HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

2012-13 Schedule Released

Old
06-22-2012, 10:34 AM
tntkid

vCash: 500
Curious to see if Sid will actually come to Winnipeg this season.

Disappointed with no Anaheim especially if Selanne plays this season. Might have to make a Minnesota trip to see him play on March 14th.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
chancemc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repoman View Post
Since I start work at 5am I am happy with the change to 7pm start times. There were a handful of games when i worked a 12-13 hr day and was just too tired to go to the game knowing i had to be up at 4am the next day. On the flip side, I don't really like the increase in afternoon games as I am usually working until 2 - 3 pm on the weekends.
im sure ur rich as sin but dam id be looking for a new job lol

chancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:35 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Good gravy, just over a year ago we didn't have an NHL team, now the start times are such an inconvenience.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:55 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
As someone who had a birthday close to christmas (dec 27th) I'll say that having a birth near Christmas sucked as a kid. So as someone that hated having a bday close to Chirstmas, my advice would be the have the csection as far away from X-mas as possible.
I've heard that. Maybe we can have it done on new years eve. He/she will appreciate it when they are an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Will the wife be thrilled about that?

(also, congrats!)
Thanks. She just looked at me and said, "oh, that's nice". I'm guessing I'll be in trouble when I go to the game.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
I've heard that. Maybe we can have it done on new years eve. He/she will appreciate it when they are an adult.
If you want your kid to be a hockey player wait until January 1...trust me, it is a huge advantage to be near the top of ages playing, at the younger formative ages 6-12 months advantage can be huge and spring your kid into being better. It is also awesome for getting license first, etc. Although it does kinda suck for 18th birthday since none of the friends are legal (as a December birthday, the only nice thing was everybody could come to the bar on my 18th )

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
JordyRamone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pice View Post
for the people who have half season packages, does the group that got the home opener/odd # games last year (I think "A") get the home opener again? Or does it switch each year?
I am pretty sure whoever got the home opener last year wont this year but does anyone know?

JordyRamone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

Guess a lot of us 9 - 5 'ers will have to fire up the PVR to record the 2 afternoon road games that are scheduled on U.S. holidays

Fri Nov 23 2:00 in Philly (Black Friday in States)
Mon Jan 21 12 noon at NYI (Martin Luther King day in States)

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
Guess a lot of us 9 - 5 'ers will have to fire up the PVR to record the 2 afternoon road games that are scheduled on U.S. holidays

Fri Nov 23 2:00 in Philly (Black Friday in States)
Mon Jan 21 12 noon at NYI (Martin Luther King day in States)
Good catch, did not even notice that. So calling in sick for those days.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
Anyone thinking of going to the Jets California doubleheader, Feb.23 vs Kings + Feb.24 vs Ducks?

EDIT: and does anyone remember those two guys who came to Winnipeg last year for a game and got all that local presstime? Think they were Ducks fans?

Last edited by mzappa: 06-26-2012 at 12:02 PM.
mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:08 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Anyone thinking of going to the Jets California doubleheader, Feb.23 vs Kings + Feb.24 vs Ducks?

EDIT: and does anyone remember those two guys who came to Winnipeg last year for a game and got all that local presstime? Think they were Ducks fans?
They were Sharks fans, airshark was the user name of one of them I think. I don't think anyone would have voluntarily given up Ducks tickets, even to out of town visitors, for free

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield;51359657[B
]If you want your kid to be a hockey player wait until January 1...trust me, it is a huge advantage to be near the top of ages playing, at the younger formative ages 6-12 months advantage can be huge and spring your kid into being better.[/B] It is also awesome for getting license first, etc. Although it does kinda suck for 18th birthday since none of the friends are legal (as a December birthday, the only nice thing was everybody could come to the bar on my 18th )
It is shocking how big of a difference this makes. I"m guessing you read Outliers?

That was an amazing study and it's insane how obvious the effect is. It really makes you wonder why it hasn't been noticed/accomodated before.

talent is arbitrary.
practice time is key
ice time is practice time
bigger/more developed means more ice time
older means bigger(8 months is huge when your 6)

thus players born in the first two months of a cut off date have
received more practice time their entire lives and are thus far more likely to continue getting special attention and becoming elite hockey players.

The numbers are shocking, like, 50% of the league is born in january-march or something ridiculous like that.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
It is shocking how big of a difference this makes. I"m guessing you read Outliers?

That was an amazing study and it's insane how obvious the effect is. It really makes you wonder why it hasn't been noticed/accomodated before.

talent is arbitrary.
practice time is key
ice time is practice time
bigger/more developed means more ice time
older means bigger(8 months is huge when your 6)

thus players born in the first two months of a cut off date have
received more practice time their entire lives and are thus far more likely to continue getting special attention and becoming elite hockey players.

The numbers are shocking, like, 50% of the league is born in january-march or something ridiculous like that.
hmmm, so maybe that's where we're missing the mark!

Jets only have 3 guys born Jan - March Antro, Hainsey and Buff !
and 16 out of 24 guys born July - Dec

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote