HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

[Xbox 360] Official PIT Board GM Connected League for NHL 13 (All discussion here)

Old
06-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Epic Neal Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
I'll take the Caps then, that means I'll have to trade Ovie if I ever want to win in the playoffs though.
Someone came in and took the Caps before you posted, so I gave you the Canes. I hope that's okay haha.

Epic Neal Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Jeremyisgood

I have a friend that isn't registered here, but lurks that would like to play. Can he be Calgary?

Jeremyisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:10 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyisgood View Post
I have a friend that isn't registered here, but lurks that would like to play. Can he be Calgary?
I am not accusing you of anything whatsoever but how can we, the other GM's, be sure that you aren't cheating and giving yourself players, from Calgary? (Although there is nothing to even obtain from that franchise...)

Again, not accusing you. Simply making sure.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
I am not accusing you of anything whatsoever but how can we, the other GM's, be sure that you aren't cheating and giving yourself players, from Calgary? (Although there is nothing to even obtain from that franchise...)

Again, not accusing you. Simply making sure.
I think trades go through the commish, so that will probably keep people from cheating.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:16 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
I think trades go through the commish, so that will probably keep people from cheating.
Oh sorry didn't know that there was such a feature.

Edit: Just read OP and the list of features. Also says there is league-wide news. This game mode is going to be epic but just a question. Does this mean there is no EASHL and its incorporated into this game mode?

Old
06-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Epic Neal Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Oh sorry didn't know that there was such a feature.

Edit: Just read OP and the list of features. Also says there is league-wide news. This game mode is going to be epic but just a question. Does this mean there is no EASHL and its incorporated into this game mode?
No, EASHL still exists. And yeah, I'm willing to run it and make sure everything is fair. And Jeremyisgood, can your friend sign up so he can join discussions?

Old
06-25-2012, 01:49 AM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Neal Time View Post
Someone came in and took the Caps before you posted, so I gave you the Canes. I hope that's okay haha.
That's perfectly fine, I just prioritized the Caps as Backstrom is my favorite non-black and gold player, but the Canes are shaping up to be a good starting team, and they have some good value for the trade market.

RehnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
No, EASHL still exists. And yeah, I'm willing to run it and make sure everything is fair. And Jeremyisgood, can your friend sign up so he can join discussions?
Yeah, I'll get him on it. Just save his space, so I have a chance to talk to him at work.

Jeremyisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Kennedyyyy48

we should maybe make a trade block thread??

Kennedyyyy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Epic Neal Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedyyyy48 View Post
we should maybe make a trade block thread??
I think one thread should suffice. We could run it by the mods I guess, but might as well wait til closer to the release.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:10 PM
66_Lemieux_66

Quote:
I think one thread should suffice. We could run it by the mods I guess, but might as well wait til closer to the release.
Yeah, there is no need to start detailing with trades when we are months away from knowing each teams final rosters.

But I believe we should keep all league activity in one thread if possible.

66_Lemieux_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Kennedyyyy48

maybe just run it by the mods maybe once we get closer to the release? have the thread for everything not just trade block? would be way less cluttered once and if this does happen. Have each team make a post for example:

Detroit Red Wings:

Trade Block-->
Player A
Player C
2nd round draft pick

Looking for (desired position)

Roster Transactions:
player 2c sent down to Griffins for player 4f

just throwing stuff out there. lemme know what yinz think?
also if you want to take a player off the block or whatever instead of making a new post just edit your original

EDIT:
p.s. we should take a poll once 9/11/12 gets closer to decide if we keep rosters or do the randomize

Kennedyyyy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Dan Barr

The regular BeAGM mode has a trade block feature built in. I imagine online mode will as well.

Dan Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:00 PM
RehnX

They're basically copying NBA 2k's online association mode, which would have a trading block built in. I seriously wish we could fantasy draft in NHL 13, but in NBA a draft takes upwards of an hour, and that's only 12 rounds.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:05 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Can we do a poll for original rosters vs randomized?

I really want it to be randomized and as such gives each GM a unique situation and it doesn't make it easier for those who have a beast of a team. Also note that I am not one of those weaker team's GMs but I simply think that this kind of change would keep this league enticing and fun rather than the normal moves a GM would make based on real life such as trading Staal if you were Pittsburgh.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:10 PM
pensfansince88

does anyone know exactly how it works? like, do we have to schedule times to play each other every day? or is it computer ai simulated? or do we have a certain number of days to play a certain number of games? either way im super glad to join because all i do besides 6v6 OTP is GM Mode and doing it with real people sounds like way more fun. yeah i read the info page but parts of it left me still not quite understanding.

pensfansince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:32 PM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensfansince88 View Post
does anyone know exactly how it works? like, do we have to schedule times to play each other every day? or is it computer ai simulated? or do we have a certain number of days to play a certain number of games? either way im super glad to join because all i do besides 6v6 OTP is GM Mode and doing it with real people sounds like way more fun. yeah i read the info page but parts of it left me still not quite understanding.
If they DO base it like NBA.

Basically the league advances a day every few hours(I think it's 8 on NBA), all games within a certain time frame of that day will be available for you to play. You can sim against computers or play them, human games sit and stagnate until you play them OR the league advances past that day(If you have a game on November 3rd, then on November 4th the game will be simmed if you haven't played it).

Edit: Just read that and realized how little sense it probably makes to someone whose never played Association before. . I can explain it differently if you'd like.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:39 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Edit: Deleted Post.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:39 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
If they DO base it like NBA.

Basically the league advances a day every few hours(I think it's 8 on NBA), all games within a certain time frame of that day will be available for you to play. You can sim against computers or play them, human games sit and stagnate until you play them OR the league advances past that day(If you have a game on November 3rd, then on November 4th the game will be simmed if you haven't played it).

Edit: Just read that and realized how little sense it probably makes to someone whose never played Association before. . I can explain it differently if you'd like.
Yes, please.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:09 PM
RehnX

That explains it pretty well, actually.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
pensfansince88

there are only 2 options in this right?

1. both users online - they play each other (control players, or coach, or be gm watching game or w/e)
2. cpu simmed if time runs out before both online

pensfansince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:40 PM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensfansince88 View Post
there are only 2 options in this right?

1. both users online - they play each other (control players, or coach, or be gm watching game or w/e)
2. cpu simmed if time runs out before both online
Yes, but if you let it sim your league is inactive, games are up for about 5 real days.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Man I cant believe the turnout on this, especially 3 months in advance. It's too bad you guys don't play EASHL, that's by far my favorite mode and the HF Pens team fell apart 2 years ago.

Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:52 AM
66_Lemieux_66

Quote:

That explains it pretty well, actually.
Wow, this is pretty in depth. I don't believe for a second NHL13 will be this seamless though. EA has a terrible track record when it comes to these things.

Fingers crossed though...

66_Lemieux_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:17 AM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_Lemieux_66 View Post
Wow, this is pretty in depth. I don't believe for a second NHL13 will be this seamless though. EA has a terrible track record when it comes to these things.

Fingers crossed though...
It is pretty insane, but I would be fine if NHL 13 was just NHL 12s Be-A-GM with 2k's schedule system. EA already KIND of wins by letting us do co-op BaGM and 6-on-6 BaGM.

A LOT of what they have said about NHL 13 is reminiscent of 2k's games in terms of presentation, so I have pretty high hopes here.