HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan is "available" Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 04:50 AM
heartsabres*

vCash: 500
Why dont we start with the teams that are interested in Bobby Ryan?

Sabres

Old
06-21-2012, 05:00 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Why dont we start with the teams that are interested in Bobby Ryan?

Sabres
I suppose any team not in a rebuild is interested in a guy like Ryan. IMO he is close in talent to Nash and on a better contract. Question is are you willing to overpay for the guy and do you have the assets to make a deal. Neither questions can be answered by anyone on HF I believe.

And one thing is clear IMO: You would have to give up at least 1 asset that fans would probably declare "untouchables". Because frankly, Ryan is an "untouchable" whom we are putting out there to see that that kind of players he would bring back.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:10 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
I suppose any team not in a rebuild is interested in a guy like Ryan. IMO he is close in talent to Nash and on a better contract. Question is are you willing to overpay for the guy and do you have the assets to make a deal. Neither questions can be answered by anyone on HF I believe.

And one thing is clear IMO: You would have to give up at least 1 asset that fans would probably declare "untouchables". Because frankly, Ryan is an "untouchable" whom we are putting out there to see that that kind of players he would bring back.
Lmao, by definition he is not.

Buffalo has lots of peices and Aneheim is interested in Buffalo´s peices as they had scouts at many Buffalo Games.

I could see one of Roy or Stafford go the other way to replace the offence but before you freak out it would be based around McNabb or Armia who has the potential to be better then Ryan.

I could see Roy or Stafford, McNabb or Armia, Adam a First and a second I am sure it would get the deal done
Roy or Stafford
Armia or McNabb(potential top pairing, hits, mean, fights and produces offence)
Adam
12th overall
Second

I would be hesitant to trade McNabb for Ryan, in two years he will be equally as good
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...showAllMoves=1

Last edited by heartsabres*: 06-21-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old
06-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Lmao, by definition he is not.

Buffalo has lots of peices and Aneheim is interested in Buffalo´s peices as they had scouts at many Buffalo Games.

I could see one of Roy or Stafford go the other way to replace the offence but before you freak out it would be based around McNabb or Armia who has the potential to be better then Ryan.

I could see Roy or Stafford, McNabb or Armia, Adam a First and a second I am sure it would get the deal done
Roy or Stafford
Armia or McNabb
Adam
12th overall
Second
I guarantee you, the only real untouchables in the NHL are Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Stamkos. Any other player is tradeable of the right price.

I would think that Stafford given his contract status is the more likely choice. And there is no reason to freak out at all. I think this is a very good offer. Question for me is - since I hardly see the Sabres play - how far are Adam/Armia/McNabb away from being NHL regulars?

Old
06-21-2012, 05:20 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
I guarantee you, the only real untouchables in the NHL are Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Stamkos. Any other player is tradeable of the right price.

I would think that Stafford given his contract status is the more likely choice. And there is no reason to freak out at all. I think this is a very good offer. Question for me is - since I hardly see the Sabres play - how far are Adam/Armia/McNabb away from being NHL regulars?
Adam this year, McNabb is a top 4 already I sent you the link and Armia has one more year but he is under contract and signed an ELC last week.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:21 AM
flyerfanish

Quote:

I'd say Giroux is more untouchable than Ovechkin.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:23 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanish View Post
I'd say Giroux is more untouchable than Ovechkin.
Seriously dude? This is a Bobby Ryan thread, your opinion who is untouchable is another thread.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Adam this year, McNabb is a top 4 already I sent you the link and Armia has one more year but he is under contract and signed an ELC last year.
I see. Well like I said before, I think

Quote:
Stafford
McNabb
Adam
12th overall
Second (2013?)

for

Ryan
is a very good offer. Doubt that Ducks would (realistically) get much more value for Ryan especially considering our own limitations (cap).

Old
06-21-2012, 05:26 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
I see. Well like I said before, I think

is a very good offer. Doubt that Ducks would (realistically) get much more value for Ryan especially considering our own limitations (cap).
Stafford is a consistant 20 goal scorer and Ryan is a 30.

I think 12th Adam, and McNabb might be too much I know Regier would never trade that much

Old
06-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Stafford is a consistant 20 goal scorer and Ryan is a 30.

