Per Dreger: Looks like the Rangers - All Nash Talk

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Bruwinz37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
that's cause its all relative. "rediculous" contracts come hand in hand with "rediculous" cap ceilings.

percentage wise though, not much has changed(spare the teams overpaying to get to the floor) Rick Nash at 7.8 today is the same contract we gave Savard as a free agent.
"Ridiculous"

Old
07-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
It sucks cause it's going to cost us a lot of assets but watching some contracts being handed out in the past few days his contract isn't that bad after all
Diminishing the stupidity of a GM compared to the stupidity of other GM's is not the way to do business.

Obviously the last lock out wasn't enough to protect the owners from ( bad management) themselves.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:51 AM
The Last Baron*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
According to today's Globe:

Rangers, Detroit, San Jose, Carolina, and Philly.

Columbus dispatch seems like a more reliable source IMO.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Just saw during sox game a nesn update with a headline something like "Bruins in on Nash again?" . Any truth to this? More and more rumors . . .

Old
07-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Ratty

Tune in after the game for a Bruins update.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Scruffy
Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Tune in after the game for a Bruins update.
So at like 2am then?

Old
07-06-2012, 08:22 PM
PatsFanDano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Just saw during sox game a nesn update with a headline something like "Bruins in on Nash again?" . Any truth to this? More and more rumors . . .
NESN.com had an article from earlier today stating Nash was not close to being traded although it's expected to happen at some point. The article mentions the Bruins as one of the teams on his short "Preferred" list. But I've seen nothing concrete recently to indicate the Bruins are in the mix at this point. Doesn't mean they are not but IMO, it doesn't seem likely.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:31 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
So at like 2am then?
The highlights from tonight's game might bump the entire Bruins segment, if the game ever ends.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Chris7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
So at like 2am then?
Lol. Sox vs NYY games are so long.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
"Ridiculous"
Whoops!

I trusted my phone. Smart phone my ass.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:42 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanDano View Post
NESN.com had an article from earlier today stating Nash was not close to being traded although it's expected to happen at some point. The article mentions the Bruins as one of the teams on his short "Preferred" list. But I've seen nothing concrete recently to indicate the Bruins are in the mix at this point. Doesn't mean they are not but IMO, it doesn't seem likely.
I saw that too on Sox game ,Bruins will need to get rd Thomas to free up some cash or include him which i like beter,,Nash be one heck of a player to add to the team if they can leave roster intact,

Old
07-06-2012, 10:55 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21 View Post
Lol. Sox vs NYY games are so long.
Approaching the four hour mark.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:00 PM
8thRoundPick

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...-s-trade-list#

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/

I didn't feel this needed it's own thread, as it's just further conjecture regarding Nash. Aaron Portzline is stating that Boston is one of Nash's preferred destinations.

Since Howson's demands are guessed to be high (article speculates 2 nhl ready players, 2 blue chip prospects and a high draft pick). With that in mind, anyone care to determine what it would have to look like in terms of a trade?

It may not be the best deal Howson can get, but I would offer;

Krejci
Caron
Subban
1st round pick

Still, very substantial offer. Would still likely need to dump Thomas in order for the deal to work.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post

I didn't feel this needed it's own thread, as it's just further conjecture regarding Nash. Aaron Portzline is stating that Boston is one of Nash's preferred destinations.

Since Howson's demands are guessed to be high (article speculates 2 nhl ready players, 2 blue chip prospects and a high draft pick). With that in mind, anyone care to determine what it would have to look like in terms of a trade?

Krejci
Caron
Subban
1st round pick

Still, very substantial offer. Would still likely need to dump Thomas in order for the deal to work.
I think it'll take more than that to get Nash.

IMO the only way the Bruins get him is to include Hamilton, Lucic or Rask, and it's obvious most of them would be a tough pill to swallow, or impossible, for Boston to do. They could probably center it on Krejci but then they'd have to give up multiple quality prospects, like Spooner and Knight for example, to have a good chance, and I'm not sure they can do that.

I just don't see how this works unless Columbus really lowers their demands, and that would seem to open the door for even more competition.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post

IMO the only way the Bruins get him is to include Hamilton, Lucic or Rask, and it's obvious most of them would be a tough pill to swallow, or impossible, for Boston to do. They could probably center it on Krejci but then they'd have to give up multiple quality prospects, like Spooner and Knight for example, to have a good chance, and I'm not sure they can do that.

I just don't see how this works unless Columbus really lowers their demands, and that would seem to open the door for even more competition.
I think hanging it on Krejci will help eliminate other offers. Howson needs to move Nash, teams don't need to acquire him, the price should drop substantially.

I approach it by saying add what you want to Dubinsky, he's no Krejci. They can add JT Miller, Christian Thomas, Tim Erixon, a 1st but none of that changes the fact that the roster player you're getting back is Brandon Dubinsky. There's a substantial difference between he and Krejci and if Columbus is looking to improve now and build through the middle Krejci should be far far more enticing. Add Caron, a high end prospect like Knight OR Spooner, and a 1st and that's as high as I go. In fact, might even try to make them take Thomas if that were the case.

Otherwise, screw it, let Howson trade him to the Rangers or San Jose (preferably) for more mediocrity and look else where to improve. Sharks don't part with a guy like Couture... maybe Marleau turns Columbus' crank though but I somehow doubt he waives his NMC to go and help out the Jackets.

