Holloway plays RW I believe. And I doubt he ever plays another game for this organization unless he's willing to go back to Manch. Kitsyn had a step back this past year and is going to be stuck in a bad situation for another year. Holding my breath on him. King IMO has graduated. He's a full time NHLer now. Kaunitso isn't being brought back. But even with all that, somehow, our LW pool is STILL better than before.
Well when our Prospects we actually have on LW are only ....
Pearson NEW Draftee, not included in previous write ups
Prokhorkin NEW Draftee, not included in previous write ups
Holloway (FLED to Europe to get PAID)
Kitsyn (STUCK in Europe) King Mersch Schumacher Lowry
Kaunisto (Non-Qualified RFA, now UFA) Meckler
IMHO, you guys are largely spoiled. I challenge you to scrutinize the LW prospects of any other org. and present a list with more depth of quality and quantity than our own.
Spoiled? Because we agree the depth and quality of LW's in the system IE: not on the NHL team IS below average? None of those guys really stand out, and a few of the guys you mentioned weren't even drafted yet when that was made.
I challenge you to scrutinize the LW prospects of any other org. and present a list with more depth of quality and quantity than our own.
OK ... challenge accepted
Team Strengths, Depth at left wing
1. Chris Kreider Pro - 8.0 - C
2. Carl Hagelin Pro - 7.0 - A
3. Mats Zuccarello Pro - 7.0 - C
4. Marek Hrivik CHL - 6.5 - C
5. Tommy Grant Pro - 6.5 - C
6. Greg Beller NCAA - 6.5 - F
7. Jason Wilson Pro - 5.5 - C
8. Chris Chappell Pro - 5.5 - C
9. Roman Psurny Europe - 5.5 - F
Not sure, don't think NYR have any NEW Draftee LW's ?
Team Weaknesses, Well below average in left wing prospects
1. Maxim Kitsyn KHL - 7.0 - D (STUCK in Contract on a BAD KHL team)
2. Dwight King Pro - 6.5 - B
3. Michael Mersch NCAA - 6.5 - C
4. Michael Schumacher Europe - 6.5 - C
5. Bud Holloway Pro - 6.5 - F (FLED to Europe for $, unlikely to be a King)
6. Joel Lowry NCAA - 6.0 - C
7. Ray Kaunisto Pro - 5.5 - C (Non-Qualified RFA/UFA, no longer w/ Kings)
8. David Meckler Pro - 5.5 - D (YOU yourself wrote "should probably move on")
9. Pearson NEW Draftee, not included in previous write ups so doesn't count yet
10. Prokhorkin NEW Draftee, not included in previous write ups so doesn't count yet
Seriously ... I didn't even have to try hard, the Kings were smart to draft a couple new LW's because they've most likely lost lost Holloway, Kaunisto and who knows about Kitsyn ?