HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

All Encompassing Draft Day Thread (Formerly Yakupov Thread)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 06:29 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Tremendous #2 C is what we need lol

Old
06-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Problem with Gally is he missed basically his whole second year of junior. And then the Oilers would be throwing him to the wolves by playing him in the NHL. Set up for failure if they can't get him a good supporting cast.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Eskimo44

I don't how my thread that has zero info on Nail Yakupov belongs in the Nail Yakupov thread... I would never look for this in here.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I don't how my thread that has zero info on Nail Yakupov belongs in the Nail Yakupov thread... I would never look for this in here.
It's a good thing there's a helpful "merged" link. I'm glad you found it.

I think it's important at this stage of the game to keep everything encompassed to a couple select thread, and while this one may say Yakupov, it's about the 1st OV selection and who that may be. Don't be surprised to see this thread becomes the all encompassing Draft Day GDT Thread in the near future. #modinsider

Old
06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
sandhu111

dregger said hes pretty sure that the oilers are taking murray

Old
06-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Maybe we need to change the topic title..? Seems to be a lot more than Yakupov discussion in here lol

Old
06-21-2012, 06:40 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post

I think it's important at this stage of the game to keep everything encompassed to a couple select thread, and while this one may say Yakupov, it's about the 1st OV selection and who that may be. Don't be surprised to see this thread becomes the all encompassing Draft Day GDT Thread in the near future. #modinsider
#savinginterwebmegahurtzesonethreadatatime

Old
06-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:

It takes you to page one, that will be a pain in the ass to utilize as this thread grows. It's fine i just don't think a non Yakupov thread belongs in a Yakupov thread (it's name would lead anybody to believe this is a Yakupov thread). I think this is more relevant than 95% of the things that will be written on here, thats all. There's also no point in me editing it to include Yakupov when it gets posted. I think like 10 people will see it, being post 294 or whatever in a massive thread doesn't make this very accessible, and makes it feel like a bit of a waste of time. I'm not pissed, i'm just saying my opinion on it is all...

Last edited by Eskimo44: 06-21-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old
06-21-2012, 06:44 PM
PikNailAndWeWontFail

I have a feeling Edmonton is leaning more towards Murray. To be honest I would rather have Reilly on my team. They project Murray to be a shutdown defender but we already have those players on our team in Smid and Shultz, what we need is an offensive defenseman!!!
But with no question we should pick Yakupov!!!

Old
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
BlueChip01

Here is an article from CBC
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...e-yakupov.html

"You take the best player, Yakupov," said a chief scout from another team who has a Stanley Cup ring. "Is an 18-year-old defenceman like Murray going to help you right away like Yakupov, a natural goal scorer, can?

"Defencemen take time to develop, and I'm not even convinced that Murray is the best defencemen in this class. Will he be any better than [Morgan] Rielly, Griffin Reinhart, [Matt] Dumba, [Jacob] Trouba, Cody Ceci or the Swedish kid [Hampus] Lindholm? I don't think so."

Old
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
amancalledsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhu111 View Post
So glad we won the lottery then. So much for taking the BPA and instead taking a player we could have got at #2!!

Old
06-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
It takes you to page one, that will be a pain in the ass to utilize as this thread grows. It's fine i just don't think a non Yakupov thread belongs in a Yakupov thread (it's name would lead anybody to believe this is a Yakupov thread). I think this is more relevant than 95% of the things that will be written on here, thats all. I'm just sayin...
I hear you.

But the FTHM series has been discussed in these threads and I didn't feel a separate thread warranted it at this time. We're nearing critical mass here and keeping all similar discussions in one thread I believe is beneficial.

Besides... who do you think the last FTHM entry is going to be about?

Old
06-21-2012, 06:50 PM
oilphan

Quote:
Even if Murray ends up being the best player in the class it is still a bad pick.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

So much misinformation and BS. You never see this kind of garbage when it comes to the draft in the other professional leagues. TSN makes a big theatrical show out of the freaking NHL draft and free agent day and we loopy Canadians lap it up like pabulum.

Dear James Duthie,

You're an ass.

Signed,
Moonlapse Vertigo

Old
06-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
I hear you.

But the FTHM series has been discussed in these threads and I didn't feel a separate thread warranted it at this time. We're nearing critical mass here and keeping all similar discussions in one thread I believe is beneficial.

Besides... who do you think the last FTHM entry is going to be about?
I understand, i just think something so comprehensive and relevant doesn't really need to be merged. It wasn't an opinion piece and i was hoping to update it with Yakupov's info (i already added a bit to Reinhart). Like i said i never saw anything compiled like this on here, and i posted it seperate so it wouldn't get lost. I found something on Samulesson, if i add it to the post does it become more than a 1st overall thread? Maybe i should have done that...lol. Maybe i will try it again with some other prospects i've seen MacGregor discuss, if it's allright with you.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Problem with Gally is he missed basically his whole second year of junior. And then the Oilers would be throwing him to the wolves by playing him in the NHL. Set up for failure if they can't get him a good supporting cast.
Gally could be a great player in the future but is too much of a gamble at #1. I can see where they have no interest in picking him 1st. If they get another high draft pick then they should consider him though.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
So much misinformation and BS. You never see this kind of garbage when it comes to the draft in the other professional leagues. TSN makes a big theatrical show out of the freaking NHL draft and free agent day and we loopy Canadians lap it up like pabulum.

Dear James Duthie,

You're an ass.

Signed,
Moonlapse Vertigo
Fans of other sports missing out then, most enjoyable draft in sports.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
I understand, i just think something so comprehensive and relevant doesn't really need to be merged. It wasn't an opinion piece and i was hoping to update it with Yakupov's info (i already added a bit to Reinhart). Like i said i never saw anything compiled like this on here, and i posted it seperate so it wouldn't get lost. I found something on Samulesson, if i add it to the post does it become more than a 1st overall thread? Maybe i should have done that...lol
You can add the Samuelsson bit to the Draft Prospect Info Thread.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Fans of other sports missing out then, most enjoyable draft in sports.
It's all fabricated nonsense. Americans arguably love football more than we love hockey and you don't see this kind of self-important garbage at the NFL draft.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
You can add the Samuelsson bit to the Draft Prospect Info Thread.
Merge 'em...Tired of jumping back and forth to have almost the same conversation...

Old
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
What did Duthie say?

Old
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

Dear James Duthie,

You're an ass.

Signed,
Moonlapse Vertigo
Seconded,

Me.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredMan View Post
What did Duthie say?
He just conducted his trillionth Brian Burke interview a few minutes ago. Enlightening, as always.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:02 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
****ing awesome. win draft lottery, draft worse player. make a trade with columbus if your going to draft murray you dumb **** tamby

Old
06-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

I look forward to tomorrow night when we can return to our natural state of complaining about management always taking the easy path. This whole panicking about them taking the hard path just feels abnormal.

Closed Thread