HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part VII) - "GIVE US BOOBY RYAN!"

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 09:17 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
OK Joe Nieuwendyk!!! Why do you think it's a joke, because you're an NHL GM? Now that's a joke!!!

Dallas gets 2 good players for Benn and trades their 1st in a weak draft. We might have to add something else, but it's not a bad proposal. What's the joke Joe?
Benn is going to be an absolute star in this league.

He's their franchise center and is in his early 20's. There is no reason for them to part with him unless they have something substantial coming back.

06-19-2012, 09:18 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I don't mind trading Stepan. Problem is it creates a HUGE hole on the second line.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Lundsanity30

Anyone advocating trading our D such as staal girardi or mcdonagh are crazy. Shut down defensemen are harder to come by. I would trade kreider before any if those 3

Old
06-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I don't mind trading Stepan. Problem is it creates a HUGE hole on the second line.
So does trading staal or girardi. Again much easier to find a center imo

Old
06-19-2012, 09:21 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We can't have everyone who plays the same way. We need someone who can create on their own for others and themselves. Nash Ryan both fit that
Who plays like hagelin besides kreider? Thats just a ridiculous rebuttle.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Anyone advocating trading our D such as staal girardi or mcdonagh are crazy. Shut down defensemen are harder to come by. I would trade kreider before any if those 3
First off our defense was pretty solid without Staal. As much as I love Staal and it would be painful for me to deal him I think we could be successful in the long run.

McDonagh, Erixon, and Del Zotto.

Old
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
OK Joe Nieuwendyk!!! Why do you think it's a joke, because you're an NHL GM? Now that's a joke!!!

Dallas gets 2 good players for Benn and trades their 1st in a weak draft. We might have to add something else, but it's not a bad proposal. What's the joke Joe?
It's really bad.

I don't think you know/realize how good Benn is.

06-19-2012, 09:22 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
So does trading staal or girardi. Again much easier to find a center imo
They can probably get by still.

Who is replacing Stepan??

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
The whole team just bc Hagelin does it better doesn't mean its not the same. Forecheck, cycle, backcheck

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
That's the website for The Record. You know, the paper Gross writes for.
I know what paper it is. But I highly doubt Gross has paid any attention to Thomas or actually seen him play other than traverse city. Kid had a down year and Gross is thinking he's gona make the jump to the NHL with his small frame? Nonsense.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
First off our defense was pretty solid without Staal. As much as I love Staal and it would be painful for me to deal him I think we could be successful in the long run.

McDonagh, Erixon, and Del Zotto.
Mdz is nowhere near staal and erixon is a complete unknown at this point

Old
06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Fast is going to be better than Hagelin.

I'm sorry but you can't let Hagelin be the deal breaker for a 24 year old perrenial 30 goal scorer on an incredible contract.

As much as I love Hagelin as long as we don't give up that many substantial players you have to move hagelin if they ask.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
It's really bad.

I don't think you know/realize how good Benn is.
I've been watching hockey for 45 years and a good judge of talent. I also played some amateur. I know how good Benn is.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
They can probably get by still.

Who is replacing Stepan??
It's easier to find a center than a shut down d man. Dubinsky anisimov boyle are all centers. There are centers who can be had via trade. U want me to give up staal or girardi? Fine. But first get me Ryan Suter

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Mdz is nowhere near staal and erixon is a complete unknown at this point
We've already seen great glimpses of what Erixon will be. Once he strengthens up I think he'll be our second best defenseman. He has offensive punch as well as being a shut down defensemen.

Do I want to part with Staal? Hell no of course not but it's one of Anaheim's biggest weaknesses and that could be the piece that lands him.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
The whole team just bc Hagelin does it better doesn't mean its not the same. Forecheck, cycle, backcheck
Stop making me laugh. It's not hard to take the easy way out and respond with another weak rebuttle. The ONLY other guy that is similar is Callahan. I'm not counting dubinsky on the assumption he is moved. Don't provide fickle responses just because you want to see a big name brought in so bad you'll ignore the ramifications of it.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:27 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Any new word on these Ryan rumors?

Old
06-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Lundsanity30

It's funny that people think the rangers have so much d we could give up girardi or staal or mdz. There is a reason why girardi and mcd played crazy ice time in the playoffs

Old
06-19-2012, 09:30 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Fast is going to be better than Hagelin.

I'm sorry but you can't let Hagelin be the deal breaker for a 24 year old perrenial 30 goal scorer on an incredible contract.

As much as I love Hagelin as long as we don't give up that many substantial players you have to move hagelin if they ask.
Are we talking about Ryan who has road the coattails of getzlaf and perry so far in his career. He struggled dearly at the beginning of last year. I've seen him play alot, I know how good he is but you dont know if he will be able to carry a line here. Because for what youre willing to give up you better be able to carry a line.

And Fast isn't here right now. He's possibly 2 years away at the least. Bouncing back from a broken foot/leg. The rangers are going to be serious contenders next year. If Fast was ready for opening night next year then this is a different story but hes not.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Lundsanity30

Tell you the truth, the rangers could afford to trade a forward including kreider long before they could trade staal or girardi

Old
06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
I've been watching hockey for 45 years and a good judge of talent. I also played some amateur. I know how good Benn is.
Then you'll understand why two third liners aren't going to get his right arm, let alone him and Dallas' first?

Old
06-19-2012, 09:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Tell you the truth, the rangers could afford to trade a forward including kreider long before they could trade staal or girardi
First 1st line pure scorer the rangers have drafted and they cab afford to trade him over staal, girardi,...anybody for that matter...ugh

Old
06-19-2012, 09:33 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

How anyone can say that shutdown defenseman are more valuable than 24 year old perennial 30-35 goal scorers with phenomenal size is beyond me.

Not to mention that our shutdown defenseman play in front of arguably the best goalie in the league and behind one of the best team defenses in the league.

The Rangers can survive to see their defense weaken to a degree if it means their offense improves significantly, and adding a Ryan would do that. Unlike Nash, it would do it without crippling the team's budget going forward.

Quote:
It's a horrendous proposal, unless your goal is to construct a proposal where one team gets completely ripped off. You're offering two role players for an incredibly young star player PLUS a first round pick. Go post that proposal on the trade boards and see what fans of other teams say. Just be prepared for the worst.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:34 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Are we talking about Ryan who has road the coattails of getzlaf and perry so far in his career. He struggled dearly at the beginning of last year. I've seen him play alot, I know how good he is but you dont know if he will be able to carry a line here. Because for what youre willing to give up you better be able to carry a line.

And Fast isn't here right now. He's possibly 2 years away at the least. Bouncing back from a broken foot/leg. The rangers are going to be serious contenders next year. If Fast was ready for opening night next year then this is a different story but hes not.
I don't really envision a scenario where Ryan would have to carry a line here. Richards and Stepan are both playmakers and I've seen enough of Ryan to see that he has playmaking capabilities as well.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Stop making me laugh. It's not hard to take the easy way out and respond with another weak rebuttle. The ONLY other guy that is similar is Callahan. I'm not counting dubinsky on the assumption he is moved. Don't provide fickle responses just because you want to see a big name brought in so bad you'll ignore the ramifications of it.
they all play the same way some better than others but still the same way dude. They all cycle, forecheck, backcheck, block shots, etc. We don't have any skill or creativity

Closed Thread