yet to read this whole thread or any details beyond the length and price of Harding's contract. But it could be pretty interesting next trade deadline with both of these guys. Am I happy about today's signing? Meh. It's okay. I wanted to see Harding get the chance to start somewhere, but apparently he's a loyal guy. This is Back's last season on the contract, so that means he'll be an All-Star. He's always rock solid during that final year. So if both guys play well, and considering how low Hard's price tag is, we may be able to get something nice in return next February.

Of course, we could also get stuck with two crease monkeys who suck and are injured next February too. A lot of money to plop down on two guys, but whatever. They'll have the dough after losing Parise and Suter anyway.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:07 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i know you are not addressing I. I meant he wasn't going to be re-signed, which was what i was hoping for. Harding gone, Backs on a short, cheaper contract while the team kicked the tires on Hackett to see if he could make it.
I wasn't addressing you. My apologies if it seemed like it. Haven't even read the whole thread yet, so I'm a little behind in what's going on. Was reading some stuff in the free agent forum which was where my comments were directed.

Quote:
Oh for sure. Unless this team is doing so well that we don't want to change anything, I would put a 75% chance that one goalie is gone at the deadline. Zero chance that Backs is moved before the season starts though.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:10 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Is it possible that Trader Chuck might have something up his sleeve this Friday that involves Hackett and THAT is why Harding got the 3 year deal?

Old
06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD View Post
http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...-deal-why.html

So now Harding is going to make more than Tomas Vokoun did last year and Vokoun is a proven #1 goaltender? Uh, ok... Sounds like Latendresse is coming back too, he more or less tweeted as much when he mentioned Harding's re-signing. Enjoy!
I pray that Lats gets a one year reasonably low deal. If he gets another concussion, look out. I don't know what Fletcher's plan is, but he sure as hell better have a back up plan in place for if Butch and Lats go down. But I'd rather have Lats than Butch.

Quote:
Is it possible that Trader Chuck might have something up his sleeve this Friday that involves Hackett and THAT is why Harding got the 3 year deal?

Let's face it, goaltending is the one area this organization is deep in and maybe Fletcher is looking to use that to his advantage....
I'll picket in front of the Wild offices if he moves Hackett. That'd be one of the dumbest moves ever!

Old
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
i had that thought too, but I dismissed it because I don't think the goalie market is strong enough right now to get us anything that'd be worth it if Hackett ends up being a bonified starter. I suppose he could be claimed as a necessary part of a package, though (like Coyle was)...intriguing

edit: for instance, if Eddy feels they're not "there" yet, they really need some goaltending and a young guy like Hacks would be perfect. They have a bunch of young forwards they could deal.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:19 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:

I'll picket in front of the Wild offices if he moves Hackett. That'd be one of the dumbest moves ever!
Depends on the return....What did you think of the Burns trade when it went down? What do you think of it now after a full year has passed?

Just throwing it out there...but given Chuck's history of making the bold move, I wouldn't discount the possibility of him taking advantage of our depth of goaltending prospects.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Caior89

Nice to see Hards back! Hopefully he can take the reins next season.

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:27 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Depends on the return....What did you think of the Burns trade when it went down? What do you think of it now after a full year has passed?

Just throwing it out there...but given Chuck's history of making the bold move, I wouldn't discount the possibility of him taking advantage of our depth of goaltending prospects.
I was worried about our defense when Burns was moved, but I wasn't upset at the trade mostly because Burns wasn't the same player anymore. He was more of a liability than help out there. Plus, I was a fan of Seto. Trade didn't really bother me then, and I'm beyond happy with it now.

The thing is, we knew the kind of player that Burns was. He was in the league long enough. We've only seen a couple of flashes of what Hackett can be, and I was impressed. I want to see what he can do given the chance. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think losing him could come back and bite us BIG TIME. Backs won't be here long, and Hards isn't a young pup who's a constant winner.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Sportsfan1

Hackett for Bobby Ryan? Still no way the Wild trades Hackett, he WILL be the starter in two years, and then paying 1.9 aav for a backup isn't too bad, so i don't mind the deal. If Harding somehow shocks us and turns himself into a #1 and stays healthy it's a steal.

