HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan is "available" Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 06:12 PM
  #926
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Ducks fans:

My last proposal was received with mix results for Bobby Ryan.

After reading through the list of players our GM has deemed untouchable I put together a proposal I want to get an opinion on.


Artem Anisimov
Carl Hagelin (or prospect)
MDZ
1st Round Pick


Bobby Ryan

I know originally MDZ wasn't really needed on your team, but it appears there's a spot now with Lubo gone. Artie can be a good 2nd line center, and Hagelin is one of the fastest guys on our team that is a good grinder and can score 15-20 goals.

Does that interest you at all?
I wouldn't be THRILLED losing both AA and Hags, BUT I think it's fair.

GregSirico is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:12 PM
  #927
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Ducks fans:

My last proposal was received with mix results for Bobby Ryan.

After reading through the list of players our GM has deemed untouchable I put together a proposal I want to get an opinion on.


Artem Anisimov
Carl Hagelin (or prospect)
MDZ
1st Round Pick


Bobby Ryan

I know originally MDZ wasn't really needed on your team, but it appears there's a spot now with Lubo gone. Artie can be a good 2nd line center, and Hagelin is one of the fastest guys on our team that is a good grinder and can score 15-20 goals.

Does that interest you at all?
No way the Ducks touch that. Even with the Visnovsky trade, MDZ is not going to be the center piece in a deal for Ryan.

jax00 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:12 PM
  #928
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei
 
Doothpick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post


Artem Anisimov
Carl Hagelin (or prospect)
MDZ
1st Round Pick


Bobby Ryan

Does that interest you at all?
Great value IMO and as a Ducks fan I'd be thrilled with that kind of a return for Ryan.

Doothpick is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:13 PM
  #929
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Luke Adam + Joel Armia + Mark Pysyk+ 2013 1st

For

Bobby Ryan

It's definitely overpayment but you have to give to get.

Layne Staley is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:14 PM
  #930
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Ducks fans:

My last proposal was received with mix results for Bobby Ryan.

After reading through the list of players our GM has deemed untouchable I put together a proposal I want to get an opinion on.


Artem Anisimov
Carl Hagelin (or prospect)
MDZ
1st Round Pick


Bobby Ryan

I know originally MDZ wasn't really needed on your team, but it appears there's a spot now with Lubo gone. Artie can be a good 2nd line center, and Hagelin is one of the fastest guys on our team that is a good grinder and can score 15-20 goals.

Does that interest you at all?
As a Rangers fan, I think this is an overpayment. They are not taking back salary. They said they wanted a 2C and top 4 D + pick.
If we add Hagelin, I want Rakell back.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:14 PM
  #931
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
No way the Ducks touch that. Even with the Visnovsky trade, MDZ is not going to be the center piece in a deal for Ryan.
You are NUTS, that is an EXCELLENT return for Ryan ... I would be very upset as a Rangers fan.

GregSirico is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:15 PM
  #932
Dick Grayson
Registered User
 
Dick Grayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Luke Adam + Joel Armia + Mark Pysyk+ 2013 1st

For

Bobby Ryan

It's definitely overpayment but you have to give to get.
That's a huge overpayment. Deal from Ottawa.

Dick Grayson is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:15 PM
  #933
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
As a Rangers fan, I think this is an overpayment. They are not taking back salary. They said they wanted a 2C and top 4 D + pick.
If we add Hagelin, I want Rakell back.
I actually think it's kind of "fair" based on the fact that he can be traded ANYWHERE and his contract is VERY reasonable ... however I will be very upset to lose BOTH Hags and AA.

GregSirico is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:16 PM
  #934
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
I'd much rather lose AA and Hags then lose Stepan.

I think we have the pieces to replace those two. Stepan on the other hand, not so much.

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:18 PM
  #935
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
You are NUTS, that is an EXCELLENT return for Ryan ... I would be very upset as a Rangers fan.
It is an excellent return...but the Ducks are still better off just keeping him. They got rid of Visnovsky to make room for Vatanen and likely an FA, not so they could acquire MDZ.
And Anisimov and Hagelin are nice pieces, but nothing worth moving Ryan over. Murray won't move him to NYR unless they're getting Staal or Stepan.

EDIT:
And look at that Buffalo offer just posted. That's a better offer IMO. I gotta think if that was the Ranger's best offer it would be topped rather easily.

jax00 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:18 PM
  #936
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
IMO We won't see any movement in the Bobby Ryan story until Zach Parise is signed. Rangers and Flyers will go hard after him first IMO.

Unagi is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
  #937
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Luke Adam + Joel Armia + Mark Pysyk+ 2013 1st

For

Bobby Ryan

It's definitely overpayment but you have to give to get.

Again, we want NHL players not prospects.

Unagi is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:23 PM
  #938
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
IMO We won't see any movement in the Bobby Ryan story until Zach Parise is signed. Rangers and Flyers will go hard after him first IMO.
Zach is not going to NY.

GregSirico is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:27 PM
  #939
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Zach is not going to NY.
Doesn't mean you guys won't try and sign him.

Unagi is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
  #940
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,358
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
No way the Ducks touch that. Even with the Visnovsky trade, MDZ is not going to be the center piece in a deal for Ryan.
Three NHL players and a 1st is an incredibly good return for Ryan. That trade is too rich for my blood.

Quote:
And look at that Buffalo offer just posted. That's a better offer IMO. I gotta think if that was the Ranger's best offer it would be topped rather easily.
No, it really isn't. As someone who really does follow Buffalo quite a bit, I can tell you that offer is not even close to addressing what you guys said your needs are. It's a package full of futures, while here you get 3 proven NHL players. MDZ is very likely to be more valuable than any of those two player combined.

iamitter is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
  #941
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Zach is not going to NY.
Damn right...

He and Sutter are going to Anaheim

Gliff is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
  #942
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Doesn't mean you guys won't try and sign him.
Negotiating ploy for Ryan/Nash imo. There's no way we actually try to sign him imo.

And I don't want him anyways.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:32 PM
  #943
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Negotiating ploy for Ryan/Nash imo. There's no way we actually try to sign him imo.

And I don't want him anyways.
This! He will be vastly overpaid by either NJ, PITT, MIN, or DET.

GregSirico is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:33 PM
  #944
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Negotiating ploy for Ryan/Nash imo. There's no way we actually try to sign him imo.

And I don't want him anyways.
Very true IMO. But your GM still has to go after the big UFA this summer. Simpy because of the market he has to be involved. Owners will be curious too why Rangers wouldnt talk to a guy like Parise.

@gliff: It's Suter. And no way in hell. No UFA signs in ANA unless he has a brother here.

Unagi is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:34 PM
  #945
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
It is an excellent return...but the Ducks are still better off just keeping him. They got rid of Visnovsky to make room for Vatanen and likely an FA, not so they could acquire MDZ.
And Anisimov and Hagelin are nice pieces, but nothing worth moving Ryan over. Murray won't move him to NYR unless they're getting Staal or Stepan.

EDIT:
And look at that Buffalo offer just posted. That's a better offer IMO. I gotta think if that was the Ranger's best offer it would be topped rather easily.
That sound you hear is the phone being hang up.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:36 PM
  #946
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
I just think there's a deal to be made around the players I offered. It could very well be the start of something and even if you look at it compared to other deals it's a solid return.

Let's face it, if you're dealing a player like Bobby Ryan you're never going to get equal value. It just doesn't happen. This offer adds 3-4 good pieces and increases Anaheim's depth.

I hope ANA and the Rangers can work something out here. Ryan is my favorite non-Ranger in the entire league.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:37 PM
  #947
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
That sound you hear is the phone being hang up.
Music to my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I just think there's a deal to be made around the players I offered. It could very well be the start of something and even if you look at it compared to other deals it's a solid return.

Let's face it, if you're dealing a player like Bobby Ryan you're never going to get equal value. It just doesn't happen. This offer adds 3-4 good pieces and increases Anaheim's depth.

I hope ANA and the Rangers can work something out here. Ryan is my favorite non-Ranger in the entire league.
Then why trade him? They are under no pressure to do so, even with his comments yesterday.

jax00 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:39 PM
  #948
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,716
vCash: 500
If Parise gets 8 mil this year then I cringe as to what Perry will be offered next year...

Gliff is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:39 PM
  #949
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I just think there's a deal to be made around the players I offered. It could very well be the start of something and even if you look at it compared to other deals it's a solid return.

Let's face it, if you're dealing a player like Bobby Ryan you're never going to get equal value. It just doesn't happen. This offer adds 3-4 good pieces and increases Anaheim's depth.

I hope ANA and the Rangers can work something out here. Ryan is my favorite non-Ranger in the entire league.
True, but to get a player like Ryan you will have to give up someone you don't want to give up. You don't get Ryan-calibre players for cap dumps and players you are annoyed with.

Unagi is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:41 PM
  #950
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
If Parise gets 8 mil this year then I cringe as to what Perry will be offered next year...
Perry is a winner. He wants to win. Watch for him to walk next summer. Getzlaf stays. For many reasons: mainly because he is so lazy on the ice, he'll be too lazy to move.

Unagi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.