HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Feeling burned out on wwe programming - 5 positives?

Old
03-01-2015, 10:53 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

vCash: 500
Feeling burned out on wwe programming - 5 positives?

It is extremely rare for me to watch Raw anymore, though I catch the PPVs. I know we're heading to WM, but I'm struggling to come up with reasons to continue to watch the little amount that I do. Between Reigns booked like Superman to the terrible Star/Gold feud to Sting using a baseball bat like a machete to the burying of Dean Ambrose, it's been a tough few months. Until half of the nxt roster is on Raw, what am I supposed to look forward to?

So, the question to you guys: what are the top 5 things TO YOU about the current WWE product?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 11:07 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
+ Sting gets his WM match. It's 10 years too late, but it still is a very important moment for wrestling history.

+ Seth Rollins/DB in-ring action: IF these two guys are in the ring, it's watchable. They will put on great shows.

+ Lesnar: Dude is as real as it gets. That's why he draws. You just don't know and it's always fun.

That's all I got for you. I don't care for the rest of the show. NXT is a must-watch though if you have the network. I typically DVR Raw and watch it all within 5 minutes. I don't even look up results to SD anymore.

I used to think Dean Ambrose is must-see-tv, but they use him in such a **** way. He's one of the most compelling individuals in the business, but how WWE presents him is boring.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Top 5 things about the WWE Product for me in no order:

1. Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins: I really hadn't had a favorite wrestler beyond HBK in a looooong time before Ziggler and then Rollins came along. The most entertaining two going today (IMO as I'm sure the Bryan fans will jump all over me for that). Literally the only time I tune in at all to Smackdown is to see one of them.

2. Bray Wyatt - right behind the first two. There hasn't been a character like him to come along probably since the Undertaker. As long as WWE just stays out of his way, they have a mega star for years to come.

3. Sting- Yes it's probably a decade too late but I still think it's cool to see the guy in a WWE ring. Had goosebumps when he debuted (live in St. Louis in front of me no less )

4. Brock Lesnar/Paul Heyman - I don't care what era it is, these two would be must watch tv. Brock is an absolute monster and if you can't appreciate Brock today, then it might be time to just stop watching altogether.

5. NXT - I have my favorites in NXT (Finn Balor) but really just about everything on the show is entertaining from the top of the card in Balor/Zayn/Owens to the comedy acts of Enzo and Cass to the commentary of Alex Riley (seriously put him on RAW PLZ) to the divas who totally kick ass and steal the show quite often. The future is bright if WWE doesn't **** it up.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 02:18 PM
TheDinosaur

The potential of the roster is a huge positive. If creative pulled their head out of their ass WWE product could be absolutely amazing.

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 03:53 PM
The Shockmaster
Balee Dat?

#WWEPositives

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 05:18 PM
SANTArelli25
SAMCRO

vCash: 176
Lol WWE is gonna **** over all the wrestlers listed so it's not really a positive.

SANTArelli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Shoalzie

I like many of the performers...I just don't like the overall product. 'Mania delivered last year...I'm going to watch and hope it does again.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 10:29 PM
NewAgeOutlaw
Belie Dat!

Since I am this board's resident cynic I will do something different and point out the things I like about the current product.

1.) There has never been so many amazing in ring workers in the company. Orton, Rollins, Ambrose, Ziggler, DB, Cena, Cesaro, Rusev, Sheamus, and Harper are all guys who can put on great matches and they do regularly.

2.) The Network. As poor as the product has been as of late I get every ppv ever and in the future for an undisclosed but reasonable monthly cost.

3.) Although I may not agree with who the company is pushing at the moment, they are reducing Cena's role and are trying to put new guys in the spotlight and that is good. Sure, they should have been trying to do this in 2007 but better late than never.

4.) Comedy acts like Adam Rose, the bunny and Los Matadores have seen less tv time as of late and that is good. Hopefully this trend continues.

5.) Paul Heyman. Seriously, this guy could get me hyped up for a match between Great Khali and Vladimir Kozlov. Guy is just amazing on the mic and his segments are usually the most interesting segments on Raw.

NewAgeOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
1. NXT. The best hour of wrestling that the WWE has to offer.

2. The potential that the future holds with acts like Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Hideo, Finn Balor, Adrian Neville, Tyler Breeze, Solomon Crowe, etc etc etc...

3. Finally giving some depth to other divisions. With Ambrose, Barrett, Truth, Bryan and others gunning for a chance at the IC Title, we have the possibility of stories taking place in a division other than the main event picture. Tag Team division as well, with the insertion of Kidd and Cesaro.

4. Bray Wyatt. Every time he talks, he gives me goosebumps.

5. Paul Heyman. He could sell me a cold, and I'm sick as a dog right now. The man is a pure genius, one that understands the business from the inside out and it shows.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 10:40 PM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

Terrible Gold/Stardust feud?

I think it has been great with Cody really shining.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Terrible Gold/Stardust feud?

I think it has been great with Cody really shining.
Yeah, I agree. The Rhodes brothers feud has been remarkable.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Megahab

-Bray Wyatt. My favourite wrestler right now. He is so different than everyone else on the roster.

-Goldust vs. Stardust. This feud has been unique and original so far and Cody Rhodes is so good at playing that character.

-The booking of Sting. I think they have booked him wonderfully so far. They are booking him like WCW was 1997 where he doesn't speak. Although I was hoping for the baseball bat to not come out until WrestleMania. The bat vs. the sledgehammer would have made for a cool moment at WrestleMania.

-Brock Lesnar. It really does feel special anytime he is on screen.

-Paul Heyman. Always cuts awesome promos.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 08:09 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

My five:

- Tyson Kidd and Cesaro: While it is obvious that far more could have been done with Cesaro coming out of WM30 a year ago, this is a classic case of making lemonade out of lemons. Take two guys who are solid in-ring and make a good team out of them. At least maybe there will be a team other than the Usos now.

- Daniel Bryan: Yeah, he's not in the main event. But at least we should be glad that he made it all the way back. I was very skeptical that it would happen.

- Seth Rollins: He is now set up for the next 3-5 years and is going to have a million great matches.

- The Network: Which is probably the only reason I am here. I do feel bad that Canada isn't getting the full thing since many here have to resort to other means.

- NXT: Just fantastic all around and it has given me a greater appreciation for independent and other non-WWE wrestling, which I am sure is not what WWE intended. The network sub is worth it for Balor/Itami/Owens/Zayn/Banks/Neville/Charlotte alone.

bruins309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 12:52 PM
UnrealMachine

1. NXT. No explanation necessary.
2. Miz/Mizdow. This is the longest lasting, best developing and most coherent storyline they've had in years that is heading towards a massive payoff. Miz becomes one of the top heels in the company while Sandow totally revives his career and becomes a top mid-level face.
3. Cesaro/Kidd/Natalya. Yeah that's right, I'm including Natalya here. She is crushing her part in this equation as well. For whatever reason the WWE won't let any of these characters take off on their own, but they work extremely well together and finally carved out a niche. Getting the belt as quickly as they did (weren't they headlining the Main Event show less than 2 months ago?) was huge.
4. Seth Rollins. I did not think he was capable of being as big of a star as he has become and in a short time frame to boot.
5. Dean Ambrose. Okay, his role has been reduced, for now, but they are keeping him relevant and I believe he is going to hit another level later this year. Also, there's only so much he can do as a face. Once he goes heel, he's going straight to the top.

UnrealMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Megahab

Ya I am enjoying the Usos/Naomi vs. Kidd/Cesaro/Natalya feud. I can see them having a 3 vs. 3 match at WrestleMania and for the tag titles.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote