HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 18 : Draft Edition!?

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 08:07 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The Oiler fans must be licking their chops like hungry lions anticipating the Top Six they have after this draft.Nugent-Hopkins-Hall-? then Eberle-Yakupov-? add power forwards to each line and look out.The Habs have some heavy lifting to catch up there,Galchenyuk-Pacioretty-? then Plekanec-Gionta will be on the downside of their careers in two years.So these next two years will go a long way to deciding which players from the prospect pool can be a Top Six.Getting a possible power forward or sniper projected two years from now from this draft is important given the draft position and extra 2nd.Next year we have two extra 2nds to try and pick up two forwards.If Timmins and crew can pull it off the Habs will be an Elite team in three years.There's no draft team I'd rather have doing the choosing than ours and I'm ecstatic at the fortunes of the immediate futures.The prospects like Leblanc,Naatinen,Quailer,Kristo,Bournival and Geoffrion form the nucleus of the Habs 3rd & 4th lines 2-3 yrs. from now.Things are looking up for this franchise for the first time in a couple of decades.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 500
With a draft class like this one, I think we'll see the good head scouts from the mediocre ones, there is obvious potential, but it's pretty diluted. I have faith in Timmins though, and now that he has Lapointe and Brisebois taking care of development, IMO, it could be even better.

Friday seems so far, damn...

Old
06-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Top Corner2

Samuelsson will be gone at 33 methinks....

Old
06-20-2012, 08:17 PM
NewHabsEra*

Murray isnt great at anything but good at everything right? Could this be cause he is 3 days short to being a pick last year? I guess it doesnt hurt the actual maturity in his game..

There is no way I take a defenseman in this draft year..

Old
06-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Murray isnt great at anything but good at everything right? Could this be cause he is 3 days short to being a pick last year? I guess it doesnt hurt the actual maturity in his game..

There is no way I take a defenseman in this draft year..
Errrr ok... there are other Ds than Murray, see ?

Old
06-20-2012, 08:28 PM
rockjngo

Hate to break it, Columbus GM Scott Howson just said in a radio interview that he won't shy away from selecting a player who's injured all year. He feels Alex Galchenyuk is right up there with Nail Yakupov.

Now maybe I'm reading between the lines, does this mean if Edmonton picks Yakupov, Columbus will pick Galchenyuk?

Old
06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Hate to break it, Columbus GM Scott Howson just said in a radio interview that he won't shy away from selecting a player who's injured all year. He feels Alex Galchenyuk is right up there with Nail Yakupov.

Now maybe I'm reading between the lines, does this mean if Edmonton picks Yakupov, Columbus will pick Galchenyuk?
Their head scout talked rather glowingly about Forsberg.

****ing Columbus.

No wait, **** Edmonton. If they hadnt have won the lottery, everything wouldve worked out perfectly. Yak, Murray, Gally. Easy, done.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:34 PM
WeThreeKings

Where did you see this, though?

I dont see it mentioned anywhere on Prospects board or on the Columbus board.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:

Murray to habs!!!! ???

Old
06-20-2012, 08:36 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Murray to habs!!!! ???
I would say if Gally is gone, its Forsberg or trading down for TT. At least, I hope that is their course of action.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Bergevin talked about not shying away from defense, even though they have a bunch of good prospects already at that position.

What did you want Howson to so ? Injured players ? They'll never amount to anything, so we're not going to waste a high pick on them.

Not sure why everyone is against getting Murray. You know, you can trade an up and coming d player as part of a package for a centre, right ?

Old
06-20-2012, 08:37 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Doesn't matter, they're all playing poker. We'll see what happens when it happens. Forsberg wouldn't be a bad pickup at 3rd overall.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Anybody know where's the list of all the prospects that are re-entering the draft? Thanks.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Anybody know where's the list of all the prospects that are re-entering the draft? Thanks.
Players passed over, or not signed, or both ?

Old
06-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Teamwork

I can't stand Edmonton, just throwing that out there. $%#^ Columbus is at thread part 3, while we are at 18

Old
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Players passed over, or not signed, or both ?
Yeah, I should have been more precised. Just the guys that were drafted in 2010 and are re-entering like Doonskoi.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
I can't stand Edmonton, just throwing that out there. $%#^ Columbus is at thread part 3, while we are at 18
I really hope to see that franchise crash and burn when no UFA's go to play there and their young guns are all asking for tons of money.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I really hope to see that franchise crash and burn when no UFA's go to play there and their young guns are all asking for tons of money.
Yup its a cap world now

Old
06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Oiler fans must be licking their chops like hungry lions anticipating the Top Six they have after this draft.Nugent-Hopkins-Hall-? then Eberle-Yakupov-? add power forwards to each line and look out.The Habs have some heavy lifting to catch up there,Galchenyuk-Pacioretty-? then Plekanec-Gionta will be on the downside of their careers in two years.So these next two years will go a long way to deciding which players from the prospect pool can be a Top Six.Getting a possible power forward or sniper projected two years from now from this draft is important given the draft position and extra 2nd.Next year we have two extra 2nds to try and pick up two forwards.If Timmins and crew can pull it off the Habs will be an Elite team in three years.There's no draft team I'd rather have doing the choosing than ours and I'm ecstatic at the fortunes of the immediate futures.The prospects like Leblanc,Naatinen,Quailer,Kristo,Bournival and Geoffrion form the nucleus of the Habs 3rd & 4th lines 2-3 yrs. from now.Things are looking up for this franchise for the first time in a couple of decades.
licking they re chops??lol.have you seen them play?who do the oilers have on defense? and who is they're goalie again?tambellini has been weak with his asset management so far.until that changes the oil will stay in the basement.cant believe he got an extension too.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Dharvey33

We are getting Forsberg he just seems like a Timmins pick plus he is getting nhl time next year for sure we need help right now not in 2 years. if Forsberg can play at half the level landeskog played last year i would be happy and me think Forsberg is better than Landeskog.

I love Glly or Yakupov but i think Forsberg is the pick for us. I highly doubt we would take Murray in front of forsrberg Yakupov or Gally and one of the three will be available for sure so no biggy.

I'M sure there are layers that Timmins is wathcing carefully and if they are out of the top 10 the habs could very well move with the 4 2nd rounders they have in the next two years.

We could get something like Forsberg Faksa or Grigensons that would be pretty great. teravainen maybe.

Teravainen and Forsberg sexy isn't it? Our new Koivu and Naslund.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:20 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Forsberg wasn't even playing in the SEL and you see him in the NHL right away?

Old
06-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Not his fault his team was relegated while he was already in the system, but I do think his agent said he was going back to Sweden for one more year. So Forsberg being NHL ready right now is a moot point.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:26 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
If the Habs draft Forsberg I believe he intends to honor his contract in the SEL which completes at the end of 2012-2013 season.So don't expect to see him in the NHL next year,Montreal will not be rushing his progress.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:26 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Forsberg said hes staying in the Sweedish League 1 More year Anyways. Thats what I believe Bobby Mac said yesterday, and he told the teams about his intentions on completing his contract. Can someone confirm?

Old
06-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Et le But

Forsberg said he plans on returning to Sweden next year, yes.

I mean the Habs could convince him otherwise and buy out his contract, but it's not a good idea. I think it's best to let him have one more year in Sweden in a top 6 role.

How sad is it that our pick likely depends on what Columbus does?

Closed Thread