HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

TSN 2012 Mock draft

Old
06-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I'm surprised Reinhart seems to be going higher and higher in each successive mock draft I read and all of them have taken place after the CHL season was over. Did he just destroy everyone at the combine or something?

I'm fine with the Jets taking any one of Trouba, Faksa, or Reinhart (who was previously expected to go between 7th and 10th) so I'm fine with the result of this mock draft. However those 3 preferences are based on the assumption that Grigorenko doesn't fall even to 9th.
I don't know about the combine but Reinhart was awesome during the Oil Kings playoff run

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 04:42 AM
Hockeyfrilla

no Collberg

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:00 AM
stonedhenge

Oh Pierre do your homework. Why the hell would Kings draft a goalie? They have Bernier, Gibson, Zatkoff, Jones and Berube behind Quick.

stonedhenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:34 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Vancouver and LA taking goalies in the first round? Highly doubtful to me

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:40 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Interesting.I thought Murray was the only defenseman who was nhl ready, among the 2012 prospects.
Murray, Maatta and Ceci are the only ones with a real shot, but Maatta's chances are very low. Pierre just trying to sneak in a "I told you so" moment. He throws enough comments like that around he can make himself look pretty smart down the road. He's by far not the only one that does that though.

ottawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:44 AM
EarlGrey

Weird mock draft. While I could see Grigorenko fall, 17 is really low for him. No way that happens. If he goes to 12 I'd be shocked.

I think the first 5 picks make a lot of sense, starting with Anaheim, it becomes absurd. No idea why we would take Rielly. Well let me put it this way: If we pick him, I'd be seriously bummed. At 6, you gotta look at Grigorenko, Teravainen, Faksa, Dumba or Trouba. Maybe even Maatta or Ceci.

Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into that. Button has some weird opinions sometimes and McGuire is a straight up idiot. Want proof? He would trade 3rd overall and Subban for 1st.

I hope teams gof off board with some picks and the Ducks can grab Forsberg and run for their lives

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

The only thing more strange than this mock draft, will be the actual NHL draft.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:22 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
The only thing more strange than this mock draft, will be the actual NHL draft.
So you're saying this will be the best mock out there?

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
I am no expert in Swedish and Finnish hockey, or geography for that matter, but looking at Forsberg at Number 5, this doesn't seem right: Leksand (FIN)

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:57 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
I am no expert in Swedish and Finnish hockey, or geography for that matter, but looking at Forsberg at Number 5, this doesn't seem right: Leksand (FIN)
Well, they are blue and white.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Kingler

LA already took Christopher Gibson last year with a 2nd. Think they will pass on a goalie unless they really think goalie is the BPA by quite a margin at 30th

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:10 AM
The Last Baron*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
After watching Couturier and Hamilton drop to 8/9 last year, and Fowler and Gormley (both considered top 5 material) fall to 12/13, I'm not sure I'd be that shocked to see Grigorenko drop a bit. I agree though, out of the top 10 seems a bit of a stretch.
Certain players hyped before the draft always fall - you think hockey fans would be used to this by now. Not saying Grigs will fall for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The Last Baron* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:30 AM
IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawah View Post
but Maatta's chances are very low.
I agree, but also he is 1 year or half younger than many other top there. Also his playoff points was awesome, if he was Canadian here was more for him, but maybe it's better that there is just one Fin who people won't praise so much. And his best thing is defensive or all-around, but he really has so much potential in offensive game too.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:37 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Im not sold that the only center/forward in the draft to produce significantly over a PPG last season is going to fall to 17th. Not sure what im missing. The reports had him at #2 at the end of the season.. Does contracting mono/ missing the combine really drop you 15 spots? I'd be disappointed if Toronto passes on him at 5 TBH. However i would be a lot less disappointed if we ended up with Forsberg or Galchenyuk.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
No way Grigorenko falls that far. I'd be stunned if he doesn't go in the top 5, and beyond stunned if he somehow fell below 10.And you really think the Caps would pass up 2 chances to draft a highly ranked 2 way center? No way.
Yeah in that mock Caps had the chance to grab Teravainen and Grigs

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Want proof? He would trade 3rd overall and Subban for 1st.

He said Edmonton should do that.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
I'm surprised Reinhart seems to be going higher and higher in each successive mock draft I read and all of them have taken place after the CHL season was over. Did he just destroy everyone at the combine or something?

I'm fine with the Jets taking any one of Trouba, Faksa, or Reinhart (who was previously expected to go between 7th and 10th) so I'm fine with the result of this mock draft. However those 3 preferences are based on the assumption that Grigorenko doesn't fall even to 9th.
It's because people out east saw him play. Even though the Oil Kings didn't do well in the Memorial Cup Reinhart got better round by round throughout the playoffs.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Im not sold that the only center/forward in the draft to produce significantly over a PPG last season is going to fall to 17th. Not sure what im missing. The reports had him at #2 at the end of the season.. Does contracting mono/ missing the combine really drop you 15 spots? I'd be disappointed if Toronto passes on him at 5 TBH. However i would be a lot less disappointed if we ended up with Forsberg or Galchenyuk.
No, having a lazy work ethic, questionable age, and inconsistent play drops you to 17th.

While I do think he falls, i hope the Caps take a flyer on him at 11.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:49 AM
EveryDay

Montreal would be happy with Galchenyuk

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Look at McKenzie's list - Collberg was late 1st and Aberg early 2nd, so not a surprise to me that neither one went in this mock...maybe NHL teams are in ''let's copycat LA and Boston'' mode and small wingers are going to lose value going forward unless they are surefire studs like Yakupov.
Please, God. Let that happen. If Collberg is available at #28 I might wet myself.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

In case people didn't know or forgot, Button picked 7/8 first picks correct last year, which practically everyone here and many other media experts failed to do.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:13 PM
ChoseLa

If Colberg reports to the 33th rank, i'd be more than happy.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:16 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1000
Quote:

He got better as the year went on and had a great WHL playoffs. That can cause a player to rise immensely.

My full account
My Avs-only account
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:22 PM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFK View Post
I agree, but also he is 1 year or half younger than many other top there. Also his playoff points was awesome, if he was Canadian here was more for him, but maybe it's better that there is just one Fin who people won't praise so much. And his best thing is defensive or all-around, but he really has so much potential in offensive game too.
I'm basing my feeling the chance is very low on several things. The first off he is still very young, pretty much a year younger than Murray and half a year than Ceci. Secondly, he only has one year CHL under his belt where the other two have 3 years each. Thirdly, while he showed very well in the playoffs, its just a small stretch (albeit an important one). Ceci has been close to averaging what Maatta did in the playoffs over the last 1.5 years, Murray is not really offensive enough to look at that stat.

Maatta does, however, have a consistent defensive game and size, which is the only reason I'd give him any chance.

Realistically, its hard to break into the league as a first year draftee on D. And many who do shouldn't.

ottawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
He said Edmonton should do that.
I wonder if that was a jab at the Habs for not making him the GM... Sort of saying that the Oilers should take advantage of Bergevin's lack of experience or something. Good on Duthie for telling him it didn't make much sense.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote