Notices

Bobby Ryan on the block?

Old
06-20-2012, 12:59 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Indeed, yet nothing will EVER come close to looking as ridiculous as those lovely young ladies with tats securely positioned above their deriere when they hit that age where Tapioca pudding/Jello is a staple of their diets

My sis has one there (from all she tells me) and I never let her forget it
I got one there when I was 15 before it became the place for girls to get tats (uhh maybe it already was tho.) It was only a sun but might as well have been a fairy or a unicorn considering the location. Yes it has long since been lazered off (right after I sold my books after freshman year of college I did it...not somethng you want to bring to a summer job as a lifeguard.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:34 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainone99 View Post
I don't see any other teams out there willing to trade their top centerman, do you? Anaheim has Getzlaf and that's it. Their depth down the middle is extremely weak. They can pick up a capable winger off the market, but not a number 1 or 1a centerman.

Krejci is enough to get the deal cone, if they want something else throw in Pouliot who is a RFA and I don't think Boston will want to resign.

Getting Ryan, pushes Seguin to center with Ryan and Marchand and putting Horton with Lucic and Bergy would be my second line. I would not split up Seguin and Marchand neither would I split up Lucic with Horton.
Disagree with both those lines. Marchand did'nt look good without Bergy last year. A Ryan, and Horton line would be light year's ahead of a Lucic Horton line. Seguin makes everyone better so of course Marchand looked good with him.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:40 PM
KOHitter87

To me the balls' in Peter Chiarelli court if he offer's krejci with spooner no way Aninhem turn's that down. I really hope he relizes they need a upgrade on there top line Lucic, and Krejci are not first line player's. Please dont give me they won the cup crap they won the cup because the goalie was out of the world, and lucky bounces. Lucic has to be the most overrated boston athlete.

Old
06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
Disagree with both those lines. Marchand did'nt look good without Bergy last year. A Ryan, and Horton line would be light year's ahead of a Lucic Horton line. Seguin makes everyone better so of course Marchand looked good with him.
Ryan/Bergeron/Horton and Ryan/Seguin/Horton would be a line with three righty's and that just ain't gonna happen.

Bruins71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
To me the balls' in Peter Chiarelli court if he offer's krejci with spooner no way Aninhem turn's that down. I really hope he relizes they need a upgrade on there top line Lucic, and Krejci are not first line player's. Please dont give me they won the cup crap they won the cup because the goalie was out of the world, and lucky bounces. Lucic has to be the most overrated boston athlete.

Right now...

I don't think so in Boston or at least this board his age alone is enough for him to be held in high regard. If he is overrated its outside of Boston where the rest of the NHL seem to all want to find the next Lucic.

Next year... we could be in a bad spot either way.

If he has another playoff no show than you need to take a step back and realize that you got more out of him in the playoffs when it really mattered before his 12 mil contract before he became a first line 30 goal guy. BUT if he has a monster playoffs (with about 30 regular season goals) he immediately morphs into the most overpaid overrated player on the planet because he will ask for (and get) 6-7 mil a year maybe more if someone throws an offer sheet.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:11 PM
McKuato

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Right now...

I don't think so in Boston or at least this board his age alone is enough for him to be held in high regard. If he is overrated its outside of Boston where the rest of the NHL seem to all want to find the next Lucic.

Next year... we could be in a bad spot either way.

If he has another playoff no show than you need to take a step back and realize that you got more out of him in the playoffs when it really mattered before his 12 mil contract before he became a first line 30 goal guy. BUT if he has a monster playoffs (with about 30 regular season goals) he immediately morphs into the most overpaid overrated player on the planet because he will ask for (and get) 6-7 mil a year maybe more if someone throws an offer sheet.
Don't think he's overrated so much as targeted by the league and therefore told to not play his game.
If they took the governor off him he'd be the Lucic we know and love, but Marchand and Lucic got targeted with extreme predjudice last year due to excessive whining by other owners to Mr. Shanahan.
If he goes to play his game this year and the same thing happens, then he's no longer as valuable a commodity because the league will have prevented him two years in a row from being the player he is or should be, and Chia would have to think they will do so going forward and therefore with the X factor Lucic brings nuetralized, how much do you pay for the other parts of his game?
Should be an interesting and important season for him.

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Spooner, Boston 24th overall 2012, 1st round pick 2013.
2013 is a deep draft I want our 1st

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Bobby Ryan and Rick Nash linked. Same teams in on both, so, if one goes, the other may move soon after.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:34 AM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Bobby Ryan and Rick Nash linked. Same teams in on both, so, if one goes, the other may move soon after.
Dominoes

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Dominoes
yep as soon as some loser pays waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for Nash I hope the Bruins sweep in and get Ryan.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:40 AM
MattFromFranklin
Fire Chiarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
yep as soon as some loser pays waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for Nash I hope the Bruins sweep in and get Ryan.
I'd be all for that depending on the price. Obviously we'd have to give up some good assets, but hopefully not overpay for him. I think Dreger put it perfectly yesterday on TSN 1050 Radio when he said the Ducks were just "listening."

The two guys I'd love to see in a Bruins uniform before the day I die are Ryan and Evander Kane...they just have the word "Bruin" written all over them by the way they play

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
Problem is, every year it's the same. Every draft is always considered a "deep" draft.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:57 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
I'd be all for that depending on the price. Obviously we'd have to give up some good assets, but hopefully not overpay for him. I think Dreger put it perfectly yesterday on TSN 1050 Radio when he said the Ducks were just "listening."

The two guys I'd love to see in a Bruins uniform before the day I die are Ryan and Evander Kane...they just have the word "Bruin" written all over them by the way they play
Quite frankly I think Parise has all the same attributes and more, and he's better than both. And hey, look who's a free agent!!!

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:09 AM
kylegilleece

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
I just don't see how Ryan is worth more than Krejci. Ryan scores more goals but Krejci is great defensively, makes his teammates better, stepped up huge in the Cup run and he has zero questions about his character (unlike Ryan)

Straight-up or no way.
Are we talking about the same Krejci, he hardly back checks and his face off percentage is lacking for a #1 C.....Bobby Ryan at least scores goals... and last i checked the bruins havent had a true goal scorer in a while.

kylegilleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
vjcsmoke

Krejci + Caron + 1st.
They get a 1a center, a young winger, and a 1st round pick.
I'd throw in a defenseman instead of Caron if I had to. Maybe ference?
Think that Ryan could really help our anemic powerplay. That plus a bigger dose of Seguin.

vjcsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:51 AM
MattFromFranklin
Fire Chiarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Quite frankly I think Parise has all the same attributes and more, and he's better than both. And hey, look who's a free agent!!!
Whoops. Total brainfart on my behalf. Add him to the list. From what I've read, he seems like the kind of guy who will go to the team where he has the best chance to win a Cup. He'll be swimming in money no matter where he goes. I hope he does value winning over the last penny, considering how sources say Minny is going to offer him at least a 13 year contract if he makes it to July 1st. The bidding will be absolutely insane!

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Sure he is, but he's still a huge gamble. While we'd love to think he'd want to come here, we need to take the black and gold glasses off and realize that every other team in the league would love him as well.

I'd love to see Ryan here, him on the top line would really help things.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:34 PM
compan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
It's just gonna be the 30th overall. That's practically a second.

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Parise is going to make way more than Ryan, and proble Nash. Ryan is a better talent and younger than Parise.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
Krejci + Caron + 1st.
They get a 1a center, a young winger, and a 1st round pick.
I'd throw in a defenseman instead of Caron if I had to. Maybe ference?
Think that Ryan could really help our anemic powerplay. That plus a bigger dose of Seguin.
That's a pretty good deal but is they get Ryan they will have to over pay a little bit, not sure caron has enough. That's why something like Spooner and Krejci with a draft pick will be what it takes. Im fine with giving up any prospect not named Knight,and Hamilton.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins71 View Post
Ryan/Bergeron/Horton and Ryan/Seguin/Horton would be a line with three righty's and that just ain't gonna happen.
Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder

One of the best lines in recent Bruins memory: All three right hand shots.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
bp13

Quote:
Parise is going to make way more than Ryan, and proble Nash. Ryan is a better talent and younger than Parise.
Ryan has tons of talent...possibly more than Parise. And I'd rather have Parise on my team, and I don't think it's all that close.

But no doubt, I'd take Ryan. Again, this team could use an upgrade in skill and finish, so obviously Ryan or Parise more than fits the bill. I'd be psyched with either one.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:43 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

as fantasyland gm of the boston bruins I plan to do the following

wait for the nash domino to fall and while the teams are last minute fighting over him i swoop in and nab bobby ryan for krejci caron and next years 1st rounder.

then in a brilliant move i sign zach parise.

my lines are
Parise Seguin Ryan

Lucic Bergeron Horton

Peverley Kelly Marchand

bruins win cup without a loss in the playoffs

then you let horton walk so you can pay Seguin his money

could be tough down the road but i like my chances with bergeron seguin ryan and parise locked up.

FallsForItEveryYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:49 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Ryan has tons of talent...possibly more than Parise. And I'd rather have Parise on my team, and I don't think it's all that close.

But no doubt, I'd take Ryan. Again, this team could use an upgrade in skill and finish, so obviously Ryan or Parise more than fits the bill. I'd be psyched with either one.
Don't get me wrong i want Parise to, but he is going to cost way more than Ryan. That's all i meant.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
as fantasyland gm of the boston bruins I plan to do the following

wait for the nash domino to fall and while the teams are last minute fighting over him i swoop in and nab bobby ryan for krejci caron and next years 1st rounder.

then in a brilliant move i sign zach parise.

my lines are
Parise Seguin Ryan

Lucic Bergeron Horton

Peverley Kelly Marchand

bruins win cup without a loss in the playoffs

then you let horton walk so you can pay Seguin his money

could be tough down the road but i like my chances with bergeron seguin ryan and parise locked up.
I like but truely has 0% chance of it happening. Also if Horton comes back healthy i would keep him over Lucic. He easily could have lead the Leauge in playoff pionts if he did'nt get hurt. Also was well on his way to over 30 goals this year. No matter what happens i want to see Seguin with Horton next year.