HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Patrick Kane available?

Old
06-20-2012, 06:10 PM
zytz
lumberjack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Can't imagine getting a younger, cheaper, dynamic offensive player than Kane being involved.
That's why Kane is unlikely to be moved.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Let's say Hawks sign a guy like Semin and then trade Kane for a guy like Miller. Hawk fans do you think your team is better now?

I think it's an obvious yes if it's Parise but how about Semin?

Just curious.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:11 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
There is no way. Just like Canucks wont deal Lu to Hawks. They play each other too much in the playoffs.

Kane for Luongo would be sick for Vancouver though. But it would never happen.
All the more reason for Vancouver to trade Lu to Chicago.. Which is why it wouldn't happen.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Now, I question Kane being traded with the rumor Suter wants to go to the Hawks.

They are broski's, it seems.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:13 PM
who_me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Let's say Hawks sign a guy like Semin and then trade Kane for a guy like Miller. Hawk fans do you think your team is better now?

Just curious.
FYI, the same Hawks fans who want Kane off the team are the same ones who call Russian players lazy, selfish, floaters, etc.

who_me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Pavelski, Couture, and a couple 1st-round picks might make Bowman pick up the phone. I'm sure the Hawks will field calls for Kane, but he isn't available. The only way he becomes available is if teams start going to desperate measures to get him and overpay way too much.
Agree it would take a signficant + in addition to Pavelski - but you're IMO your going full retard (Tropic Thunder reference here) by adding Couture & a couple 1st. Not sure why Kane's value would be signficantly higher than Couture at this point. I'd think it would like something like Kane & 1st round DP & Prospect for Couture & Pavelski or the like, and even with that I expect the DW would say "hell no".

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
All the more reason for Vancouver to trade Lu to Chicago.. Which is why it wouldn't happen.
He was big for them last year, though, until the finals when the whole team sucked.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
When i have seen line combinations of Chicago, i always see him on the wing but i have looked deeper to see that occasionally he is listed as a centre. Can anyone give more insight into this to get rid of my apparent ignorance on the matter.
In an effort to solve the hole in the middle of our 2nd line, we tried Kane there for a number of games at center at the start of the season. He was phenomenal offensively (near the top of league scoring until December, IIRC) but his poor FO% and below-average defensive play often caused problems when he got pinned in his own zone, especially on the road. Q eventually shifted him back to RW next to Toews.

Then Toews got a concussion, and Kane filled in his spot as the top center for the rest of the season. Same story as before. He was incredible in the offensive zone, but struggled elsewhere on the ice. He was shifted back to RW when Toews returned for the playoffs.

Personally, I think Kane has a ton of potential at center, and I want the coaches to work with him there from now on to help him through the parts of the job he struggled with. But the Hawks coaching staff seems to disagree, and prefer Marcus Kruger there instead, which is just another mark against them in my books.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_me? View Post
FYI, the same Hawks fans who want Kane off the team are the same ones who call Russian players lazy, selfish, floaters, etc.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AINEC View Post
And anyone who thinks Luongo goes to Chicago for Kane, in any sort of deal, is retarded. There is no chance Chicago even considers it.
This x 1000, its either a package with Schneider or bust imo.

Evil Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:18 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
You are probably right, but Schneider and Jensen? I don't think MG does this.
It was propsed that we would get the 18th overall as well. I know that we are giving a lot, but i think with two first round picks this year we can hopefully replace/improve our prospect pool.
According to ISS (just for the sake of discussion, going off the april 17th one that i found just now)
we would draft (if were just going on BPA)
18th- Slater Koekkoek
26th- Dalton Thrower
It also says that Hertl and Samuelsson will be avaliable so i hope this helps.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Alpha
Que Up.

Quote:
There is no way. Just like Canucks wont deal Lu to Hawks. They play each other too much in the playoffs.

Kane for Luongo would be sick for Vancouver though. But it would never happen.
Canucks would send Luongo to the Hawks in a hot minute if it meant getting Kane. Our deepest position is goalie. We could afford to move Luongo for Kane, easily. Not the same for Chicago.

Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:21 PM
MayDayMayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post

Just curious.
The discussion between Buffalo and Chicago is for Derek Roy and Derek Roy only (which, if all the heat about him in a Bobby Ryan deal is accurate, it's probably a moot point). Although I could see a three way deal between Buf/Ana/Chi going down (something where Ryan to Buffalo, Kane to Anaheim, Roy and more to Chicago).

The problem with any Kane/Miller proposal is that neither team would do it straight up, and both teams think the other side would have to add for it to be fair. Thus, probably not happening.

That said, Semin would be a GREAT fit for Chicago.

MayDayMayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Alpha
Que Up.

Are some of you Canucks fans seriously not willing to move Nicklas ****ing Jensen for Patrick Kane? I must have forgotten all the All-Star awards, Olympic Medals, and Stanley Cups he's won in the last 3 years.

Last edited by Alpha: 06-20-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
It was propsed that we would get the 18th overall as well. I know that we are giving a lot, but i think with two first round picks this year we can hopefully replace/improve our prospect pool.
According to ISS (just for the sake of discussion, going off the april 17th one that i found just now)
we would draft (if were just going on BPA)
18th- Slater Koekkoek
26th- Dalton Thrower
It also says that Hertl and Samuelsson will be avaliable so i hope this helps.
First, Chicago isn't moving Kane. I don't care what the "rumor mill" is saying.

Second, if Chicago were to move Kane to Vancouver, they would most certainly not have to add their 1st, or any pick, to land Cory Schneider and Nicklas Jensen (who'd be Chicago's 6th-8th best prospect).

Old
06-20-2012, 06:36 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
First, Chicago isn't moving Kane. I don't care what the "rumor mill" is saying.

Second, if Chicago were to move Kane to Vancouver, they would most certainly not have to add their 1st, or any pick, to land Cory Schneider and Nicklas Jensen (who'd be Chicago's 6th-8th best prospect).
I am sorry that you had to shake your head but this was proposed by someone on page 2 and that was what i was working off of. Jensen is a great prospect who has done very impressive things at the AHL level and is hardly a "throw in" in any deal. Schnieder is a highly coveted goalie who holds plenty of value. Not saying it is a fair deal but nothing that is absurd in my opinion.
Furthermore, why go into a Kane trade thread where you know there will be discussion about a trade for kane to say that he's not being traded. We all know that it is unlikely to happen, we dont need your help.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:44 PM
bernmeister

1. CBH not moving Kane. At least not at present, and not for fair value.
2. IF they did, best value v. need might be Kane + for Miller +. Goalie problem solved, top C problem created.

3. Assuming he'd not use NMC, something like:
Brad Richards + Biron + Rangers 2012 2nd
for
Kane + McNeil + Hawks 2012 1st

could be mutually useful/beneficial.

Richards - Kane = both 1c talent, Richards stronger playmaker (good for Towes), Kane better scorer (good for Rangers)

Biron could = 30ish games w/Crawford, immediately solve current G problem, no drama, hopefully Crawford matures as top netminder.

McNeil at least year away, but could contribute in near future, and Hawks keep Saad. For this, + Biron, Chicago swaps the picks.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
1. CBH not moving Kane. At least not at present, and not for fair value.
2. IF they did, best value v. need might be Kane + for Miller +. Goalie problem solved, top C problem created.

3. Assuming he'd not use NMC, something like:
Brad Richards + Biron + Rangers 2012 2nd
for
Kane + McNeil + Hawks 2012 1st

could be mutually useful/beneficial.

Richards - Kane = both 1c talent, Richards stronger playmaker (good for Towes), Kane better scorer (good for Rangers)

Biron could = 30ish games w/Crawford, immediately solve current G problem, no drama, hopefully Crawford matures as top netminder.

McNeil at least year away, but could contribute in near future, and Hawks keep Saad. For this, + Biron, Chicago swaps the picks.
Why are all your deals so awful? Like, why? I wouldn't trade Kane alone for Richards, Biron and a 2nd.. and you have Chicago adding, basically, two firsts? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Old
06-20-2012, 06:57 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I am sorry that you had to shake your head but this was proposed by someone on page 2 and that was what i was working off of. Jensen is a great prospect who has done very impressive things at the AHL level and is hardly a "throw in" in any deal. Schnieder is a highly coveted goalie who holds plenty of value. Not saying it is a fair deal but nothing that is absurd in my opinion.
Furthermore, why go into a Kane trade thread where you know there will be discussion about a trade for kane to say that he's not being traded. We all know that it is unlikely to happen, we dont need your help.
Oh, it was proposed on another page? I guess that means it makes more sense. Who's, bluntly, dumb enough to think Chicago would have to add a 1st round pick to get Schneider and Jensen? I mean.. seriously.

Patrick Kane is an all-star. Cory Schnieder is, at this point, a very good back-up with potential to be a very good starting goaltender and Nicklas Jensen is a potential top-6 winger. Patrick Kane is a star 1st liner, who has a Stanley Cup ring, Olympic silver medal and could have very easily won the Conn Smythe in 2010.. Give me a break.

Old
06-20-2012, 07:01 PM
canucksPK

As a Canucks fan I offer

Roberto Luongo
Jannik Hansen
Zach Kassian
26th Overall
Niklas Jensen

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:04 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
As a Canucks fan I offer

Roberto Luongo
Jannik Hansen
Zach Kassian
26th Overall
Niklas Jensen
Value is pretty close but i wouldn't want to pay Luongo until he's 40. Especially not at the price of Kane

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:04 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Gee, some people really are selling Kane short. He's one of the league's most dynamic offensive players with tons of speed and shiftness. He's the kind of guy you'd trade for a goalie like Price and then some.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:05 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Patrick Kane
Dylan Olsen

Derek Stepan
Michael Del Zotto
Brandon Dubinsky
J.T Miller

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:06 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Idiotic to move Kane.. it really is.

and NOT for Ryan Miller..ugh

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
I don't think the "they will play each other in the playoffs" argument holds much water to either management team.

Quote:
He was big for them last year, though, until the finals when the whole team sucked.
You can say that again. Same with this year versus L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godless Servant View Post
This x 1000, its either a package with Schneider or bust imo.
I'm still not turned off. Let's hear an offer then. Kane (+?) for Schneider+(+?)

Quote:
Oh, it was proposed on another page? I guess that means it makes more sense. Who's, bluntly, dumb enough to think Chicago would have to add a 1st round pick to get Schneider and Jensen? I mean.. seriously.

Patrick Kane is an all-star. Cory Schnieder is, at this point, a very good back-up with potential to be a very good starting goaltender and Nicklas Jensen is a potential top-6 winger. Patrick Kane is a star 1st liner, who has a Stanley Cup ring, Olympic silver medal and could have very easily won the Conn Smythe in 2010.. Give me a break.
Well you're ripping into him, as though he's thought it up...why no rip into whoever started it instead, if it bothers you so? Or, you know, not take it like an insult to your mother, and politely decline? Relax guy, no need to insult someone that disagrees with your position.

Kane is an all-star, has a cup ring, but saying "could have won the Conn Smythe" isn't an attribute you want listed with the actual achievements. Luongo "could have" if he out duelled Thomas in game 7. He didn't, so he didn't win. I feel Toews won it fair and square, and being runner up for anything, be it Conn Smythe, Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Norris, Vezina or otherwise, is something this board has a hard time qualifying.

That being said, I agree that there is no reason to move him, but look at the other "Value of:" threads...Kanes' not alone in this regard.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote