HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

My Hawks "Man Cave"

Old
06-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
My Hawks "Man Cave"

This is just memorabilia and what not I have collected over the years. This is in the room I currently sleep in. I just thought I had some cool stuff I'd like to pass along for you to see and am really hoping you guys post some pictures of memorabilia you guys have. I'd like to see that kind of stuff.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:21 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

very impressive! who signed the hockey sticks?

it looks like you have a lot of other autographs, too.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:02 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Packers, Cubs, and making me feel like I'm not a real fan.

I hate you so much.

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
very impressive! who signed the hockey sticks?

it looks like you have a lot of other autographs, too.
One stick is from Huet I got during the Cup year. I was at a morning skate in Vancouver. He gave it to me and signed it. The other stick is from Chris Chelios' Charity Golf Classic. There has got to be around 50 signatures on that thing. It's really expensive to have a professional identify who all signed it, though. Names I know for sure are on there consist of Bannerman, Pang, Probert, Pilote, Hull, Mikita, Magnuson, Yzerman, Federov, and Shanahan. That leads me to believe there are some other notable players on there. Some guy in my neighborhood had to move and tried to get rid of a bunch of stuff. My mom got it for $25 and gave it to me for my birthday one year. Nice score, eh?

Old
06-20-2012, 11:20 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Very nice, I plan on making my own Hawks room with a super chexx table in the middle.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

nice. Really would want this too

too bad I can't do this too, no place in my home for this. Maybe in a few years

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:46 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
**** the Packers!

Had to be said.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Hawks82

Nice collection, even if the Packers stuff makes me want to puke...

FYI...Tony Amonte, Steve Larmer and Jeremy Roenick are going to be signing at the Sun-Times card show in Rosemont on Saturday June, 30th.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:03 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

I have a practice jersey with Amonte's autograph. Unfortunately also has Michael Nylander, Jon Klemm, and Ryan VandenBussche. Had it signed at some winter festival or whatever at Navy Pier, in I guess it was December of 2001.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:09 AM
Hawks82

Just a friendly piece of advice from one autograph collector to another...keep your blinds closed! Sunlight ruins autographs.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Illinihockey

That Packers stuff really makes the room look like *****

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:41 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
That Packers stuff really makes the room look like *****
totally clashes with everything else.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:01 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Very nice, I plan on making my own Hawks room with a super chexx table in the middle.
My dream is to eventually get one of these, but they're just so ****ing expensive. Just hoping one day I can luck into a couple grand of unexpected cash, or find someone closing up their bar or something and selling one for scraps.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
My dream is to eventually get one of these, but they're just so ****ing expensive. Just hoping one day I can luck into a couple grand of unexpected cash, or find someone closing up their bar or something and selling one for scraps.
Yeah, if they weren't so damn much, I'd already have it, feel the same way as you. I've read a lot about them and they actually do not seem that difficult to repair. So if you are mechanically inclinced, buying a used one with some gear issues or something like that really isn't a concern as they still manufacture replacement parts for these things and probably will forever. The key in buying a used one though, is the bubble itself. A new bubble costs about 300-400 dollars and I'm sure you know the game just isn't as fun with a bunch of scratches on it. Some day the dream will come true, and it will be glorious.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:51 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, if they weren't so damn much, I'd already have it, feel the same way as you. I've read a lot about them and they actually do not seem that difficult to repair. So if you are mechanically inclinced, buying a used one with some gear issues or something like that really isn't a concern as they still manufacture replacement parts for these things and probably will forever. The key in buying a used one though, is the bubble itself. A new bubble costs about 300-400 dollars and I'm sure you know the game just isn't as fun with a bunch of scratches on it. Some day the dream will come true, and it will be glorious.
I'm an idiot when it comes to fixing stuff like, and would only break it further if I had to repair it. Didn't realize a bubble was that much, though, but I could live with some scratched on it if I could get it for under a grand. I think the cheapest one I have ever found was about $1750, in ****** condition, and in NY.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:05 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I always find it obnoxious when there's someone who's a fan of ALL chicago teams and then is a Packers fan.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

I just don't understand how people who have lived their whole lives in this area would CHOOSE to be Packer fans. Go root for the ****in Red Wings while you're at it...

Old
06-21-2012, 11:13 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I always find it obnoxious when there's someone who's a fan of ALL chicago teams and then is a Packers fan.
And he isn't even a White Sox fan...Cub/Packer fans are extremely rare. Sox/Packers not so much, as there still are some Sox fans who are pissed at the Bears' part in running the south side Cardinals out of town.

Definitely looks better than my "woman" cave.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:25 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
And he isn't even a White Sox fan...Cub/Packer fans are extremely rare. Sox/Packers not so much, as there still are some Sox fans who are pissed at the Bears' part in running the south side Cardinals out of town.
Those people are just as big of idiots. It's been over 50 years since they left.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:26 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I just don't understand how people who have lived their whole lives in this area would CHOOSE to be Packer fans. Go root for the ****in Red Wings while you're at it...
Being from Toronto, I don't get the minutiae of football love but i do know it's possible to be from Chicago and like the Packers. I've got 4 cousins from Lake Forest (their ages are 15 - 22)...the 15 yr old (who is male) is the family baby but was always smacked around by the older ones (one boy, 2 girls)...their neighbour had a kid his age (and the family was from wisconsin) - they've had Packer season tickets forEVER...what happened is a few years ago their oldest daughter went away to college so wasn't around and they always had an extra ticket...so my youngest cousin ended up being a 4-th wheel on their Packs season tickets (and was happy to get away from his meanie-faced older siblings )

...the end result is that while all 4 of my cousins love the Hawks, the Cubs, the Bulls, and don't mind the Sox (they like watching baseball itself, more than being aggressive fans), 3 of them love the Bears...while my Packs Season Ticket Lovin' youngest cousin has a cheese-head filled room.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:28 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

...for the Canadians who come to this board...do we do a lot of superchex? I feel like we're more of a foozball nation...but maybe i'm just too old to get it?

Old
06-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Cullksinikers

My dad's side has a lot of Packers fans. They tried to get me into Green Bay. My dad is a Bears fan. When I started watching football, I liked watching Favre and thought Lambeau Field was an amazing stadium. Fell in love.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:24 AM
needle

It's really disgusting to see the Hawks logo next to a Packers one. Made me throw up all over my keyboard.

needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:50 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Seriously, I hate Packers fans from Illinois. It's not so bad when they're from Wisconsin, I don't mind them as much.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote