Bobby Ryan on the block?

Old
06-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKuato View Post
Spooner or Knight and the #24 pick something like that?
You really think Spooner and a 24th overall is going to land you Bobby Ryan?

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
well, that is who they would want- got to give to get

I'm not sure how I feel about this which probably means its a pretty fair deal give or take some tweaking

I love it when Chiarelli adds these NMC and NTC so it will eliminate guys like Krejci from deal in about 10 days
Artemis hack your account?

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKuato View Post
Spooner or Knight and the #24 pick something like that?
Something about 2-3x that.

If Anaheim wants prospects it'd be Hamilton or nothing. You don't trade a young, proven scorer for wildcards like Spooner or Knight and late first rounders. If it's a roster move it'd be Lucic or Krejci, and if prospects Hamilton. So I don't see the Bruins getting into this.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Only thing is, you don't run the team.

I'm no fanboy, but I believe the Boston FO values Krejci way more than the people on this board do. They may be wrong, but they see a helluva lot more of him than you or I do (not to mention the guy he would be traded for).

Gotta think if they are not pulling the trigger, there must be valid reasons that don't include not wanting to see the fanboys cry?

Too much logic in one post?
They are. Way too many red flags if you ask me...

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:37 AM
BadBruins

Quote:
well, that is who they would want- got to give to get

I'm not sure how I feel about this which probably means its a pretty fair deal give or take some tweaking

I love it when Chiarelli adds these NMC and NTC so it will eliminate guys like Krejci from deal in about 10 days
Why would the Ducks trade a 30/30 PF winger for another 30/30 PF winger? Slightly different players, but the very definition of a lateral exchange (at best). That'd be like the Bruins looking to move David Krejci and demanding Stephen Weiss in return.

BadBruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:41 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

From perusing the trade board, it looks like they want a #2 center and at least another NHL-ready player. But they don't want to take back a lot of salary. They feel too much money is tied up in their "Big Three" and Ryan is the most expendable. If this is true, I think it will be hard for them to get a return they like. A #2 center on most teams will probably not have a contract that will work. I don't think Krejci is what they want, and I'd just as soon keep him anyway.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

I think we should go in strong and offer the rights to Carl Soderberg Koko, and Pouliot. Really make a statement that we're serious...

If the Ducks are going to move a player of Ryan's caliber, it's not going to be for spare parts or a couple of nickels. It will be for top tier prospects like Hamilton. I would love Ryan here, but I don't see ANA doing the move for current roster players like DK and some prospects.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
From perusing the trade board, it looks like they want a #2 center and at least another NHL-ready player. But they don't want to take back a lot of salary. They feel too much money is tied up in their "Big Three" and Ryan is the most expendable. If this is true, I think it will be hard for them to get a return they like. A #2 center on most teams will probably not have a contract that will work. I don't think Krejci is what they want, and I'd just as soon keep him anyway.
How can you trade for a proven #2 centerman without taking salary back??? A #2 centerman will cost, at least, 3.5 per.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:01 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
How can you trade for a proven #2 centerman without taking salary back??? A #2 centerman will cost, at least, 3.5 per.
Exactly what I'm wondering. It doesn't make sense. They're probably looking for guys on entry contracts (totally guessing here) but no teams wants to give up guys like that (who are actually GOOD) in a cap league.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Shaun

Quote:
Anaheim does this they will want Lucic. They need some size on the wing.

Krejci no trade kicks in next week and he can't go to Ducks but Looch is fair game
don't worry it doesn't kick in until 7/1/13 theres still time.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:24 AM
00BW

Bruins don't need him so don't break up the team for him.

If Krejci straight up or Krejci + low prospect (Bartkowski) is not enough, pass on acquiring him.

I guess a risk/reward trade that might make sense would be Krejci + Horton for Ryan. If Horton comes back with no issues for years, Ducks make out. If he has more concussion issues and Ryan stays healthy, Bruins make out.

00BW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Anaheim does this they will want Lucic. They need some size on the wing.

Krejci no trade kicks in next week and he can't go to Ducks but Looch is fair game
Not only would they not get Lucic from the Bruins, but they wouldn't get Lucic from any other team either.

IF they need to trade Bobby Ryan, they will take the best offer they get for him. It won't be demands from certain teams - it will be a bidding war. They're not going to profit. They're not going to get their ideal (their ideal would be keeping Bobby Ryan, presumably)...
They'll get what they're gonna get.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Curls13

I'm all set with leaving Ryan be at the prices being thrown around here. He's a product of who he plays with. (overrated, cough, cough) I do understand some peoples frustratation with Krejci's inconsistency, but you'd be getting more of the same if not more of that in Ryan. Spooner & Knight go no where if the Bruins FO is smart. I would think they'd want to get a better idea of what they have in these 2 before making any decisions on them. It could be that they make one or more current roster guys expendable quite soon. Then you make your move. Roast away. ; )

Curls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:27 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Artemis hack your account?
no, I just like it when topics are eliminated- and in 14 days Nash will be traded, Parise likely resigned, Sutter gone to Wings, Krejci clause kicks in, and Thomas moved.

There will be little left to do but relax and get ready for Traning Camp in mid September

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:27 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Not only would they not get Lucic from the Bruins, but they wouldn't get Lucic from any other team either.

IF they need to trade Bobby Ryan, they will take the best offer they get for him. It won't be demands from certain teams - it will be a bidding war. They're not going to profit. They're not going to get their ideal (their ideal would be keeping Bobby Ryan, presumably)...
They'll get what they're gonna get.
ummm....ok

Old
06-20-2012, 12:29 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
don't worry it doesn't kick in until 7/1/13 theres still time.
are you serious

between Tim Thomas worrying about he end of the world, economic strife, and big government, I have to wait out Krejci deal to kick in....

please tell me you are sear-e-us

Old
06-20-2012, 12:29 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
no, I just like it when topics are eliminated- and in 14 days Nash will be traded, Parise likely resigned, Sutter gone to Wings, Krejci clause kicks in, and Thomas moved.

There will be little left to do but relax and get ready for Traning Camp in mid September
Sweet serenity

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:30 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
Not saying I want to do that deal, but I don't understand your statement. You said that they theoretically want a #2 center. Why would they not want Krejci then He is at worst a #2 center, and signed to a great contract.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:32 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Sweet serenity
I was buying a bunch of stuff at the health food store and on the counter are some pills called 'calm drops'....I asked my bud what this is all about and he said they are big sellers and supposedly work

I laughed but after finding out Krejci no trade goes to next year I've just called and placed an order

Old
06-20-2012, 12:36 PM
rainone99

I don't see any other teams out there willing to trade their top centerman, do you? Anaheim has Getzlaf and that's it. Their depth down the middle is extremely weak. They can pick up a capable winger off the market, but not a number 1 or 1a centerman.

Krejci is enough to get the deal cone, if they want something else throw in Pouliot who is a RFA and I don't think Boston will want to resign.

Getting Ryan, pushes Seguin to center with Ryan and Marchand and putting Horton with Lucic and Bergy would be my second line. I would not split up Seguin and Marchand neither would I split up Lucic with Horton.

rainone99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:38 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
I was buying a bunch of stuff at the health food store and on the counter are some pills called 'calm drops'....I asked my bud what this is all about and he said they are big sellers and supposedly work

I laughed but after finding out Krejci no trade goes to next year I've just called and placed an order
Do they give a bulk discount? I think this whole board needs them. Maybe they'll even give us a loyal customer discount since we'd need them restocked every 3 months

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
ummm....ok
Think of it like this.

Two offers.

1) Ryan traded for Lucic.

2) Ryan traded for Lucic and a first.

Proposal 1
Why does Anaheim make this deal?
If they're looking to trade off from an area of strength for one of weakness, this offer doesn't accomplish that. If they're looking to potentially GAIN something from possible future assets, this deal doesn't accomplish THAT. They'd be trading Ryan for an at best, debatable comparable - and at worst... marginal downgrade at wing. That trade just doesn't make sense for them.

Proposal 2
Why does Boston make this deal?
They'd be trading fan favorite Milan Lucic AND divvying a first round pick... For a guy who is at best, a marginal upgrade - and at worst... a debatable comparable.

Neither deal makes sense.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Bobby Ryan didn't win the cup in 2011. He has no place on this team.
Winner.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:54 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
Not saying I want to do that deal, but I don't understand your statement. You said that they theoretically want a #2 center. Why would they not want Krejci then He is at worst a #2 center, and signed to a great contract.
Mainly because they have about the same cap hit, in the $5 million range. That would defeat the whole purpose of dealing him for a center and other players.

I agree that Krejci has a good contract. I would like him to stay.

Old
06-20-2012, 01:57 PM
McKuato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You really think Spooner and a 24th overall is going to land you Bobby Ryan?
No was just going by the fact they didnt want salary coming back.
I don't even understand why they'd trade Ryan to begin with.

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote