HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Button-McGuire Mock Draft

Old
06-19-2012, 07:33 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

vCash: 500
Wouldn't touch Grigs with a 7th rounder, and would deaft Faksa at 5.

Lol. Heard all I need to hear...

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Deceiving age is not hard to pull off and it doesn't take long for word to get around about it. You think it's just coincidence a guy that was slated to go 1st overall not too long ago is plummeting like he has 200 lbs of concrete in his swim shorts?
I dont think it would be that difficult in junior but at the NHL level , yes. Obviously if this rumour is taken seriously and questioned , the NHL would have to investigate. All a lawyer would have to do is acquire hospital records.. Its a pretty serious issue and if not adressed , were going to see several players in the future trying to repeat it..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:38 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Deceiving age is not hard to pull off and it doesn't take long for word to get around about it. You think it's just coincidence a guy that was slated to go 1st overall not too long ago is plummeting like he has 200 lbs of concrete in his swim shorts?
You're so full of it, your eyes are turning brown. Being involved with minor hockey, I can tell you that kids are tracked and kept tabs on from a young age, when they start playing travel. I've heard of kids being inquired about age, and the minor hockey associationnails it every time.

Are you trying to tell me that you believe he can not only hide it from his Russian leagues for this long, but the CHL, AND the NHL?

Give your head a shake.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:39 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
You're so full of it, your eyes are turning brown. Being involved with minor hockey, I can tell you that kids are tracked and kept tabs on from a young age, when they start playing travel. I've heard of kids being inquired about age, and the minor hockey associationnails it every time.

Are you trying to tell me that you believe he can not only hide it from his Russian leagues for this long, but the CHL, AND the NHL?

Give your head a shake.
Why is a recent lottery pick slipping daily?

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:40 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Oh, and when did you happen to see Grigs this year to say he's "afraid of the dirty areas"? Because that also isn't true.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:41 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Oh, and when did you happen to see Grigs this year to say he's "afraid of the dirty areas"? Because that also isn't true.
Great I can add you to the list of people that I know who hasn't seen him play.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Steve

I hope they're right. If I could take one person in this draft besides Yakupov, it's Forsberg. IMO, he could be the best one in the group.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

I actually did, smart-%#! . Add that to the list of ignorant, baseless garbage you've spit out in the last half hour.

My uncle is a Remparts season ticket holder.

Old
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I think its a better chance thats its the KHL factor moreso than the age deceiving.. But these are analysts not scouts. I bet Toronto has him in the top 10. Mckenzie or McGuire would have mentioned the age thing if it had legs..

Old
06-19-2012, 07:44 PM
shibbiness

The way I see it, the dude is either a troll, or is secretly a soccer fan.

No educated hockey fan should agree with him.

shibbiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Todd Skill

Why is everyone convinced that CLB takes a Dman at their spot? If they get rid of Nash, I figured they'd be looking to add some sex appeal with their pick, and assuming that they don't manage to trade up with EDM, I'd bank on them taking Forsberg (or maybe Galy).

Todd Skill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I think its a better chance thats its the KHL factor moreso than the age deceiving.. But these are analysts not scouts. I bet Toronto has him in the top 10. Mckenzie or McGuire would have mentioned the age thing if it had legs..
No one will disclose this information right now in fear of a lawsuit. Same reason that GM was not named.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:46 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Skill View Post
Why is everyone convinced that CLB takes a Dman at their spot? If they get rid of Nash, I figured they'd be looking to add some sex appeal with their pick, and assuming that they don't manage to trade up with EDM, I'd bank on them taking Forsberg (or maybe Galy).
Howson will get 2 roster players in return..

Old
06-19-2012, 07:47 PM
MapleLeafs9
MapleLeafs9

vCash: 100
I have not seen Forsberg play before. Wouldn't know how to react if we got him at #5. Still not sold on Galchenyuk either after that knee injury.

MapleLeafs9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:49 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
No one will disclose this information right now in fear of a lawsuit. Same reason that GM was not named.
Analysts report what they hear. If they heard , with a RELIABLE source , that hes older then letting on to be they mention it as a rumour.. Theres no legal restriction there.. A gm could be a different story because they have strict limitations..

Old
06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
joepeps

Quote:
How can a kid as lanky as he is, who needs 20lbs like Oprah needs a diet, play inthe league next year?

He's not ready. A year in the SEL for sure. He's also a winger, yeah. We're not in need of a winger.

For gods' sake, can we just FINALLY address our need down the middle? Never been afraid to gamble in trades before... So get up to 2 and get Galchenyuk.
huh? lol why are you quoting me? I didn't say anything about anyone being ready for NHL or anything... Forsberg is BPA at 2 drop to 3 if CLB wants Murray...

not sure why you are all gangsta on me for lol

joepeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Skill View Post
I think they take a forward and screw the whole mock draft.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:55 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps View Post
huh? lol why are you quoting me? I didn't say anything about anyone being ready for NHL or anything... Forsberg is BPA at 2 drop to 3 if CLB wants Murray...

not sure why you are all gangsta on me for lol
My bad, I was trying to add to the conversation that was going on, quoted you instead of the other guy.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:55 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:

Give your head a shake.
Rumour was, some Russian officials are helping him. He doesn't have to fake his papers, he needs to have assumed somebody else's papers. He was probably a poor orphan boy in a desolite community who suddenly moved to the big city. Probably at 14 or 15 he assumed a 12-13 year old orphans identity. All his papers say he's 18, but if they saw his leg off, they find 20-21 rings.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:56 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Rumour was, some Russian officials are helping him. He doesn't have to fake his papers, he needs to have assumed somebody else's papers. He was probably a poor orphan boy in a desolite community who suddenly moved to the big city. Probably at 14 or 15 he assumed a 12-13 year old orphans identity. All his papers say he's 18, but if they saw his leg off, they find 20-21 rings.
This made me lol. Thank you..

Old
06-19-2012, 07:57 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Analysts report what they hear. If they heard , with a RELIABLE source , that hes older then letting on to be they mention it as a rumour.. Theres no legal restriction there.. A gm could be a different story because they have strict limitations..
Something smells fishy in Denmark.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:02 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Because being supposedly involved in minor hockey, allows you to be very proficient at indenitfying NHL talent. Moreso than people that do it for a living and have been involved in professional hockey for many decades.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:02 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Something smells fishy in Denmark.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
LeaffanDM

the only problem i have with forsberg is that hes stated that he wishes to play atleast one more year in Sweden before even thinking of coming over. he wont be NHL ready for a couple years yet. It would be better to draft a good forward whos staying in NA to develop and possibly play for the leafs in the next 2 years.

LeaffanDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Because being supposedly involved in minor hockey, allows you to be very proficient at indenitfying NHL talent. Moreso than people that do it for a living and have been involved in professional hockey for many decades.
Well, here we are again. I love that I get under your skin enough that you have to find my posts and chirp like a barking dog.

But yeah, knowing the process of minor hockey, and having played the sport up to the AAA level, you kinda see this kind of stff over time.

Get off my n*#%.