HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Xbox 360] Official PIT Board GM Connected League for NHL 13 (All discussion here)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2012, 01:19 PM
  #376
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
So, have we decided how we want to run this thing?

I'm saying we do it on a 3 day tick. That'll give people 3 days to play one or two games. You get on one night and play 2 games, that'll take you like 30-50 minutes, max. If we plan on doing a two week tick, I'm not sure I'm gonna stick around. That means over 14 days, you'll need to play roughly 2-6 games. Thats just a recipe for an inactive league.

Let me know, bc I'm ready to get this thing going. For those that aren't able to get the game yet, DL the app and maybe you can join that way and just sim your first few games.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:24 PM
  #377
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 34,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
So, have we decided how we want to run this thing?

I'm saying we do it on a 3 day tick. That'll give people 3 days to play one or two games. You get on one night and play 2 games, that'll take you like 30-50 minutes, max. If we plan on doing a two week tick, I'm not sure I'm gonna stick around. That means over 14 days, you'll need to play roughly 2-6 games. Thats just a recipe for an inactive league.

Let me know, bc I'm ready to get this thing going. For those that aren't able to get the game yet, DL the app and maybe you can join that way and just sim your first few games.
I don't think that's how it works. The 3 day, 1 week, 2 week option is how many games are available at once. It looks like its completely up to the Commish to advance to the next block of games. So the only difference between 3 days and 2 weeks is how many games are available at once. It shouldn't change how often you need to play games at all. The commish could advance through the entire first season today if they wanted.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:30 PM
  #378
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
I've been playing the last few days. I started a GM Connected to see how it would work.

I picked one week ticks. That means, it takes the first week of the schedule and you play all the games that land in that one week period, which for the Sharks, is two games. That means, I have 7 days to play 2 games.

For an active league, three days is way more than enough, once you factor in it really only takes about 30 minutes to play two games. I don't know many people that are going to get on the game, play one GM Connected game, then want to go do something else. If we're playing on 1 or 2 week ticks, it's gonna take forever.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:33 PM
  #379
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 34,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
I've been playing the last few days. I started a GM Connected to see how it would work.

I picked one week ticks. That means, it takes the first week of the schedule and you play all the games that land in that one week period, which for the Sharks, is two games. That means, I have 7 days to play 2 games.

For an active league, three days is way more than enough, once you factor in it really only takes about 30 minutes to play two games. I don't know many people that are going to get on the game, play one GM Connected game, then want to go do something else. If we're playing on 1 or 2 week ticks, it's gonna take forever.
I'm in right now. That is not what it means. Setting it to one week means you have the option of playing any games that fall in that week of the NHL schedule. Set it to two weeks and you'll have 4 games. Set it to 3 days and you'll probably have 1. It has nothing to do with the real time from what I can tell. The Commish advances to the next week (or 3 days or 2 weeks) whenever he wants. I am in week 3 of my league that I set up an hour ago and its set at 2 week blocks.

What that option does is make sure people don't get too far apart from each other on the schedule. It also allows things like free agent pickups and injury updates to happen at different rates because anything time dependent will only ever happen while you are advancing.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:36 PM
  #380
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
Yea, the commish can advance any time he wants, but if he doesn't manually advance the schedule, it advances on its own, every two weeks, assuming the ticks been set to that.

If we plan on doing it manually, then yea, I'm all for the 2 week ticks, bc it does make more games available, but if we're not doing manual advancements, I think we should go with 1 week ticks at the most.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:43 PM
  #381
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 34,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
Yea, the commish can advance any time he wants, but if he doesn't manually advance the schedule, it advances on its own, every two weeks, assuming the ticks been set to that.

If we plan on doing it manually, then yea, I'm all for the 2 week ticks, bc it does make more games available, but if we're not doing manual advancements, I think we should go with 1 week ticks at the most.
Oh so it will advance on its own? That part I didn't know. I'm running the PS3 version of this thread, so I'm trying to figure out exactly how we want to run it.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:52 PM
  #382
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
Another thing I said earlier that might've blown by the wayside - lets say you play in a league with 2 week ticks. Then, lets say you make a trade on day one of those 14 days. You won't receive your new player until the current period is over. So, if you're playing in a 2 week league that isn't doing manual advancements, you're going to have to wait 2 weeks for you're player to arrive. If you're playing 3 day ticks, you only have to wait 3 days, as opposed to 14. But, this is all moot if we're doing manual advancements.

I was thinking we should make the league, everyone sign up, then we make our trades, then we sim the first gaming period so everyone has their new players, etc.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:57 PM
  #383
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
Oh, and everyone with a smartphone, GET THIS!!!!

http://www.easports.com/nhl/feature/mobile

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:10 PM
  #384
Epic Neal Time
Registered User
 
Epic Neal Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Anyone else think they'll have the time to run this? I don't know if I have the time to keep up with everything. If anyone wants the reins, they're yours for the taking. I just want the league to be the best it can be, no matter who's in charge.

Epic Neal Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:12 PM
  #385
Epic Neal Time
Registered User
 
Epic Neal Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
I'd rather do auto advances with 3 sim periods. Anyone disagree?

Epic Neal Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:42 PM
  #386
gdsmack267
Registered User
 
gdsmack267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,585
vCash: 500
I am dropping out. I had the devils so they are up for grabs

gdsmack267 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:43 PM
  #387
Ominous Grey
Registered User
 
Ominous Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Just got the game and it's legit as hell. Someone needs to send me a request to join the GM Connected league. I think the first order of business should be getting everyone together and set with their team.


Is the online laggy for anyone else? It's crazy choppy for me. Maybe just the servers buckling under first-day pressure. (That's my hope, anyway.)

Ominous Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM
  #388
pensfansince88
Registered User
 
pensfansince88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
amazon says shipping soon..that stinks..i thought it would ship by last friday so i get it on time. they suck.

pensfansince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
  #389
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
I'll handle making the league and everything for now. I'll get it league up. I'll post back with the name, and then we'll figure out how to get everyone signed up, from there.

I'm in the xbox live beta testing though and I'm having to DL an update to XBL. It might take a minute.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:16 PM
  #390
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 500
Servers are not being to kind as of right now?

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:16 PM
  #391
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
The name of the league is...

Pens HF Board

I'm not going to bother to send out 29 FR, so it will be your responsibility to get on and search for that league name and send a request to join. From there, I'll get a message with your request. For now, I'm putting this on a 3 day period so once everyone joins, we can make our trades and get to the next period quicker, where we will receive our new guys. Then, depending on how this works (auto vs manual advancement periods) we can either keep it or change it to two weeks.

I also turned CPU trading off. I did this so they don't attempt to make trades before they're occupied. Once we get everyone on board, I'll turn it back on, that way if people decide to drop out, their old team will still be able to operate.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
  #392
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Servers are not being to kind as of right now?
No they aren't lol. This is to be expected every time with this game though the first few nights haha.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:31 PM
  #393
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 500
I sent the join request and a friend request.

My GT: VX S m o k e 14

If anyone sends a request, please state that you are a part of the GM connected league. Thanks!

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:25 PM
  #394
aSockalypse
Registered User
 
aSockalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
The name of the league is...

Pens HF Board

I'm not going to bother to send out 29 FR, so it will be your responsibility to get on and search for that league name and send a request to join. From there, I'll get a message with your request. For now, I'm putting this on a 3 day period so once everyone joins, we can make our trades and get to the next period quicker, where we will receive our new guys. Then, depending on how this works (auto vs manual advancement periods) we can either keep it or change it to two weeks.

I also turned CPU trading off. I did this so they don't attempt to make trades before they're occupied. Once we get everyone on board, I'll turn it back on, that way if people decide to drop out, their old team will still be able to operate.
Sending a request right now, just a heads up, my GT on the first page isn't correct so it will be coming from aSockalypse, not sacco12

Also, if anyone wants to play/start a club you can add me, I'm down!

aSockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:59 PM
  #395
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
We should start a new thread, but we before we do, someone artistic should make us a sweet graphic to headline at the top of the page. I'm thinking something like the HUT logo...



But have it say something like this


GM
Pens HF Board
Connected

Maybe have the league name on a banner and then GM above it and Connected under it. Spit balling here lol... I'm not that creative. Someone make it happen!!!

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:03 PM
  #396
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
I have a request to join from Flashpoint IX and be the GM of the Blues. I don't see that name in the original post, so I'm not doing anything with it until it's confirmed to be one of you.


Also, I went ahead and made a new thread so I could have control over editing the first post, since I'm now running the league for us.


Last edited by M0NTY26: 09-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.
M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:40 PM
  #397
BuriesIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
I have a request to join from Flashpoint IX and be the GM of the Blues. I don't see that name in the original post, so I'm not doing anything with it until it's confirmed to be one of you.


Also, I went ahead and made a new thread so I could have control over editing the first post, since I'm now running the league for us.
I noticed in the other thread that the GM of the Canucks dropped out. I'd definitely be interested in taking over for him. Just got the game yesterday.

GT: Kohlii

BuriesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 04:27 PM
  #398
Tafkak
Registered User
 
Tafkak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Saginaw, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,412
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tafkak
Edit: Whoops! Figures I would post it in the old thread.

Tafkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:58 AM
  #399
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,261
vCash: 500
Just got the game yesterday and would love to join the league!

I see in the other thread that Boston and Edmonton haven't confirmed and I'd take one of those spots... Have there been any other requests for those teams yet? If so which ones are still officially open?

Cheers, PS my username is jalapeno-peppa

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:28 PM
  #400
spanakopita
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: VanCity
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Can I join as carolina-gt:spanakopi7a

spanakopita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.