HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Kids tormenting bus monitor (elderly woman)

Old
06-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
There was a girl, Stacy Larreau, that all the boys would throw snowballs at when she walked to the bus stop (we pretty much threw them at every girl, though). One boy, Brad, made the hardest ice ball, then threw it at her as hard as he could. Got her right in the ear, knocking her to the ground. She ran home home, wailing in pain. I pounded the snot out of him for that. His brothers eventually pulled me off of him, or there was no telling how bad I would've hurt him. I was so mad.

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:41 AM
tony d
Summer Camp

vCash: 500
Heard about this on another site. Shame on those kids for bullying that poor woman.

06-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Pretty simple, shoot the kids.

Too far?

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Frankie Spankie

Wait, what exactly are people donating for? I can't watch the video at work (well I can but I feel the audio is NSFW) so I can't tell if she was physically abused. The description seems to point out she's just verbally abused. When I was a kid, I'm only 23 now so still not old, I was taught sticks and stones. I was picked on as a kid and I just didn't care because they're just that, words.

At what point in the past decade or two did sticks and stones become irrelevant? It seems like more and more people are talking about bullying lately and "how words hurt." Words hurt only if you let them hurt. Fact of the matter is there's a lot of *******s out there who try to piss you off because they know it pisses you off. Piss them off by smiling back at them. Don't let an idiot ruin your day.

I'm sure there's LOTS of people out there that deal with the ******** that this woman deals with. Am I saying it's right? No. I'm not going to donate to this woman because I feel bad though. I feel bad for homeless people that I see on the sides of the road. I feel bad for people with severe medical conditions. I feel bad for people that have a terrible life when it's not their fault and there's nothing they can do about it. If I went around donating money to people I genuinely felt bad for, I'd be broke, probably by the end of this year.

Hate to be a buzz kill, but I just can't justify donating in this case when there's thousands of people that deal with the exact same thing and don't get anything. Then consider all the millions of people who are in much worse situations. It's just not fair to all the other people that are in similar, crappy situations.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:10 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Not sure why she needs money?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:16 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

How does this video end up on youtube?

How stupid are these kids?

Stupid enough to put their "crime" on youtube.

njdevsfn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:16 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Since this happened somewhat near me, some facts.

She used to be the bus driver but her hearing/vision detoriated and she still loved her job so she became a bus monitor. If you didn't watch the video then don't put your opinion in because YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE VIDEO. They made her ****ing cry, and for what? I was taught to respect my elders. That could be someone's grandma, mom etc she doesn't deserve that.

Of course you got half the thread full of clowns trying to impress people, who are even bigger losers then the kids who did this. This is a big deal, how do you think things like Columbine happen? Bullying needs to stop and it doesn't matter if the target is an overweight kid, a poor kid, a black kid or a 68 year old bus monitor, it needs to end NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Not sure why she needs money?
Uh she didn't know about it, the kindness of strangers made this happen. The goal was to get her 5k to go on a vacation, and caring good people went above and beyond that goal. Again, she had no idea about the donations.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:17 AM
tobo

They already collected 200k?

tobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:31 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
In New York, all makes sense now

Damn $70,000 well done ppl. I could only watch 1 min of it before is started clinching my fist, and wanted to hit that Asian kid square in the face
I don't know if you're assuming this happened near NYC, but Greece is about 6 hours away from NYC and the Rochester area is nothing like NYC. Western NY is a different world and more aligned with the midwest and Canada than anything.

As someone from Rochester, I'm actually quite proud of my town. Yeah, these little punks were trash, but the entire city came together to turn this into a national story and to make sure these kids are punished.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:39 AM
hocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post

Hate to be a buzz kill, but I just can't justify donating in this case when there's thousands of people that deal with the exact same thing and don't get anything. Then consider all the millions of people who are in much worse situations. It's just not fair to all the other people that are in similar, crappy situations.
Solution: donate to nobody!

hocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thlinegrinders View Post
hope this doesn't turn out to be a scam
Apparently it's true:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/right...134740950.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
Give me a break, life isn't that easy. If everyone's cards fell into place like that there would be no need for government assistance, or for a 68 year old to work.

She could lost her retirement, lots of companies have successfully dumped their pension plans recently. Maybe you don't pay attention to the national/international news.

