HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kadri to....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2012, 08:50 AM
  #26
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Lol to all the posters calling him soft.... You all know nothing.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:55 AM
  #27
htpwn
Registered User
 
htpwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Poland
Posts: 14,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Why is Kadri in every single leaf proposal? I find it funny that the leaf fans think so highly of this guy yet the try to dump him off in every trade. What is this guy really worth and who wants him on their team?
Three reasons, 1) He's viewed as expendable. If you can get someone who can help immediately, why not pawn the player off? 2) Availability, whenever a player is viewed as available, threads are often created in mass particularly if it is a Leaf player (See: Kulemin threads when KHL questions popped up), and 3) Bust-perception. Like it or not, there is a commonly held belief that Kadri has been a bust despite being all of 21-years-old and outperforming his draft class on average.

Overall it really isn't something that should be read into too deeply. A great number of Leaf fans still have the patience to see Kadri's development through. I'm not going to respond to the value portion of your post, as I don't feel like arguing about it at this time. I think if he ever does get traded, he will be worth quite a bit more than most fans think. GMs are always looking for former top picks higher along the development curve.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:10 AM
  #28
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
I would trade Kipper for him but I am one of the few flames fans that like him still.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:13 AM
  #29
tony d
RIP Hot Rod
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,198
vCash: 500
I think the guy's going to be a very solid NHL player. He won't be a star or anything but I expect him to be a 25-30 goal a year scorer.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:13 AM
  #30
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Why is Kadri in every single leaf proposal? I find it funny that the leaf fans think so highly of this guy yet the try to dump him off in every trade. What is this guy really worth and who wants him on their team?
If im not mistaken leaf fans stopped putting him in proposals. From my recollection the only assets currently being "dumped off in every trade" are Franson, 5th overal, schenn, LACK, with the odd Gardiner and MaCarthur add-on. Definitely haven't been seeing Kadri in these proposals. I still think he has incredible potential. The best part about Kadri is that the Marlies had him playing center this year. His natural skill is IMO top 20 in the NHL. Next season he will have a permanent roster spot and will be a contributing factor to the leafs who WILL make the playoffs next year.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:15 AM
  #31
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeMPV View Post
He seems to be taking a normal course for development, I don't know why everyone rags on him. Not everyone just jumps in the NHL at 18.
It's the me-me attitude we have these days.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:28 AM
  #32
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Zimbabwe
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
The word bust is thrown around far too much when talking about young players.

Has he not lived up to the hype yet, sure maybe but he is still young and has plenty of time to turn things around.

Now that being said, I wouldnt give up anything near close to a 7th overall pick that was used to select him. That is not a knock to him or the leafs. Its just my opinion.
This.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:29 AM
  #33
Saul Alinsky
Community Organizer
 
Saul Alinsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United Nations
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Value is so-so, and probably varies greatly around the league. He's boom or bust, as far as I can tell. Elite skillset, but was always a project because he relied more on skill in junior than what he was taught by coaches.

No point in trading him because any GM taking him on would want to mitigate the high-risk by offering lower value, despite the high-reward potential. As well, he played very well in the AHL playoffs this year. Toronto has invested years of resources into his development, and his value isn't very high, and his potential is that of a 70+ point first-line playmaker.

Unless it's part of a package for an upgrade, I can't see why Toronto would move him.

Saul Alinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:29 AM
  #34
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Kadri is facing incredible expectations. And the guy is what - 20? Some guys need longer to develop, they are not busts or anything because of that. Will Kadri be dominating the NHL? Probably not, but a few years down the road I can see him being a really good Top 6 guy. 20-25 goal scorer probably.

And on top of it: I think Kadri is a great person. Very nice in interviews and seems to have a great character. No arrogance whatsoever.

If the Leafs Fans and Media got off his back (and Schenn's for that matter) and just leave the guys be and develop, both of them would be studs in no time.

I know I'll get heat for that, but I'd love to have Kadri on the Ducks or Habs. And no - don't give me Kadri for Ryan or Kadri for Subban proposals.
I have to agree with you there. I just have this feeling that we will trade him and he will become Ribeiro 2.0.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:37 AM
  #35
RomanianLeafs
Registered User
 
RomanianLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 2,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I think the guy's going to be a very solid NHL player. He won't be a star or anything but I expect him to be a 25-30 goal a year scorer.
this...sadly it will not be toronto the team where he will put those numbers..

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
  #36
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
this...sadly it will not be toronto the team where he will put those numbers..
Why not? Nothing I've read indicates that Brian Burke will trade him.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:59 AM
  #37
n3ss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
He's the new Brayden Schenn. Forever the "Best player not in the NHL"

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
  #38
Gliff
Kesbae
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,922
vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
If the guy hits his max potential he could be around Bobby Ryan levels (a solid 30 / 30 guy) with less size.

Burke kept Ryan down in the AHL for a while too, and that seemed to work out just fine. I like Kadri and I want to hold onto him for now
Burke kept Ryan down an extra year due to cap issues. He would have been up at 20 if not.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
  #39
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time
 
Tim Vezina Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
If im not mistaken leaf fans stopped putting him in proposals. From my recollection the only assets currently being "dumped off in every trade" are Franson, 5th overal, schenn, LACK, with the odd Gardiner and MaCarthur add-on. Definitely haven't been seeing Kadri in these proposals. I still think he has incredible potential. The best part about Kadri is that the Marlies had him playing center this year. His natural skill is IMO top 20 in the NHL. Next season he will have a permanent roster spot and will be a contributing factor to the leafs who WILL make the playoffs next year.
His natural skill is top 20 in the NHL when he hasn't even played a full season in the NHL yet? I'm on board with his high potential, but statements like that are why hes ragged on all the time. If you meant top 20 prospect, then thats fine.

I also wouldnt be so matter of fact about the Leafs making the POs next year. Theyve made zero changes to their roster thus far, and the 5th overall likely wont even suit up for them next year haha.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
  #40
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,533
vCash: 500
Kadri to Ottawa for Filatov! E5


Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
His natural skill is IMO top 20 in the NHL.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:33 AM
  #41
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
If im not mistaken leaf fans stopped putting him in proposals. From my recollection the only assets currently being "dumped off in every trade" are Franson, 5th overal, schenn, LACK, with the odd Gardiner and MaCarthur add-on. Definitely haven't been seeing Kadri in these proposals. I still think he has incredible potential. The best part about Kadri is that the Marlies had him playing center this year. His natural skill is IMO top 20 in the NHL. Next season he will have a permanent roster spot and will be a contributing factor to the leafs who WILL make the playoffs next year.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is crazy. I guess he will be leading the Leafs to a Cup very soon

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:42 AM
  #42
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
One delusional poster is implying that his skill-set is top 20, no need to go overboard.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:55 AM
  #43
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
One delusional poster is implying that his skill-set is top 20, no need to go overboard.
Don't worry, we know it's one person. I see other Leaf fans saying he has 2nd line talent.

You have to admit, that post is pretty funny.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:00 AM
  #44
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
His natural skill is top 20 in the NHL when he hasn't even played a full season in the NHL yet? I'm on board with his high potential, but statements like that are why hes ragged on all the time. If you meant top 20 prospect, then thats fine.

I also wouldnt be so matter of fact about the Leafs making the POs next year. Theyve made zero changes to their roster thus far, and the 5th overall likely wont even suit up for them next year haha.
Skill doesnt make you a complete player. Skill makes you a talented individual athlete. My reference doesn't include contact, physicality, team play and in game scenarios.

Perhaps some people perceive skill differently then i do. IMO It is the ability to be crafty, to deceive, to puck handle, to shift, to see the ice. Does it include the ability to drive hard and wide to the net? Not to me.

I've played hockey my entire life, and have seen plenty of the "most skilled players on the ice" amount to nothing as hockey players. Not insinuating hes gods gift which is how you are perceiving my statement. Its the natural ability of the individual athlete outside if a hockey game.

Perhaps i used the top 20 stat in a very loose fashion.. However as an example... Johnny Mac (ex blue jays short stop) is probably the most skilled and natural fielder in the league. Has the softest hands and can bring in any ball. The guy cant hit worth **** which prevents him from getting a regular starting spot. Does that mean hes not the most skilled short stop in the game?

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:03 AM
  #45
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Don't worry, we know it's one person. I see other Leaf fans saying he has 2nd line talent.

You have to admit, that post is pretty funny.
I also think he has 2nd line potential. I just feel he has a tremendous skill set. maybe i went over board without thinking, however i still stand by the base of my statement. Do i feel hes a good enough all around consistent player? Absolutely not.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:07 AM
  #46
ap3lovr
Registered User
 
ap3lovr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iqaluit
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
I would say Leaf fans always throw him into proposals because in most leaf trades proposed, people don't want to give up any roster players leaving only prospects and picks. Kadri is our best prospect not in the NHL so in an attempt to not rip off other teams for their star forwards, he is added in the proposal usually with a message "Kadri can eventually replace the offense lost from _____". I don't think that it's any leaf fan trying to get rid of him, almost all leaf fans still value him quite highly, I think it is just the fans see that he is the prospect that has to be apart of any package for a good forward.
This thought process bothers me. You have a team that is bad, so instead of giving up roster pieces you want to trade away futures? I don't think there is a single player in that organization that should be considered untouchable at this point.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:08 AM
  #47
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Skill doesnt make you a complete player. Skill makes you a talented individual athlete. My reference doesn't include contact, physicality, team play and in game scenarios.

Perhaps some people perceive skill differently then i do. IMO It is the ability to be crafty, to deceive, to puck handle, to shift, to see the ice. Does it include the ability to drive hard and wide to the net? Not to me.

I've played hockey my entire life, and have seen plenty of the "most skilled players on the ice" amount to nothing as hockey players. Not insinuating hes gods gift which is how you are perceiving my statement. Its the natural ability of the individual athlete outside if a hockey game.

Perhaps i used the top 20 stat in a very loose fashion.. However as an example... Johnny Mac (ex blue jays short stop) is probably the most skilled and natural fielder in the league. Has the softest hands and can bring in any ball. The guy cant hit worth **** which prevents him from getting a regular starting spot. Does that mean hes not the most skilled short stop in the game?
When you are saying that he has skill even close to guys like Datsyuk, Malkin, St Louis, Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, even newer guys like Seguin, RNH, Hall, Karlsson, etc, it is pretty easy for most of us to see that you are probably overrating his skill. I have watched Kadri play, he was and is a good player, but he is not top 20 skill wise in the NHL. Maybe the AHL, I didn't think he was top 20 most skilled players in junior either especially when you consider the players who played in junior during the time he was there and not just his draft class.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:12 AM
  #48
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I also think he has 2nd line potential. I just feel he has a tremendous skill set. maybe i went over board without thinking, however i still stand by the base of my statement. Do i feel hes a good enough all around consistent player? Absolutely not.
Sometimes it is easy to get excited about a player, it happens to a lot of us. I know I am just as guilty as anyone so I know how it feels .

He does have tremendous skill, he will be a good player someday I have little doubt.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:21 AM
  #49
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful
 
I am Canadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
When you are saying that he has skill even close to guys like Datsyuk, Malkin, St Louis, Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, even newer guys like Seguin, RNH, Hall, Karlsson, etc, it is pretty easy for most of us to see that you are probably overrating his skill. I have watched Kadri play, he was and is a good player, but he is not top 20 skill wise in the NHL. Maybe the AHL, I didn't think he was top 20 most skilled players in junior either especially when you consider the players who played in junior during the time he was there and not just his draft class.
If by skill he means shootouts that I would bet Kadri would be up there with the best of em.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:22 AM
  #50
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Don't worry, we know it's one person. I see other Leaf fans saying he has 2nd line talent.

You have to admit, that post is pretty funny.
Some players with great skill sets never pan out


candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.