That said, god knows with Howson, he's never really been known to make the smart decision.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Krejci
Caron
Subban
1st round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I think hanging it on Krejci will help eliminate other offers. Howson needs to move Nash, teams don't need to acquire him, the price should drop substantially.

I approach it by saying add what you want to Dubinsky, he's no Krejci. They can add JT Miller, Christian Thomas, Tim Erixon, a 1st but none of that changes the fact that the roster player you're getting back is Brandon Dubinsky. There's a substantial difference between he and Krejci and if Columbus is looking to improve now and build through the middle Krejci should be far far more enticing. Add Caron, a high end prospect like Knight OR Spooner, and a 1st and that's as high as I go. In fact, might even try to make them take Thomas if that were the case.

Otherwise, screw it, let Howson trade him to the Rangers or San Jose (preferably) for more mediocrity and look else where to improve. Sharks don't part with a guy like Couture... maybe Marleau turns Columbus' crank though but I somehow doubt he waives his NMC to go and help out the Jackets.

That said, god knows with Howson, he's never really been known to make the smart decision.
No way the Jackets get a package as good as that for Nash IMO. The Rangers package is about as good as they can hope for...

Best I would offer would be

Krejci
Thomas (would make them take him)
Caron or Spooner
2013 2nd.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
No way the Jackets get a package as good as that for Nash IMO. The Rangers package is about as good as they can hope for...

Krejci
Caron or Spooner
2013 2nd.
You may very well be right Whammer, that reported package from the Rangers came before Howson torched his bridges with Rick Nash. I wouldn't be surprised if the offer from the Rangers dropped even more. Regardless, they hang it on Dubinsky. Start with Krejci and it should better it right off the hop.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

Krejci
Caron or Spooner
2013 2nd.
exactly Howson blew his chance to get a giant return for Nash. No chance he gets dealt for a significant package. I'd do that package you proposed but i'm still on the fence about Nash.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:55 PM
8thRoundPick

I certainly understand everyone's push-back on giving into Howson's initial demand. I also agree with Kaoz, Krejci should be much more enticing to CLB as someone to center the package around.

The one idea that was floating in my head, what could put this offer at the top of the heap bar none, is adding in Malcolm Subban. CLB has Bobrovsky / Mason for the immediate term, but nothing of too much note down the pipeline. The package I initially mentioned may be too strong as some of you identified, but a package including Krejci + Subban + prospect + pick would identify at least 2 of CLB's long term needs (top line C, future goaltender).

Old
07-10-2012, 03:00 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
I certainly understand everyone's push-back on giving into Howson's initial demand. I also agree with Kaoz, Krejci should be much more enticing to CLB as someone to center the package around.

The one idea that was floating in my head, what could put this offer at the top of the heap bar none, is adding in Malcolm Subban. CLB has Bobrovsky / Mason for the immediate term, but nothing of too much note down the pipeline. The package I initially mentioned may be too strong as some of you identified, but a package including Krejci + Subban + prospect + pick would identify at least 2 of CLB's long term needs (top line C, future goaltender).
If it's a prospect like Spooner to go along with Krejci and Subban, I don't even offer them a pick. That should be more than enough for the Bruins as far as what they're willing to spend. Krejci/Spooner/Subban is good enough to offer for Nash, if they won't accept that then I think you can count us out getting Nash. I doubt a Boston first would hold a ton of value anyway, considering we're like to be picking in the bottom of the first unless something drastic happens.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
I feel like there's a better chance of Mike Tyson piloting the space shuttle, than there is of us landing Rick Nash.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
rickizbruin

How can anyone doubt how good Nash is. ? He plays in columbus with a bunch of stiffs and still plays great. Watch him on the international level where he plays with the best players in the game and looks right at home. the kid is a stud forward and game difference maker. without looking - who is on his line in columbus ??

Giving up krej (as much as i would hate to cause i like him as a player) would still benefit the bruins. throw in Caron, spooner, 1st round pick and if they want thomas for the cap room great.. serves us wonderfuly.. if not.. throw in suban...

if you look at the age of the forwards on the roster now (Luc, horts, bergy. segs. march.).. the rest would be third liners for the next 5 yrs at least... and nash.. woudlnt

get er done !!!

Old
07-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Any deal that involves Hamilton for Nash is laughable, zip chance Hamilton gets traded.

Hamilton fits in perfectly with the future of this team, also we are gonna need a player like Hamilton much more in the future than we would need Nash.

I would even have a hard time trading Lucic straight up for Nash, Lucic stats aren't that far off from Nash's stats the past two years and not looking at TOI, I bet Nash gets a ton more minutes.

Nash is the most overrated player on this board, don't get the love for him and his 7.8 cap hit and signed for 6 more years for his 70 points year in and year out.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You may very well be right Whammer, that reported package from the Rangers came before Howson torched his bridges with Rick Nash. I wouldn't be surprised if the offer from the Rangers dropped even more. Regardless, they hang it on Dubinsky. Start with Krejci and it should better it right off the hop.
I like Dubinsky, but right you are, Krejci is FAR above that... I like we are all going to laugh about the Nash return because Howson is ****in terrible...

Old
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I feel like there's a better chance of Mike Tyson piloting the space shuttle, than there is of us landing Rick Nash.
And the space shuttles are retired

Closed Thread