HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2012, 03:30 AM
  #326
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,609
vCash: 500


The training Alzner and Ward do. You can see Ward in the video at 2:49 actually(insert stupid lame joke here).

Tired of hearing Gary Roberts crap, Twist has on ice training unlike Gary Roberts.


Last edited by SimplySensational: 07-24-2012 at 03:36 AM.
SimplySensational is online now  
Old
07-24-2012, 08:19 AM
  #327
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 16,979
vCash: 500
On ice workouts? Ovechkin's entire offseason training regimen takes place on the rocks.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 08:32 AM
  #328
LetsGoBears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
I know it's Columbus and all but I never knee Nash's numbers were thst bad. Very Meh on that trade.

LetsGoBears is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 09:30 AM
  #329
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,977
vCash: 500
We had Wisnewski on our team last year. He was on the third pair and just signed for a boatload of money in Calgary. His name was Wideman

Foy is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 09:38 AM
  #330
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
We had Wisnewski on our team last year. He was on the third pair and just signed for a boatload of money in Calgary. His name was Wideman
Wiz has more snarl, though. Honestly both he and Jack Johnson fit the "this is what people think Green is/this is what Wideman actually is" mold.

brs03 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 09:47 AM
  #331
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 16,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Wiz has more snarl, though. Honestly both he and Jack Johnson fit the "this is what people think Green is/this is what Wideman actually is" mold.
Yup. People don't realize that Green doesn't produce offense anymore

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:02 AM
  #332
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
2:49 actually(insert stupid lame joke here).
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF
Yup. People don't realize that Green doesn't produce offense anymore
And here I was about to applaud your "on the rocks" joke. Shame on you.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
  #333
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,528
vCash: 500
What's everyone's take on Tim Erixon? Don't know much about him except for the info. that surfaced about him regarding Calgary that some on HF discussed in regard's to yesterday's trade. With Calle Jo handling the D behind the bench as well as a few Swedes on the team (I know he was born in NY but raised in Sweden) perhaps he'd be a defenseman the Caps might be interested in.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 11:21 AM
  #334
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,808
vCash: 500
With Green, Carlson, and Orlov already around as puck movers and a number of defensemen in a similar place in their development (Orlov, Schilling, Wey, Kundratek), getting Erixon would be more of a luxury than a need. No point in giving up assets to get him, in my opinion. Yes, he does have a higher upside than all of them aside of Orlov, but Columbus isn't going to give away what's likely the best long term asset from the Nash trade.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 11:21 AM
  #335
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
What's everyone's take on Tim Erixon? Don't know much about him except for the info. that surfaced about him regarding Calgary that some on HF discussed in regard's to yesterday's trade. With Calle Jo handling the D behind the bench as well as a few Swedes on the team (I know he was born in NY but raised in Sweden) perhaps he'd be a defenseman the Caps might be interested in.
No, let him rot in Columbus.

Acallabeth is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 11:28 AM
  #336
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
On ice workouts? Ovechkin's entire offseason training regimen takes place on the rocks.
I chuckled.

Devil Dancer is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 12:01 PM
  #337
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
When you look at the Parise contract... the Nash one isn't that darn bad. Both are overpaid based on history. Both played their careers in restrictive systems. Both are still in prime. We'll see but I think Howson's a moron.

HSHS is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 12:07 PM
  #338
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 21,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
When you look at the Parise contract... the Nash one isn't that darn bad. Both are overpaid based on history. Both played their careers in restrictive systems. Both are still in prime. We'll see but I think Howson's a moron.
Meh. The only potentially bad aspect of Parise's contract is the term, IMO.

He's had two years better than Nash's best (while not exactly playing with an elite center) and his average season over his last 5 full seasons is a bit better:

Parise average season: 35 goals, 74 points
Nash average season: 34 goals, 68 points

That's before taking into consideration their all-around games, where Parise really outshines Nash.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 12:10 PM
  #339
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 29,419
vCash: 500
Nash is going to impress now that he's finally out of Columbus. Just a hunch...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
  #340
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Meh. The only potentially bad aspect of Parise's contract is the term, IMO.

He's had two years better than Nash's best (while not exactly playing with an elite center) and his average season over his last 5 full seasons is a bit better:

Parise average season: 35 goals, 74 points
Nash average season: 34 goals, 68 points

That's before taking into consideration their all-around games, where Parise really outshines Nash.
Nash hits more (which isn't saying much) and has also never had any help whatsoever. But Parise has more defensive instincts. Both ~.8ppg carreer.

But for me, the thing is the term. Nash's contract ends a lot sooner, has a lot less money in total. Less risk IMHO. They're both ~same age. So you don't have to pay 35+ year old Nash 7+ in cap. And for those assets to acquire. Excellent risk/reward for NYR.

HSHS is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 01:18 PM
  #341
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 43,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Nash is going to impress now that he's finally out of Columbus. Just a hunch...
or he'll be more like bouwmeester, luongo, jokinen and vokoun who everyone expected to impress once saved from their losing team's.

txpd is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 01:21 PM
  #342
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 21,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
or he'll be more like bouwmeester, luongo, jokinen and vokoun who everyone expected to impress once saved from their losing team's.
Not that I disagree with the general sentiment, but Luongo has been twice a Vezina finalist and got to game 7 of the Cup Finals in Vancouver. He did impress.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 01:22 PM
  #343
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,940
vCash: 500
Reading the Philly print media and fans tomorrow when Nashville matches is going to be great.

Drake1588 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 01:31 PM
  #344
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
or he'll be more like bouwmeester, luongo, jokinen and vokoun who everyone expected to impress once saved from their losing team's.
Multiple 40 win and .920 sv% seasons not do it for you, tex?

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 01:41 PM
  #345
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 29,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
or he'll be more like bouwmeester, luongo, jokinen and vokoun who everyone expected to impress once saved from their losing team's.

You just lumped Luongo in with Bouwmeester and Jokinen....funny. At least Luongo has performed at elite levels at times.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 01:46 PM
  #346
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,858
vCash: 500
I'm with TX in that I think Luongo has the suck factor.

He plays behind a pretty stacked team and just seems to come up small FAR too often for a goalie of his hype and pay.

I wouldn't touch that contract if it was given away for free at this point. Gillis is trying to play poker McPhee style.

I think Nash will suck in NY b/c he is monstrously overrated. For a big guy he isn't all that physical and from what I have seen isn't that great along the boards either.

BobRouse is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #347
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 29,419
vCash: 500
Yes, Vezina and MVP finalists clearly suck.



Fixed....


Last edited by CapitalsCupFantasy: 07-24-2012 at 02:20 PM.
CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:13 PM
  #348
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,621
vCash: 500
Luongo has never won a Vezina.

Carlzner is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:15 PM
  #349
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Reading the Philly print media and fans tomorrow when Nashville matches is going to be great.
We dont even have to wait til tomorrow.

strungout is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM
  #350
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,609
vCash: 500
Nahville matches.

SimplySensational is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.