She could have lost everything caring for her husband. Medical bills are very expensive these days, especially when treating chronic diseases. Maybe she has her own health issues? Maybe she is on the bus because the district is the only one who can offer her health insurance for part-time work when no one else will? And sorry, but I doubt the local Starbucks has a position just waiting for her...

Maybe she had her dreams crushed and had to stay local to care for her own family. Maybe her kids have problems that require her looking after?

It's appalling to think there are people out there who think each and every individual can just "make it" on their own, regardless of the things that tie them down. Real life doesn't work that way.

Some of you sound like the kids on the bus. Selfish and inconsiderate.
As per the above Link one of her kids committed suicide.

Last edited by Neely2005: 06-21-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:30 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
People actually think this is fake? I live in Rochester, it's plenty true.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
People actually think this is fake? I live in Rochester, it's plenty true.
This. The news has been on top of it. She's getting paid!

Cops have been driving around my neighborhood all day. Weird.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

I'm so proud of the community I live in

Oh well. She's received over $200,000 now, so that's something to be thankful for.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:07 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Since this happened somewhat near me, some facts.

She used to be the bus driver but her hearing/vision detoriated and she still loved her job so she became a bus monitor. If you didn't watch the video then don't put your opinion in because YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE VIDEO. They made her ****ing cry, and for what? I was taught to respect my elders. That could be someone's grandma, mom etc she doesn't deserve that.

Of course you got half the thread full of clowns trying to impress people, who are even bigger losers then the kids who did this. This is a big deal, how do you think things like Columbine happen? Bullying needs to stop and it doesn't matter if the target is an overweight kid, a poor kid, a black kid or a 68 year old bus monitor, it needs to end NOW.

Uh she didn't know about it, the kindness of strangers made this happen. The goal was to get her 5k to go on a vacation, and caring good people went above and beyond that goal. Again, she had no idea about the donations.
Good luck at that, bullying will always exist no matter what you do. Hopefully some of this money goes to a charity as well.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

****, I'll take $200k and let people call me names.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

I used to get made fun of a lot. I never got money for it.

Trance Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
This. The news has been on top of it. She's getting paid!

Cops have been driving around my neighborhood all day. Weird.
If this happened near you then they're probably there to prevent any vigilante justice against the kids.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I'm so proud of the community I live in

Oh well. She's received over $200,000 now, so that's something to be thankful for.
Why wouldn't you be? Look at the support she's received. You're embarrassed for your community because a bunch of punk 13 year olds made fun of a bus monitor? That happens everywhere. This just happened to be caught on video and went viral.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:23 PM
D Fresh
Lost Horizons

That's terrible.
The internet however has a funny way of doing justice.
GO INTERNET GO!

D Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:25 PM
LucilleAustero

Middle school kids are the worst. I hope these little ******** get a swift kick in the ass.

LucilleAustero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Quote:
Why wouldn't you be? Look at the support she's received. You're embarrassed for your community because a bunch of punk 13 year olds made fun of a bus monitor? That happens everywhere. This just happened to be caught on video and went viral.
You're right. I'm just scared, because that's the type of kids who are the "next generation." *Shudder*

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Dustin Peener
I wanna be sedated

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Yeah this.

In my town a girl went missing (was murdered) and all the negative people on my facebook friends were all like "our town is such a **** hole" blah blah blah because of one person murdering someone. Yet they ignored the fact that hundreds of people came together and went out to look for the missing girl, and many of them didn't even know her.

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
If this happened near you then they're probably there to prevent any vigilante justice against the kids.
Makes sense. One of the kids lives right down the street. Unfortunatly everyone knows where the kids lives. My neighbors are really nosey. It's ashame the parents will have to deal with some reprocussions because of their kids behavior. I'm sure some of the
parents are good parents. Their kids just got in with the wrong crowd.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Shoryuken
👊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
Makes sense. One of the kids lives right down the street. Unfortunatly everyone knows where the kids lives. My neighbors are really nosey. It's ashame the parents will have to deal with some reprocussions because of their kids behavior. I'm sure some of the
parents are good parents. Their kids just got in with the wrong crowd.
Which kid? Wes?

Shoryuken is offline   Reply With Quote