HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke will have tough decision to make on Gardiner

Old
06-23-2012, 02:13 AM
number72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Leafs would consider trading for Crosby.Leafs interested in flipping Komisarek for first overall pick.Leafs looking at Luongo.Leafs on Nash's trade list.If you listen to Burke he isnt in any panic to get Luongo.Gillis is playing the fans through the media in a vain attempt to create a market and put pressure on Burke via gullible fans.Burke wants to see if Reimer can recover from his injury before he panics.We also have a potential strike year,making Luongo worthless.

Leafs interested in Stamkos for 3rd rounder....
The articles are as bad as excuses fans make for Burke still not addressing the #1c role or finding a capable goalie after four years as GM.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:54 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

He shouldn't get traded unless it's for a young #1C.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:30 AM
mozz

I don't think this decision is coming anytime soon, but I could see a Gardiner to EDM deal in the future.

mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Vexxed14

Now that we have Reilly we have some flexibility in moving Gardiner for an elite 1C if the deal come to the table.

Not saying we should be shopping Gardiner but the interest has been there.

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:25 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
They never mentioned Orr but plenty have brought up the Neids comparison .

I have no idea why people can't simply be pleased with how well he played last year without bringing up HOF's to compare him too .
What I don't get is why people simply can't see that all that is said when he's being compared to these players is they're playing styles and talent level not nescaseraly the expectation of the career the young lad will have.

If you don't see Gardiner showing similar traits to Neids that's too bad for you... about time you stop down grading the Leaf youth is what I say.

We talk about people over hyping the Leaf youth frankly I don't see it, what I do see is a whole bunch of people media a like who degrade the Leaf youth none more than Kadri and it's getting tiresome.... People need to take a good hard look at what these 2 words "prospect/potential" mean before they get all bent out of shape about the comparison of who Gardiner's attributes and playing style remind other people of, get within the context of the conversation and leave the down grading to the side. Each and every person who has compared Gardiner to Neids are very aware that it's a high praise that more than likely wont come to fruition those who don't want to trade him want to see the kind of growth he has before trading him or even entertaining the thought of trading him. Did you expect Karlsson to have the type of year he had? You can't tell me that Gardiner doesn't show the same type of potential if Karlsson can explode like he did so could Gardiner and I for one wont trade Gardiner until we see a little more experience in him thus to me he's an untouchable at the very least for this coming season.

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:34 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
I dont know...if Burke is constantly being taken out of context or not meaning what he actually says, who is to blame for that? If you are implying that I'm in the same boat as a Harvard Graduate I am flattered.
Burke is only taken out of context by a few people. Most fully understand him. Again, who's issue is that?

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:56 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
What I don't get is why people simply can't see that all that is said when he's being compared to these players is they're playing styles and talent level not nescaseraly the expectation of the career the young lad will have.

If you don't see Gardiner showing similar traits to Neids that's too bad for you... about time you stop down grading the Leaf youth is what I say.

We talk about people over hyping the Leaf youth frankly I don't see it, what I do see is a whole bunch of people media a like who degrade the Leaf youth none more than Kadri and it's getting tiresome.... People need to take a good hard look at what these 2 words "prospect/potential" mean before they get all bent out of shape about the comparison of who Gardiner's attributes and playing style remind other people of, get within the context of the conversation and leave the down grading to the side. Each and every person who has compared Gardiner to Neids are very aware that it's a high praise that more than likely wont come to fruition those who don't want to trade him want to see the kind of growth he has before trading him or even entertaining the thought of trading him. Did you expect Karlsson to have the type of year he had? You can't tell me that Gardiner doesn't show the same type of potential if Karlsson can explode like he did so could Gardiner and I for one wont trade Gardiner until we see a little more experience in him thus to me he's an untouchable at the very least for this coming season.
Who's down grading Gardiner and when did say i wanted him traded ?

The kid can skate and handles the puck with poise so all of sudden he now has Neids potential ? There's alot of kids who skate and handle the puck well and they also will never be close to a Neids level player . You know who else skate and handle the puck well , JML and Campbell but comparing Gards potential to them isn't good enough is it .

Do you know why fans in TO eat there young ? It's because of unreal expectations like these . The kid had a very good rookie year but there were major falws in his game that need to be improved before he even becomes a good D , never mind an all star or a potential HOF . Some fans did the same thing with Schenn after his rookie year and here we are 4 years later still wondering if he can become a solid defensive D . The sad part is some people never learn from past mistakes .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:04 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Terry Koshan‏@koshtorontosun

Burke reiterates trade talks end when Gardiner comes up: "This is a guy who is not going anywhere." #Leafs

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:16 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 293
^

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote