HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XIII - UnoLussy (Mod Warning In OP)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 02:39 AM
SunshineRays

vCash: 500
Not sure if posted already, but now Dreger is saying on late night Sportsnet that as many as 4 teams could have interest in Lu (not 3 like earlier today).

Personally, I think Dreger is being fed his information from limited sources (Burke is definitely one of them). It would explain his broadcasts which change hourly, such as: 'Canucks will have to take a large contract back', 'No ones interested in Luongo cause of his contract' etc etc. Now suddenly there's up to 4 teams interested. I mean get your story straight Dreger. These guys haven't pinned anything for sure and it's 12 hrs from the draft. Isn't that their job? I just don't trust these guys, I feel like some of them quite often have agendas. I think his broadcasts are ever changing cause he's getting no info from Gillis - Dregers pretty much said that as well. So how to these 'insiders' have any rea; information if they're not talking to the main guy who would be getting phone calls re: Luongo?!?

I think there are more than 4 interested teams. I think it's why Gillis has been more patient in his approach, saying things like "we could go into next season with both goaltenders". Also why Gillis isn't telling other GM's what he wants in return for Lu. Strategically, I think he's projecting something of a 'silent auction.' It's risky, but kind of genius. Since no other GMs know what Gillis wants or what the baseline is, the offers for Lu could vary widely. Then Gillis takes the best offer and runs.

Last edited by SunshineRays: 06-22-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old
06-22-2012, 02:41 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
On Columbus he is a 4.2M top pairing dman.
Ballard on a top pairing isn't something that any team aspiring to not make last place finishes a habit should be looking forward to.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:42 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provost View Post
Because they had no value to anyone else and even rebuilding teams have a few veterans on their rosters. In this case for short term and virtually no money....

Does having added Smyth mean that the Oilers weren't rebuilding?
That trade didn't happen because EDM pursued Smyth; it happened because Smyth wanted to go to EDM and Lombardi accommodated it by getting completely fleeced.

Since when wouldn't a 55-point player have value at the deadline as a rental? $2.5M is "virtually no money"?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Zombotron
WD-57

I'm not excited for A Lu to a Kill. IMO it was one of the weakest of the series. However, The Lu-ving Daylights and Lu-cense to Kill brought the series back to its roots, and are fine films, up there with the best of them.

(of course, this is all contingent on what happens tomorrow...we may have to cancel the series altogether. Oh my.)

Old
06-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Not sure if posted already, but now Dreger is saying on late night Sportsnet that as many as 4 teams could have interest in Lu (not 3 like earlier today).

Personally, I think Dreger is being fed his information from limited sources. It would explain his broadcast which change hourly, such as: 'Canucks will have to take a large contract back', 'No ones interested in Luongo cause of his contract' etc etc. No way Gillis tells the 'insiders' how many teams are interested in his goalie - it could hurt his negotiation tactics. But I also think that over the next few days, maybe weeks, more teams will be interested in him - just my little theory.
Lawrence Gillman, who typically gives up nothing for information was quoted by Iain Mac

Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun
Canuck AGM Gilman on goalie trade talks: "There is interest in place right now. Conceivable we could make a deal this weekend."

Old
06-22-2012, 02:45 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
I'm not excited for A Lu to a Kill. IMO it was one of the weakest of the series. However, The Lu-ving Daylights and Lu-cense to Kill brought the series back to its roots, and are fine films, up there with the best of them.

(of course, this is all contingent on what happens tomorrow...we may have to cancel the series altogether. Oh my.)
I'm looking forward to Golden-Lu and Trade Talk Never Dies

Old
06-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Oh, oh! Is that the one where Burke takes a giant sea drill to the face at the end?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:57 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
To get Lu the world is not enough.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:58 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post
Lawrence Gillman, who typically gives up nothing for information was quoted by Iain Mac

Canuck AGM Gilman on goalie trade talks: "There is interest in place right now. Conceivable we could make a deal this weekend."
Honestly, aside from the Sedin's deal, which was god knows how many years ago, when has Burke delivered a deal? Pronger I suppose, but the Leafs aren't in that spot.

I see Luo going elsewhere and the whole hockey world looking in amazement when Burke wouldn't offer something similar.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:03 AM
redthrowaway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Ballard on a top pairing isn't something that any team aspiring to not make last place finishes a habit should be looking forward to.
You're saying we should send him to the Oilers?

Old
06-22-2012, 03:06 AM
SexyJoffreyLupul

best trade proposal ive seen so far

PHI L. Schenn, Raymond
TOR Luongo
VAN JVR Second round

TOR gives up Schenn and2nd
PHI gives up jvr
VAN gives up raymond and Luongo

Old
06-22-2012, 03:10 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyJoffreyLupul View Post

PHI L. Schenn, Raymond
TOR Luongo
VAN JVR Second round

PHI gives up jvr
I'd take that as a Canucks fan.

I still can't believe a Flyers fan proposed that. PHI is getting shafted in that trade, IMO.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:13 AM
redthrowaway*

Quote:

I still can't believe a Flyers fan proposed that. PHI is getting shafted in that trade, IMO.
Agreed. Hell, though, if it's on offer I jump on it. JVR's a stud, and we could use the 2nd to fill in other holes. Me likey.

EDIT: Although are we allowed to trade a play we've filed arbitration against?

Last edited by redthrowaway*: 06-22-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old
Provost

Quote:
Since when wouldn't a 55-point player have value at the deadline as a rental? $2.5M is "virtually no money"?
Here are a couple of good quotes from articles about Prospal and Columbus... a couple of seconds on Google and you could have realized why signing Prospal is not evidence that they planned on a "win now" strategy.

I.

Following Wednesday's signing of Vinny Prospal to a one-year contract extension, Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch asked GM Scott Howson if the "nuclear" option of blowing up the team, i.e. dealing the likes of Nash and Jeff Carter, was still possible.

"It doesn't change that at all," Howson told Portzline. "(Prospal) is going to be here either way."

II.

However, there is a catch in Prospal’s case. His contract extension came with an understanding that he will have a job in management with the Jackets when his playing career is over.

“Sometimes it’s good to be part of something good being built,” he said. “That’s what we’re trying to do in here right now.”

III.

The contract itself is valued at $2.5 million. This is excellent value for a 40-50 point player who's main objective is to mentor the young forwards and be a positive voice in the room.

Last edited by Provost: 06-22-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old
SexyJoffreyLupul

Quote:

rumor was that there was supposed to be a schenn/ JVR deal straight up until JVR got injured. I think the flyers expect the schenn bros to push each other and elevate each other's game

Old
06-22-2012, 03:15 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:

I will second it, but I am still not sure why Philly does it.

guess im the third

Old
06-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I will second it, but I am still not sure why Philly does it.
Considering it's Raymond for JVR. But **** me, the notion of JVR playing on Kesler's wing...

Old
06-22-2012, 03:22 AM
SunshineRays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post

That's only part of the actual quote. The full interview is on Canucks.com webpage.

Full quote:
Quote:
"There is interest in place right now. It is conceivable we could make a deal this weekend. That being said, it's also possible that we don't do anything before we leave Pittsburg."
In the same interview, he was also stated:
Quote:
"There is a possibility that we go forward with both goaltenders being here. Everyone seems to think that's it's a preordained thing that somebody is going. But that scenario does exist as well, anythings possible at this point".
It's called talking in circles. Learned from entry level Gillis class 'Give them Nothing Unless It's Part Of Our Strategy 101'. The never say anything. They never give you a 'dot' in which smart people can start to 'connect the dots'. Gillis is a very strategic person, we see this in how he uniquely runs the Canucks every yr. I'm convinced he's holding something of a silent auction for Luongo.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:22 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:

PHI L. Schenn, Raymond
TOR Luongo
VAN JVR Second round

PHI gives up jvr
I'd do it but why would Phily?
So they can have 2 starting goalies taking up 11M in cap space for most of the next decade?

Old
06-22-2012, 03:27 AM
SexyJoffreyLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
So they can have 2 starting goalies taking up 11M in cap space for most of the next decade?
a philly fan proposed it and a lot on the philly board liked it. It does address their need for a shutdown d man and a replacement for jagr

Old
06-22-2012, 03:32 AM
redthrowaway*

Quote:
a philly fan proposed it and a lot on the philly board liked it. It does address their need for a shutdown d man and a replacement for jagr
Wait, they want Raymond as a replacement for Jagr? I... wha...

*ahem*

I suppose a deal could be made.

Seriously, though, I'm not knocking Raymond. If he has a bounce-back year, he'll be fantastic and a steal, to boot. Also, it does make sense that Philly wouldn't value JVR's size as much as we do, given the fact that they're already beefy. It might not actually be that bad of a move, for them. Raymond's the kind of player that fans hate, but coaches and GMs love. He drives play, and get o-zone faceoffs. Lots of them.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:34 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
PHI gets L. Schenn and M. Raymond. TOR gets R. Luongo in that trade.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:36 AM
SunshineRays

Quote:

Ya, Canucks don't do this deal.

Canucks give up a #1 goaltender and a 2nd line winger, for...... a different 2nd line winger and 2nd round draft pick? This new 2nd line winger (JVR) makes $2.5M more and had virtually the exact same point totals as the winger they just traded (Raymond) -- as well as a #1 goaltender. Can't see this one happening.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:39 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
PHI gets L. Schenn and M. Raymond. TOR gets R. Luongo in that trade.
Yea I see that now. Too tired time for bed.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:41 AM
redthrowaway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Ya, Canucks don't do this deal.

Canucks give up a #1 goaltender and a 2nd line winger, for...... a different 2nd line winger and 2nd round draft pick? This new 2nd line winger (JVR) makes $2.5M more and had virtually the exact same point totals as the winger they just traded (Raymond) -- as well as a #1 goaltender. Can't see this one happening.
JVR's 23, 6'3 and 211, and his point totals last year were better than Raymond's, with 7 fewer games.

Now, I'm much higher on Raymond than most nucks fans, but JVR fits what Gillis is trying to do better than he does.

I wouldn't mind some prospect-swapping to even things out, though.

Closed Thread