I think 12th Adam, and McNabb might be too much I know Regier would never trade that much
Like I said before, for a guy like Ryan - whom we are more than happy to keep - you would proabably have to do a deal you aren't 100% happy with. Lot of factors weigh into that decision. For instance how bad does you new owner want your GM to improve the team by adding a star player? Lots of behind the scences stuff going on I imagine. Same with the Ducks. Could be that Ducks GM Bob Murray gets this offer and wants to take it - but owners forbid it, because they like having Ryan on the team. You never know.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:38 AM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
This is really getting annoying. Difference between Krejci and Ryan isn't Hamilton.
No doubt !! Hes not Steve Stamkos .... morons maybe watch krejci before you open your mouth and then you want too add the best defencemen not in the NHL ....WOW ... just brutal Peter Chairelli would just laugh !!

Old
06-21-2012, 05:38 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Like I said before, for a guy like Ryan - whom we are more than happy to keep - you would proabably have to do a deal you aren't 100% happy with. Lot of factors weigh into that decision. For instance how bad does you new owner want your GM to improve the team by adding a star player? Lots of behind the scences stuff going on I imagine. Same with the Ducks. Could be that Ducks GM Bob Murray gets this offer and wants to take it - but owners forbid it, because they like having Ryan on the team. You never know.
Adding the best player does not always mean you are improving your team. To be honest I think McNabb and Armia has the potential to be as good as Ryan. A deal you are happy with and the value HFboard members value their players is at time ridiculous.

Armia and 12th or
Stafford, Adam, 12th

This is what I see as equal value

The fact that Stafford, McNabb, Adam, 12th overall and the second round pick is only a "good" offer means you are way off in what you think is fair. That deal is good enough to Get Getzlaf

PS. If the ducks(not you) were so happy then why are there ears open?

Old
06-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Adding the best player does not always mean you are improving your team. To be honest I think McNabb and Armia has the potential to be as good as Ryan. A deal you are happy with and the value HFboard members value their players is at time ridiculous.

Armia and 12th or
Stafford, Adam, 12th

This is what I see as equal value

The fact that Stafford, McNabb, Adam, 12th overall and the second round pick is only a "good" offer means you are way off in what you think is fair. That deal is good enough to Get Getzlaf

PS. If the ducks(not you) were so happy then why are there ears open?
As said before, we are all ears, because trading him could be a shortcut in order to add depth to the organisation. But we are in no need to trade him. He is a superb player, has no off ice issues and loves it in Anaheim. Fans love him and his cap is great. As a matter of fact - Rumor has it he was not traded last season because the owners of the Ducks forbid it. Hence we got the new coach.

Potential does not equal proven. Both sides take risks in such a trade. Will those prospects pan out to be quality NHL players? Maybe. Nobody knows. They are only projections. Ryan on the other hand is a proven multple 30 goal scorer, who doesn't even have 1st PP unit time. And Ryan hasn't hit his prime yet.

PS: And I said very good offer. Not sure what more you want from me there.

EDIT: People need to realize that the pricetag of a player is based on multiple variables. Does he want a trade? Does the team need to trade him? How high is his cap? How long is his contract? In what stage of his career is he? How many teams are interested? How desperate are those teams? How much pressure is there on the GM to make a blockbuster deal?

All those variables factor into the price.

If I were the GM of the Flyers I'd have considerable interest. Ryan + Giroux? As a hockey fan, I'd love to see that.

Last edited by Unagi: 06-21-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old
06-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Then Avs fans are convincing liars.
And which Avs fans are that? Avs aren't trading Duchene.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Why would they? Its not like C like Duchene fall from trees. Avs are very lucky to have him. Hope you guys will do well in the future. Very likeable team and cool jerseys

And a Duchene for Ryan swap makes no sense for either team.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Why would they? Its not like C like Duchene fall from trees. Avs are very lucky to have him. Hope you guys will do well in the future. Very likeable team and cool jerseys

And a Duchene for Ryan swap makes no sense for either team.
Exactly. I mean, I would love to have Ryan on our team, but we really aren't in a position to trade something for Ryan that would make sense for the Ducks as well.

And thanks for you good wishes.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:46 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

Adam and McNabb are very close to NHL-ready. Adam started the season with Buffalo and scored 10-10-20 through 56 or so games..He started hot and then cooled off, eventually getting sent down to Rochester. McNabb played around 25 games for Buffalo, and did very well. He's big, finishes his checks, and he has decent offensive upside as well. Armia is a year or 2 off (at least 1 because he has to finish his contract with Porin Assat in Europe and complete his mandatory military service, which goes until December -- note: his service will not make him miss any games)).
imo, he would probably benefit from at least a couple months in the AHL after coming to N America to adjust to the size of the game over here, though Regier said recently he expects Armia to challenge for a roster spot right out of camp next year.

I would rather deal Sekera than McNabb just because McNabb's skill set is unique in Buffalo's system. We have lots of mobile PMD, but he's the only big physical guy we have besides Regehr. What about:
Stafford (4mil)
Armia (ELC)
Sekera (2.75mil)
2012 2nd rounder (42nd overall)

for

Ryan
+ a bit of a cap dump (Lydman?)

ETA: gives the Ducks 2 roster players similar to Ryan's age, ie: still pretty young, entering their prime years -- one who can offset the loss of Ryan with his scoring, and a great shutdown PMD -- Buffalo's top offensive prospect, and a pick.

Last edited by tsujimoto74: 06-21-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old
06-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Adam and McNabb are very close to NHL-ready. Adam started the season with Buffalo and scored 10-10-20 through 56 or so games..He started hot and then cooled off, eventually getting sent down to Rochester. McNabb played around 25 games for Buffalo, and did very well. He's big, finishes his checks, and he has decent offensive upside as well. Armia is a year or 2 off (at least 1 because he has to finish his contract with Porin Assat in Europe and complete his mandatory military service, which goes until December -- note: his service will not make him miss any games)).
imo, he would probably benefit from at least a couple months in the AHL after coming to N America to adjust to the size of the game over here, though Regier said recently he expects Armia to challenge for a roster spot right out of camp next year.

I would rather deal Sekera than McNabb just because McNabb's skill set is unique in Buffalo's system. We have lots of mobile PMD, but he's the only big physical guy we have besides Regehr. What about:
Stafford (4mil)
Armia (ELC)
Sekera (2.75mil)
2012 2nd (42nd overall)

for

Ryan
+ a bit of a cap dump (Lydman?)
Want nothing to do with Stafford. Streaky guy who doesnt bring much else to the table. He c annot be the centerpiece.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
No. To both Staal's actually.

Jordan is not signed, so not even remotely close to worth it. Mckenzie even said teams won't give up big for upcoming FA.

Marc is not a top defenseman. Would love to have him, but he's not a must. If Ryan is going to be
moved for a defenseman, it will be
someone like weber.
Someone like weber? So weber or Chara. Those are the only comparables. You overrated Bobby in a big way. Marc staal is a top
Defenseman. Pay attention to what's happening on this coast.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Bardof425*

ryanQUOTE=OccupySheen;51171821]yet he is better than all of them[/QUOTE]

There is no chance i would trade Mcd straight up for Ryan. So, in other words, he's not better than all of them.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
From the last dozen threads started by Avs fans asking for Ryan? Hell, the person I was responding to, how about we start there?

Old
06-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:

I would think that Stafford given his contract status is the more likely choice. And there is no reason to
freak out at all. I think this is a very
good offer. Question for me is -
since I hardly see the Sabres play
- how far are Adam/Armia/McNabb
away from being NHL regulars?
Lundvquist and quick are untouchable as well.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:15 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Want nothing to do with Stafford. Streaky guy who doesnt bring much else to the table. He c annot be the centerpiece.
Stafford is not nearly as big a downgrade from Ryan as you're acting like. He's still good for 50-60 points and 20-30 goals. In addition to that, you'd get a significant upgrade on defense from Lydman in every way possible (age, ability, contract - both term and cap hit), a prospect who projects as a first line sniper, and a pick. That is more than fair value.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
From the last dozen threads started by Avs fans asking for Ryan? Hell, the person I was responding to, how about we start there?
You mean the last dozen threads in which a few Avs fans bring up Duchene because of their short-sightedness while the vast majority of Avs fans denies any possibility of Duchene getting moved for Ryan (and any other winger, who's supposedly on the market)?

Old
06-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
You mean the last dozen threads in which a few Avs fans bring up Duchene because of their short-sightedness while the vast majority of Avs fans denies any possibility of Duchene getting moved for Ryan (and any other winger, who's supposedly on the market)?
Yes, send all further complaints to them. Thanks.

Closed Thread