Personally this just means Backs is gone by February or next July at the latest, and i'm thrilled about that.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:31 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

I just want something for Backs. He's one player that we shouldn't let walk away for free. And if he plays like he normally does on the final year of a contract, we should be able to get a decent pick for him.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
I just want something for Backs. He's one player that we shouldn't let walk away for free. And if he plays like he normally does on the final year of a contract, we should be able to get a decent pick for him.
Exactly...if the Wild are out of contention, my guess is that he could be the top goalie available at the deadline. His cap hit for the team taking him on would be very small and they wouldn't be burdened with any sort of future contract, either.

Remember, we got a 1st round pick for Roloson a few years back at the deadline.......just sayin'.....

Old
06-19-2012, 08:39 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Exactly...if the Wild are out of contention, my guess is that he could be the top goalie available at the deadline. His cap hit for the team taking him on would be very small and they wouldn't be burdened with any sort of future contract, either.

Remember, we got a 1st round pick for Roloson a few years back at the deadline.......just sayin'.....
Still don't understand how we got a 1st for Roli. Silly Oilers. But you're right. Backs could be a very good piece to move if this team is either struggling or doesn't think it'll get the chance to re-sign him.

Backs > Roli

Old
06-19-2012, 08:45 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:

Then: Was saddened at how bare the defense was in that unless Fletcher addressed it in free agency (future note: he didn't) no one could bring the puck out of their own zone. However I loved the trade. Liked Seto, big Coyle fan and was very happy with the Phillips pick because there was a mix of short and long-term. Didn't think the team was going as good as it was anyways and follow prospects more than most so that could just be me.

Now: Still a fan of the trade although miss Burns' play.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD View Post
http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...-deal-why.html

So now Harding is going to make more than Tomas Vokoun did last year and Vokoun is a proven #1 goaltender? Uh, ok... Sounds like Latendresse is coming back too, he more or less tweeted as much when he mentioned Harding's re-signing. Enjoy!
Vokoun lost his job to Holtby last year and Washington wanted nothing to do with him anymore.
Quote:
Harding would have gotten much more if he tested the FA market.

That's a perfect example of loyalty right there IMO.
Hope you're saying that if Parise re-signs in New Jersey.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
His allegiance lies with Minnesota. -J.P. i think

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
It most likely won't happen..

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
It most likely won't happen..
Obviously, cuz he's signing in Florida.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:55 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

detroit is issuing free agents lottery numbers, and those that don't win will have to start taking offers from other teams.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorious secret View Post
obviously, cuz he's signing in detroit.
fify. :p

Old
06-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Still don't understand how we got a 1st for Roli. Silly Oilers. But you're right. Backs could be a very good piece to move if this team is either struggling or doesn't think it'll get the chance to re-sign him.

Backs > Roli
I dunno, I think Madman Rol,i standing on his head, like he did for the Oilers, and for Tampa Bay when they went to the Conference Finals a year ago, is a pretty damned good goalie.

I'd say the Oilers got their money worth. I was REALLY bummed when he left that series injured and they never recovered I really wanted a cup for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
detroit is issuing free agents lottery numbers, and those that don't win will have to start taking offers from other teams.
This is almost as funny as that suter/detroit thread.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:10 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I dunno, I think Madman Rol,i standing on his head, like he did for the Oilers, and for Tampa Bay when they went to the Conference Finals a year ago, is a pretty damned good goalie.

I'd say the Oilers got their money worth. I was REALLY bummed when he left that series injured and they never recovered I really wanted a cup for him.
Good thing we didn't know each other then, because the fur would have been flying. I was all about the Hurricanes. Loved the Oilers leaving empty handed. Wasn't a major Roli fan.