HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Kids tormenting bus monitor (elderly woman)

Old
06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Middle school kids suck. I was a very good student and respectful to my teachers in both elementary and secondary but middle school I was terrible.

canucksfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

vCash: 50
310+K now...

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
Which kid? Wes?
What's their names again? I've been looking for pictures, because I'm not sure which one it was.

Edit: the lady isn't pressing charges. I can't believe how much money she is receiving. Incredible, honestly.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Gustav Nyquist
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★

vCash: 500
Luis Recio, Wesley Helm, Brandon Teng and Tyler Warren.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

In a way, this reminds me of the girl that got sent to jail for truancy recently because she missed school too much, yet she has a full time job, part time job, school, have to take care of her two younger siblings AND she's an honor student too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1557175.html

And she reached $100K in support: http://www.helpdianetran.com/

I know this woman was tormented by little **** middle school kids, but that is just way too much donation money, especially compared to the girl who actually does work her ass off.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

$322,000 holy crap ! I thought like $100,000 would be unreal and the limit, now i think this is way to much, and there's 100s of charities out there that would benefit immensely from even $50,000...

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Dubi Doo

Just found out the kid holding the camera was my next door neighbor. Not sure of his name. I haven't really talked to him. They're a puerto rican family. They seem like Good parents who aren't home a lot due to work.

I still can't figure out the other kid who lives in my neighborhood.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Good for her.

Started a thread about these kids who abused elderly at nursing homes. There is a lack of respect for those older than us. What a shame

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
$322,000 holy crap ! I thought like $100,000 would be unreal and the limit, now i think this is way to much, and there's 100s of charities out there that would benefit immensely from even $50,000...
Its not like the lady is asking for this money. People are just emotionally charged right now.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Gustav Nyquist
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★

In a way, the money is going to charity. And I'm positive this lady will donate an amount of it to another charity.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:36 PM
SlowShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
Western NY =/= NYC

But yeah, there are idiots all over. Especially in middle school. That age group is by far the worst. They're old enough to know how to be huge ******** but not mature enough to choose not to.
Ah I see. Guess I should know more about NY since I was made in a hotel room in Buffalo after a Bills game.

SlowShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:40 PM
SlowShot

This lady should consider her getting made fun of a blessing, she's set for a long time. Me and my friends have done way worse to kids in elementary school.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Gustav Nyquist
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowShot View Post
This lady should consider her getting made fun of a blessing, she's set for a long time. Me and my friends have done way worse to kids in elementary school.
Just wait until you get to middle school.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:01 PM
SlowShot

Quote:
Just wait until you get to middle school.
I've been graduated from HS for three years, and from grade 8 was really nice to everyone because eventually you grow up, but at the time it was hilarious and it still kind of is since I still hang out with a few of the kids we used to torment.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Gustav Nyquist
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowShot View Post
I've been graduated from HS for three years, and from grade 8 was really nice to everyone because eventually you grow up, but at the time it was hilarious and it still kind of is since I still hang out with a few of the kids we used to torment.
Was just joking around.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:07 PM
SlowShot

Quote:
Was just joking around.
Lol oh just checking because on the interwebz you never know.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
DoomMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Since this happened somewhat near me, some facts.

She used to be the bus driver but her hearing/vision detoriated and she still loved her job so she became a bus monitor. If you didn't watch the video then don't put your opinion in because YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE VIDEO. They made her ****ing cry, and for what? I was taught to respect my elders. That could be someone's grandma, mom etc she doesn't deserve that.

Of course you got half the thread full of clowns trying to impress people, who are even bigger losers then the kids who did this. This is a big deal, how do you think things like Columbine happen? Bullying needs to stop and it doesn't matter if the target is an overweight kid, a poor kid, a black kid or a 68 year old bus monitor, it needs to end NOW.

Uh she didn't know about it, the kindness of strangers made this happen. The goal was to get her 5k to go on a vacation, and caring good people went above and beyond that goal. Again, she had no idea about the donations.
Low hanging fruit for people that like to ignore real tragedies & give to stupid ***** like this to make themselves feel better. It's SAD how much money she's getting. That's a tragedy.

If she can't hear and see well, why is she a bus monitor? She's getting paid to do a job that she seems unable to do very well. That's tax dollars she's getting already that she seemingly isn't earning.

The kid's actions ARE ATROCIOUS, and they need to be disciplined, but if thats just one kid he's probably talking to her about her summer vacation. Pack mentality sets in quick though and she just sits there and allows it - I would assume part of the reason tax dollars are going to her is to prevent this nonsense from occurring. She does nothing but cry.

I do feel bad for her, nobody should have to endure that nonsense, but kids can be cruel, and that's a reality everyone that works with children is very much aware of.

DoomMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomMF View Post
Low hanging fruit for people that like to ignore real tragedies & give to stupid ***** like this to make themselves feel better. It's SAD how much money she's getting. That's a tragedy.

If she can't hear and see well, why is she a bus monitor? She's getting paid to do a job that she seems unable to do very well. That's tax dollars she's getting already that she seemingly isn't earning.

The kid's actions ARE ATROCIOUS, and they need to be disciplined, but if thats just one kid he's probably talking to her about her summer vacation. Pack mentality sets in quick though and she just sits there and allows it - I would assume part of the reason tax dollars are going to her is to prevent this nonsense from occurring. She does nothing but cry.

I do feel bad for her, nobody should have to endure that nonsense, but kids can be cruel, and that's a reality everyone that works with children is very much aware of.
You are a very miserable person. Hakuta Matata, my friend. The news went national, and people got emotional. The money is overflowing, but it's not your money, so why do you care so much? Becoming aggravated over it is ridiculous.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
So the goal was $5,000 and it now sits at $341,956 with 29 days to go?

Vacation of a lifetime or lifetime vacation?

Old
06-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I remember 2 girls that I picked on in junior high school.
Jenny Cox and Tiffany ("Titless") Trout.
Don't know what ever happened to Jenny, but Tiffany turned out to be a real looker. And she definitely lost the nickname! She remembered those of us who teased her, though, and wouldn't give us the time of day once she blossomed -- which was after high school.

EDIT: Jenny, Tiffany, if you're out there...I'm sorry.

Sorry, I had to... first thing popped in my head.

Buckets and Gloves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
They're a puerto rican family. They seem like Good parents who aren't home a lot due to work.
and that's one of the biggest problems right now. Parents that maybe good parents but simply aren't involved in their kid's life due to a variety of issues.

My friend's wife has the same issue with some of the kids in her class. Parents aren't there.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomMF View Post

What are you talking about? Kids were never as cruel as that back in my day.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:25 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
What are you talking about? Kids were never as cruel as that back in my day.
Sure they were, just social media/cell phone cameras wasn't around to capture it.

I remember in Grade 9 science class a few kids caused our teacher to run out of the room crying.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Sure they were, just social media/cell phone cameras wasn't around to capture it.

I remember in Grade 9 science class a few kids caused our teacher to run out of the room crying.
I remember being part of a class that forced retire our english teacher, made the first substitute quit and the next two to switch classes. It was actually quite awful.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Gustav Nyquist
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★

My sixth grade English teacher was fired because of how badly my class treated a substitute teacher.