HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2012 NHL Mock Draft (Top 10)

Old
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
BigWilly

vCash: 100
2012 NHL Mock Draft (Top 10)

I thought I'd throw my top 10 together, as far as rankings and how I think they will fall.

Mock top 10:

Edmonton: Nail Yakupov
I don't even need to explain this choice, it's absolutely a given.

Columbus: Filip Forsberg
A large possible NHL power forward with a similar style to Corey Perry. He can score, he plays a dynamic two way game, and is fairly large. This pick addresses a positional need, as the Jackets are fairly weak along the wings, and need some talent there on their top line. (If Nash is traded especially)

Montreal: Alex Galchenyuk
I hear a lot that it is considered by scouts that Galchenyuk's upside is as large as the consensus no.1 Nail Yakupov. Galchenyuk isn't physical, isn't overly large, and has had injury trouble's early on in his career; but if all goes well for the shifty Sarnia Sting forward, I have little doubt he can be a franchise centreman.

New York: Ryan Murray
Ryan Murray is a guy that I don't know a huge amount about. I do know he is considered the no.1 defense in the draft, and the isles need them some defense! From what I gather, his style seems similar to a more solid Wade Redden.

Toronto: Griffen Reinhart
I have always liked Reinhart because I think he brings a 2 - way game that not many defenseman in this draft posses. His style of play would translate well at the NHL level, and he has the frame to be a difference maker. When assessing what would happen here, I asked myself if Burke would draft Girgorenko at 5th? The answer was no. I asked myself if Burke would draft Teuvo Terravainnen? I think not. Both talented, perimeter forwards that go against what Burke wants out of his players. The player I think that you could also insert here would be Matt Dumba

Anaheim: Matt Dumba
Dumba is a guy that oozes talent and determination, but I just don't see his game translating well into the NHL. I think he is a smaller Dion Phaneuf. For that reason I see Dumba landing more around 6th or 7th pick. The Ducks also lack defensive prospects(With Schultz leaving) and could use an A defenseman in their system.

Minnesota: Teuvo Terravainen
TT has exploded up the rankings for a good reason, he is an offensive phenom. I have also heard his offensive upside can be compared to the best in the draft, if it weren't for his small stature and lack of physical play. I think he is a good pick for this team as the address scoring issues, as well as the growing amount of Finnish players could create serious chemsitry. (TT, Granlund, Koivu)

Carolina:Morgan Rielly
Rielly is one of the more talented puck moving defenseman to come along in recent years. I think his style will certainly come along well at the NHL level, and even though the hurricanes are pretty packed with defensive prospects, an eventual top pairing of he and Justin Faulk could look pretty nice on the powerplay.

Winnipeg: Mikhail Grigorenko
Even though lots of teams probably have massive doubts about Grigorenko, (his ethic, helath and commitment to the NHL)I think he is way too talented to pass on at this point.The Jets pick one of the most talented forwards in the draft with the 9th overall pick, and take a risk on a Malkin - lite?

Tampa Bay: Jacob Trouba
Trouba is a fiesty 2 way defender, and is a perfect fit for Tampa positionally. They need A defensive prospects right now, and he is a beauty pick at no.10. They need a young puck moving stud to play with Hedman, Trouba could be the guy.

Power Rankings:
1. Nail Yakupov
2. Filip Forsberg
3. Alex Galchenyuk
4. Mikhail Grigorenko
5. Ryan Murray
6. Teuvo Terravainnen
7. Morgan Rielly
8. Griffen Reinhart
9. Matt Dumba
10. Jacob Trouba

Thought I'd squeeze it in before Bobby Mac, aha it was fun!

BigWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:34 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
No idea why the Ducks pass on Grigorenko when they need a second line center.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:13 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 100
Not exactly jumping for joy on the Reinhart pick either. While it's possible to pass on Grigorenko, I can't say he will definitely. With the great need to fill that #1 center hole can't just let him slip past the Leafs without saying anything. Regardless wouldn't take Reinhart. If the Leafs have to go D I'd go ahead and take Rielly. Get speed and skill with the #5 pick.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
I'd love to take a chance on a high end guy like grigorenko. He's risky but he could potentially fill the Jets number one roster need. The hardest one to fill in the league at that.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:32 PM
IslandersFan17

vCash: 500
More and more mocks have Grigs falling and honestly if Murray is not there the Islanders will most likely snag the kid. There is a chance Reinhart will be a possibility but the Islanders do not have a top tier second line pivot in their prospect pool.

Strome will most likely play wing and Nelson is not a second line center type (more of a third line center possibly a second line winger)...

That leaves a hole that needs to be filled and you can never be too strong down the middle of the ice.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Jester9881

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
No idea why the Ducks pass on Grigorenko when they need a second line center.
How often do teams draft based on current need? I imagine all 30 teams make a list of whom they deem the best players, regardless of position. When it's their turn at the podium, they pick the highest name left on their list, regardless of position. It's all about BPA

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote