Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Junior Games On YouTube - For Real

Old
09-15-2012, 03:41 AM
HockeyNator

vCash: 500
Junior Games On YouTube - For Real

After dozen phone calls and e-mails I got a permission to publish junior A games on YouTube. I will mostly publish Tappara and Ilves games for an obvious reason but I'm planning to travel a bit across the country. I will contact "Liitto" next week and ask about possibility to videotape national junior teams' games and also B and C-junior games because there's some legal issues due to underages playing in those leagues.

Find games here -> http://www.youtube.com/user/FINjunio...?feature=guide

Preseason game Tappara-HIFK. Featuring prospects like Husso, Kuhakoski, Mäkinen, Hälli and Virmavirta.

High scoring season start between Ilves and Tappara. Karjalainen, Levo, Mäkinen, Hälli, Virmavirta etc.

Special thanks to Ilves and Tappara organizations. They hold the copyrights.

I hope this small act will make junior hockey more popular in Finland.

HockeyNator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 03:56 AM
JYP88*

This is so great. Junior hockey don't get enough attention and this is right step forward. I will watch at least Tappara-JYP and Ilves-JYP games.

Respect for HockeyNator

JYP88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Great work.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Tormentor

Greatly appreciated, I really hope you succeed with your plans. I believe “Liitto” already films most of the junior national team games in Finland, for a reason or another they just aren’t uploading these videos to their Youtube account “Leijonat-TV”.

I have one question for you and I hope you could answer it as soon as possible. Do you have plans of uploading tomorrow’s Jr.A games Ilves-HIFK and Tappara-Ässät? I’m asking this because I’ve been considering of going to Tampere to see the games, but if these are available on Youtube I could go and see a different game.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 10:38 AM
HockeyNator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Greatly appreciated, I really hope you succeed with your plans. I believe “Liitto” already films most of the junior national team games in Finland, for a reason or another they just aren’t uploading these videos to their Youtube account “Leijonat-TV”.

I have one question for you and I hope you could answer it as soon as possible. Do you have plans of uploading tomorrow’s Jr.A games Ilves-HIFK and Tappara-Ässät? I’m asking this because I’ve been considering of going to Tampere to see the games, but if these are available on Youtube I could go and see a different game.
If these videos gained interest I'd bet Liitto strongly considers uploading games. So we shall make them popular, eh?

Yes, I will catch both Jr. A games tomorrow.

Thanks for support everyone!

Old
09-18-2012, 10:37 AM
HockeyNator

Apparently Liitto holds copyrights to Jr. A too so I have to keep the videos hidden until they grant me permission. Let's wait.

Edit. MTV3 owns media rights not only to National Team's and U20 team's games but also all leagues and team's under Liitto's control. I hope MTV3 is willing to co-operate.

Last edited by HockeyNator: 09-19-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old
10-15-2012, 01:49 AM
HockeyNator

Still no answer from MTV3 to Liitto.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:57 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Heh... "Liitto". I take it you're referring to Jääkiekkoliitto, the Finnish Ice Hockey Association... the proper turn of phrase here would be FIHA.

Yes yes, I know, nobody likes a nitpicker, but you're welcome regardless. And the work you're doing here is way cool, btw.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 04:29 AM
HockeyNator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Heh... "Liitto". I take it you're referring to Jääkiekkoliitto, the Finnish Ice Hockey Association... the proper turn of phrase here would be FIHA.

Yes yes, I know, nobody likes a nitpicker, but you're welcome regardless. And the work you're doing here is way cool, btw.
Liitto, The Liitto, Holy Liitto, FIHA. I prefer the first one

Old
10-15-2012, 06:10 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNator View Post
Liitto, The Liitto, Holy Liitto, FIHA. I prefer the first one
By all means. Though this begs a question, does this make Hartwall Arena the Ark of the Liitto?

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:27 PM
HockeyNator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
By all means. Though this begs a question, does this make Hartwall Arena the Ark of the Liitto?
Of course! It's well-known that Ark of the Liitto contains Tablets of Stone which are nowadays used as Jokerit's playbook. The team has had troubles adjusting to new system as Ben-Amor sinned on September first and didn't obey the sixth commandment: Thou shalt not kill.

Need a proof? Who originally found the Tablets of Stone?

It was Moses.

Steve Moses.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:10 AM
HockeyNator

The negotiations are on. No idea of the timetable.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:13 AM
HockeyNator

Well that was quick: I got an permission to publish U16 and U17 national teams' games! I'll go to Vierumäki tomorrow and without any adversities the following games will be published:

U17 Finland A - Finland B
U17 Finland C - Slovakia
U17 Finland B - Slovakia
U17 Finland A - Slovakia
U16 Finland A - Germany
U16 Finland B - Germany
U16 Finland - Germany

No word on neither junior leagues nor the U18/U20 national teams yet. MTV MEDIA has "interests" not only in the U20 national team but also in the U18 team so there's a chance they could broadcast the U18 world championships. They had some interest last season and would have broadcasted the final game if Finland had made it. It's unlikely to receive permission to publish those teams' games but I have high hopes for at least Jr. A permission.

Kudos to MTV MEDIA.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:37 PM
HockeyNator

And same for the U20, U18 and U16 (and women's league) too from this day on!

Kudos to MTV MEDIA and Finnish Ice Hockey Association as well as staff of Leijonat.fi which is the website where the games will be embed.

It's a great day for hockey.