HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Around the NHL Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 12:23 AM
  #851
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Anaheim Boudreaus - 7-1-1
Boudreau also has a good team in front of him. Viktor Fasth stole the game for them, he's the best goalie in the league.

msrulo is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 12:31 AM
  #852
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
It's basically the same roster that almost got blown up last year and got a cup winning coach fired.

If your argument is for "talented roster but stale message" with Carlisle and the same for BB with the Caps, then we should have seen more out of Hunter or Oates the way Anaheim is with BB now...otherwise its a roster issue for the Caps and that once again means we fired the wrong guy.

__________________
mrwarden is in ur threads, deleting ur posts
mrwarden is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 12:35 AM
  #853
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
BB saved gmgm. Should have taken both to the woodshed.

HSHS is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 12:47 AM
  #854
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
It's basically the same roster that almost got blown up last year and got a cup winning coach fired.

If your argument is for "talented roster but stale message" with Carlisle and the same for BB with the Caps, then we should have seen more out of Hunter or Oates the way Anaheim is with BB now...otherwise its a roster issue for the Caps and that once again means we fired the wrong guy.


BB with Ducks: 34-24-9
DH with Caps: 30-23-7

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 12:51 AM
  #855
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,517
vCash: 500
Why are we getting nightly Boudreau updates? We know he can win in the regular season.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:09 AM
  #856
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Why are we getting nightly Boudreau updates? We know he can win in the regular season.
It feels weird because calls for his firing were pretty obvious after the Lightning series, then at the beginning of the slump that ended with him being fired...

I wanted him to be fired after the game he actually did get fired after... One of the last people to jump on the fire BB bandwagon and now I'm the one who has to defend the firing.

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:43 AM
  #857
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 9,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Why are we getting nightly Boudreau updates? We know he can win in the regular season.
Well played, heh .

__________________
True Story™®©
usiel is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 08:51 AM
  #858
marcel snapshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Thats been one of my biggest peeves as well. Watching these other games...every team just seems much faster and composed. Along with being more physical and entertaining. It's depressing as ****.
My wife was saying that the other night while we were watching a non-Caps game - that the other teams were playing at such higher tempo than the Caps. She's pretty sharp about hockey, but she's not much more than a casual fan - and it's obvious even to her.

marcel snapshot is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:13 AM
  #859
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
Loktionov to New Jersey for a 5th. One less potential landing spot for Perreault. Would have wanted more than a 5th for Mathieu, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
It's basically the same roster that almost got blown up last year and got a cup winning coach fired.

If your argument is for "talented roster but stale message" with Carlisle and the same for BB with the Caps, then we should have seen more out of Hunter or Oates the way Anaheim is with BB now...otherwise its a roster issue for the Caps and that once again means we fired the wrong guy.
Because there can only be one thing wrong with a team?

Mystlyfe is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:24 PM
  #860
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Loktionov to New Jersey for a 5th. One less potential landing spot for Perreault. Would have wanted more than a 5th for Mathieu, though.



Because there can only be one thing wrong with a team?
Highest winning percentage of any Caps coach ever. Start somewhere else

mrwarden is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:28 PM
  #861
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post


BB with Ducks: 34-24-9
DH with Caps: 30-23-7
How were the teams doing when those coaches took over last year? Ducks were in last, the Caps were practically at the top but in a slide.

Yeah, exactly. Logic fail.

mrwarden is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
  #862
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Highest winning percentage of any Caps coach ever. Start somewhere else
Boudreau was a great coach put into a situation where his style matched the personnel. By the end of it, his message was falling on deaf ears and he could no longer get that personnel to perform.

Mystlyfe is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
  #863
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
How were the teams doing when those coaches took over last year? Ducks were in last, the Caps were practically at the top but in a slide.

Yeah, exactly. Logic fail.
Washington was 8th in the east, which is a long way from "practically at the top". As such a big Boudreau fan I would have expected you to know that.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:27 PM
  #864
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
How were the teams doing when those coaches took over last year? Ducks were in last, the Caps were practically at the top but in a slide.

Yeah, exactly. Logic fail.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...12012&type=con

Just imagine if they went 5-2 to start the season, not 7-0, that would of been 14th place.

The Caps were in a absolute tail spin when he was fired, they got blown the **** out by the Toronto Marlies.

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:29 PM
  #865
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,015
vCash: 50
Semin scored tonight.

Liberati0n is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
  #866
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Semin scored tonight.
All part of his plan to get the Canes to give him an extension so he can give them more cancer.


Last edited by Halpysback: 02-07-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Halpysback is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
  #867
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 888
It would be nice to see Kane Win the Art Ross. He would be the first American to do so.

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:25 PM
  #868
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Washington was 8th in the east, which is a long way from "practically at the top". As such a big Boudreau fan I would have expected you to know that.
3 points out of 1st in the division, which would have made 5 straight division titles and no finishes lower than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...12012&type=con

Just imagine if they went 5-2 to start the season, not 7-0, that would of been 14th place.

The Caps were in a absolute tail spin when he was fired, they got blown the **** out by the Toronto Marlies.
Oh ok, so if something had happened which didn't happen, then they still would have been several games up on the Ducks record at the time, which was the actual point being debated.

Also, thank God we were saved from being only four points ahead of 14th because now we're...Oh. ****.

mrwarden is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:31 PM
  #869
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
3 points out of 1st in the division, which would have made 5 straight division titles and no finishes lower than that.



Oh ok, so if something had happened which didn't happen, then they still would have been several games up on the Ducks record at the time, which was the actual point being debated.

Also, thank God we were saved from being only four points ahead of 14th because now we're...Oh. ****.
Are you seriously arguing we should have kept him at that point in time? The way that team was playing made this one look like a contender.

He himself said he didn't know what the **** to do at that point.

Halpysback is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:57 PM
  #870
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Once again...

He had brought them out of worse spins than that to finish 1st in the conference and it literally could not be any worse than it is now.

So yes, I am seriously arguing as I did then that before you fire BB, you need to fire McPhee.

mrwarden is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:02 AM
  #871
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
That was a worse spin than the Rangers' loss one. Boudreau had an answer after the Rangers. He didn't have one after Buffalo.

Halpysback is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:13 AM
  #872
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
If only there was more time to pull the team out of losing streaks in the playoffs.

Should have fired the NHL playoff format too.

Brad Tolliver is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:30 AM
  #873
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
You're right. Thank God for GMGM's steady hand.

mrwarden is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:37 AM
  #874
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Bad GM and bad coaching aren't mutually exclusive.

Brad Tolliver is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:50 AM
  #875
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Bad GM and bad coaching aren't mutually exclusive.
If we hadn't covered this on this page...

mrwarden is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.