Notices

What will happen with the waiting list?

Old
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
hypocrite*
hypocrite

vCash: 500
What will happen with the waiting list?

Will they try and keep it at 8,000 people? i.e. for every seat that drops out, they open it on a first (mouse) click first serve basis?

hypocrite* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:53 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
There's apparently very little movement on the list, I wouldn't even worry about it.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:02 PM
hypocrite*
hypocrite

I'm not worried.

Will they let people choose their P# price point section? I imagine that if #1 on the list wants P5 ... and no P5s are available... they can just stay at #1 until P5 opens up...

hypocrite* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section326 View Post
I'm not worried.

Will they let people choose their P# price point section? I imagine that if #1 on the list wants P5 ... and no P5s are available... they can just stay at #1 until P5 opens up...
From what I understand, if you are #1 on the waiting list, they will come to you and offer you tickets...whether they be P1-P7 if you decline those tickets, you go to the back of line. Which I don't like, but that what I have heard.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Gotaf7

You can refuse tickets once and stay where you are on the wait list if you refuse a second time you are moved to the back of the list.

Gotaf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:45 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone gives up season tickets, don't all the other STH get a chance to "upgrade" prior to those tickets going to the waiting list?

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone gives up season tickets, don't all the other STH get a chance to "upgrade" prior to those tickets going to the waiting list?
You are correct. I'm not exactly sure how they'll assign priority for that, mind you.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
You are correct. I'm not exactly sure how they'll assign priority for that, mind you.
Yeah, not sure how that would work. I know I am P5 and I was never contacted (or at least not yet) to be upgraded. So either you have to request it (I wouldn't upgrade to P4 or higher even if asked) or nobody from P1-4 dropped out

Old
05-24-2012, 07:28 PM
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks

I asked about upgrading seats when I went to my seat selection appointment last year. The TNSE agent told me they hadn't decided how it's all going to work, but there is going to be at least one full time person managing this. He said we won't hear about it until at least after this season. So we'll hear about it eventually.

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:43 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
ask Green Bay Packers fans or Nebraska Cornhusker fans how much fun being on a waiting list is.....lets just say if you get the opportunity during your lifetime to get tickets consider yourself lucky.

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:35 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 6159
I assume they'll wait for it to go down a reasonable amount before they open it back up. I mean what would they do, open a ticketmaster event for the 50 new wait list spots? Seems a tad ridiculous but I guess anything is possible.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:55 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Yeah, not sure how that would work. I know I am P5 and I was never contacted (or at least not yet) to be upgraded. So either you have to request it (I wouldn't upgrade to P4 or higher even if asked) or nobody from P1-4 dropped out
I asked my rep about this and here is what I did.... I emailed the rep about moving seats ( don't phone as they are busy and you want the paper trail ) and he emailed me back to ask what I specifically wanted. I emailed him back and the ticket rep added a note to my account with my request.

It could be years before I get the chance, but it is on file.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:56 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Anyone know when TNSE plans on getting in touch with waiting list members about renewing? Haven't heard anything yet.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:15 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Anyone know when TNSE plans on getting in touch with waiting list members about renewing? Haven't heard anything yet.
I imagine the renewal is automatic but I could be wrong. I haven't heard anything yet either.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:04 PM
SCP Guy

Doesn't it cost $50 a year to stay on the list?

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:07 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Doesn't it cost $50 a year to stay on the list?
I thought it was $50 the first year then $100 per year after. Not sure. They've taken down the wait list page from their website for some reason.

That money does go towards your deposit for tickets once you're called up. Only if you quit the wait list before you get tickets do you outright lose that money.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
well.

at least some of you are on the waiting list.

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Yeah - I want to know how I can even get on the damn list.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
I doubt they even open it back up for another 2 years when there becomes some reasonable amount of openings on the list.

Old
05-25-2012, 06:10 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
Why not contact them?

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:02 PM
ghost88*

People on the waiting list are screwed in my opinion.

I'd wager that MOST people that own season tickets are splitting them between 2-4 other people to lessen the financial burden. If ONE person in the group wants out... it'll be easy to find someone else to join them.

Others that aren't splitting them will probably own them and pass them down from generation to generation (That's my plan)... so either way... I doubt they'll be much turnover at all.

ghost88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:21 PM
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
I asked my rep about this and here is what I did.... I emailed the rep about moving seats ( don't phone as they are busy and you want the paper trail ) and he emailed me back to ask what I specifically wanted. I emailed him back and the ticket rep added a note to my account with my request.

It could be years before I get the chance, but it is on file.
The email I got from my rep basically implied that they're not accomodating any season ticket holder requests to upgrade seats until after the 3-5 year terms are up. But they also "put a note on my account" that I want to upgrade.

I'd still like to know what they'd do if a STH forfeits their seats though. Does it go straight to wait list, or do existing STH's get first dibs to upgrade before going to wait list?

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Wolf357

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost88 View Post

I'd wager that MOST people that own season tickets are splitting them between 2-4 other people to lessen the financial burden. If ONE person in the group wants out... it'll be easy to find someone else to join them.

Others that aren't splitting them will probably own them and pass them down from generation to generation (That's my plan)... so either way... I doubt they'll be much turnover at all.
Exactly..well put.
In our STH group we had 4 of us. This year one of our buddies got a divorce and had to get out of the group. We kinda had our own waiting list made up of people who wanted in on the initial purchase. So we simply went to the list and selected someone.
I would find it very surprising if any actual season tickets are completely given up and returned to the open market.
Even if someone buys 2 season tickets for say himself and his wife. He gets laid off. Practically speaking why would he not renew? he can sell his tickets for a nice little profit.

Wolf357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Toomuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost88 View Post

One advantage to being on the waiting list (even if you are #3479) is that you are able to gets access the waiting list game day tickets. I was able to attend every game that I wanted to attend excect the opener.

That itself is worth $100 per year...

I have a question for the STH's. What happens now with there being no more ST transfers and a group, for example let’s say 4 different families with 2-4 tickets and the owner of the tickets decides he does want them anymore?? Will this group still retain the tickets?

Last edited by Toomuts: 05-25-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Toomuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Wolf357

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
ask Green Bay Packers fans or Nebraska Cornhusker fans how much fun being on a waiting list is.....lets just say if you get the opportunity during your lifetime to get tickets consider yourself lucky.
The city of Green Bay has a population of about 100,000 the wating list for Packers Season tickets is about 86,000.

A interesting read

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/114877119.html

Wolf357 is offline   Reply With Quote