HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Draft Thread IV (June 22-23)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
"Holy crap! Everyone KNOWS that you have to have complex carbohydrates for breakfast; it helps with satiety and also provides a slow release of energy throughout the day! Typical Howson, just NEEDING to go against conventional logic like always!!!!!"

(Am I doing this right?)

"Huh huh huh, the only joke is what we've become. I'm so clever."

(Am I doing that right?)

Ask tough questions: too mean on 18-year-olds.
Don't ask too tough of questions: Nikita Filatov ends up happening, and why the hell wouldn't you want to see the mental makeup of an 18-year-old?

I think everyone's cracking up...and I don't mean with laughter.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 06-22-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: qdp
Old
06-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Roadman
Moving On

NHL Live Mock Draft on the NHL network on now

#1 EDM Yakupov

#2 CBJ Murray

Old
06-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Stretch Factor

I don't think Howson has any interest in Nail or Murray. Right or wrong, he's not drafting a Russian that high. He also doesn't/hasn't drafted a defenseman that high. I think he either trades the pick and drafts Forsburg/BPA or takes Forsburg at #2.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:30 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch Factor View Post
I don't think Howson has any interest in Nail or Murray. Right or wrong, he's not drafting a Russian that high. He also doesn't/hasn't drafted a defenseman that high. I think he either trades the pick and drafts Forsburg/BPA or takes Forsburg at #2.
Howson has said we won't pass over anybody just because they are Russian...

Old
06-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Watching the mock draft on NHL live.

OMG every one of these guys is an all star, thebest there is, an absolute guarantee.

The clips are fun.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
We will probably trade down
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
#1-Mackinnon
#2-Jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
So, who are we gonna draft with the #1 pick next year?!?

After reading about a year in which the top 2 picks were busts, GMSH decides to trade the chance to draft either of those two to the team with the 11th pick and and a second rounder from said team in 2015.

Upon reading many critical comments, a small group of discussion board members defend GMSH for not wasting a #2 on a potential bust.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Anybody still have the screenshot of the Puckrakers Headline that said "Gormley is the Pick"?
Getting caught up after a late day at work, and realizing that there is nothing to get caught up on...

Anyways, KBW - you ask and you shall receive:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puckrakersfailsmall.jpg‎ (51.7 KB, 86 views)

Old
06-21-2012, 06:51 PM
jacks johnson

@EricSmithHockey: Rumor that #CBJ might be targeting Galchenyuk according to USA Today http://t.co/agaLxWyo #NHLDraft

Old
06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Johnson View Post
@EricSmithHockey: Rumor that #CBJ might be targeting Galchenyuk according to USA Today http://t.co/agaLxWyo #NHLDraft
fine with me if Yakupov goes #1

Old
06-21-2012, 06:55 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Finally a voice of reason.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:56 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Good... Assuming the first overall is indeed Yakupov, This is the guy I want too.

And thanks for finding that pick Nana.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Lets hope. Howson said he doesn't care about nationality and he's going to pick who he thinks is the best in the future, not now. I guess Galchenyuk could fit that idea. So could Forsberg.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM
bizzz*

Here's Laronov's interview (in Russian): http://www.sports.ru/hockey/141555388.html
As any agent he's praising his client, and the last question for unknown reason was about Columbus especially. The Jackets representatives were talking to Yakupov AND his family members and Larionov said that if Columbus gets Nail that won't be a problem for anybody.

Also there's no chance that Yakupov would go to the KHL. Anyone understands that the NHL is the best league, but some idiots in Russia are still coming with demands to keep Russians in the KHL. I think Galchenyuk chose U.S. citizenship to prevent all the possible talks about him going there.

On the other hand I saw some rumors that Grigorenko will play for CSKA next year - they've got a huge financial possibilities cause Rosneft (the government's oil company) is their sponsor now. Expect Grigorenko to fall far back also cause some people are saying that he's actually older than 18 - Russians possibly has changed his date of birth in paperwork... In the same conversation some people claimed that Ovechkin actually was born in 1983 - his mother's old biography says that she retired in 1982 and had 1st child in 1983... Changing the date of birth allows kids to play for the junior national teams longer and that was a common practice back in the USSR.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Lets hope. Howson said he doesn't care about nationality and he's going to pick who he thinks is the best in the future, not now. I guess Galchenyuk could fit that idea. So could Forsberg.
Galchenyuk may also be the best player right now.

I've said before that the average junior player knows nothing about diet and conditioning. But if a player suffers a severe injury (like Galchenyuk did) and has nothing to do except rehab and work out, he may well have sculpted himself into something closer to NHL shape than someone who was unhurt. So there may actually be a shorter physical development curve in his case.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Random conspiracy theory: Maybe Forsberg is the guy if we trade down, or get another high draft pick in return for Nash?

Yeah, it's completely unfounded, silly, and improbable. But that's the standard around here, apparently, and it doesn't involve running around half-cocked.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 06-22-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: qdp
Old
06-21-2012, 07:12 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Here's Laronov's interview (in Russian): http://www.sports.ru/hockey/141555388.html
As any agent he's praising his client, and the last question for unknown reason was about Columbus especially. The Jackets representatives were talking to Yakupov AND his family members and Larionov said that if Columbus gets Nail that won't be a problem for anybody.

Also there's no chance that Yakupov would go to the KHL. Anyone understands that the NHL is the best league, but some idiots in Russia are still coming with demands to keep Russians in the KHL. I think Galchenyuk chose U.S. citizenship to prevent all the possible talks about him going there.
Please please please Nail

Old
06-21-2012, 07:16 PM
bizzz*

I really hope the Jackets get Alex. Gally's nationality is Belarusian and he's a U.S citizen, so he's not Russian by any means. Well, he spent a few years in Russia when his father was coaching over there, but that's about it. I remember his father - hard worker, great character, and Alex looks and sounds just like him.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:16 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Just so I know the ground rules, if Howson drafts the equivalent of Thomas Hickey, trades Nash to get Jeff Carter back and/or acquires Andrew Raycroft as our #1 goaltender, are those topics that involve his incompetence as a central theme?

I just want to make sure I know which of the responsibilities of the general manager are and aren't fair game since the team's overall performance that resulted in them receiving the #2 pick apparently is not one of those topics.
Well, you know Capn, its going to be Tyler's pick....

Old
06-21-2012, 07:27 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I really hope the Jackets get Alex. Gally's nationality is Belarusian and he's a U.S citizen, so he's not Russian by any means. Well, he spent a few years in Russia when his father was coaching over there, but that's about it. I remember his father - hard worker, great character, and Alex looks and sounds just like him.
I agree with you. There's a big difference culturally. Heck, there's a big difference culturally between various regions of Russia (not unlike here).

Old
06-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

I've come to terms with the idea that any of Yakupov, Murray, Galy or Forsberg would be a good pick. I'll give them some benefit of the doubt as to which one will be the best 3-5 years from now, because their guess is as good as mine.

But, if we drop lower than 4 and end up with someone else when we finally got a top 2 pick, there better be a damn good current player coming our way to make up for losing out on these four players.

I'm still optimistic, but with the talk of moving down and trading Nash, I'd just like to get through tomorrow night without having to dig up the 'Is this your lowest point as a CBJ fan?' thread. A little positive momentum would be nice.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
My list goes as follows...

1. Yak
2. Yuk
3. Murray
4. Forsberg

I'll be bouncing of the walls if they draft 1 or 2, feel pretty good about 3 and excited in three years about 4, but if Howson used the second overall on someone else, I have my sniper in Pittsburgh ready to go.

I'm assuming round one is on NBC Sports and the other rounds are on the NHL network on Saturday. Will there be a stream of the later rounds anywhere, I don't get the NHL network anymore

Old
06-21-2012, 07:54 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

All of Murray, Forsberg, Yakupov, and Galch will be first/2nd liners/pairing defenseman. We are going to get a good player.

IMO. Yakupov = 1st liner, superstar
Forsberg = 2nd liner, someone you need for every team
Galchenyuk = 1st liner if he can get back a year of his development. More likely 2nd liner
Murray = 2nd pairing captain.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:57 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
All of Murray, Forsberg, Yakupov, and Galch will be first/2nd liners/pairing defenseman. We are going to get a good player.

IMO. Yakupov = 1st liner, superstar
Forsberg = 2nd liner, someone you need for every team
Galchenyuk = 1st liner if he can get back a year of his development. More likely 2nd liner
Murray = 2nd pairing captain.
That's if the trajectory of their development stays in a straight line. Plus, Forsberg would have to adapt well to the smaller North American playing surface.

Old
06-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 50
I certainly hope that we draft a goalie high in this draft to start developing that position in our system.

We need to become a team which drafts and develops goalies.

Old
06-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 50
I will go on record saying that I think that the Jackets want Murray, and if he isn't available, then they try to trade down.

Closed Thread