HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XIII - UnoLussy (Mod Warning In OP)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
The Saurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
If there really are four and Luongo will go to all of them then this could be very good news. I'd guess Toronto, Florida and Columbus as three. The problem is whether Luongo would see Columbus as a team that is committed to getting better. The management there has been terrible. I wonder who the 4th could be?
Columbus just traded for Bobrovsky. Not happening there.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Ballgarath

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
Leafs are interested, you just asked for a list of alternatives for the Leafs and then when provided the Canuck patrol comes out in full force making sure we all know that anyone else sucks, Luongo is the only option, and Leafs won't make the playoffs without him, etc.

Based on rumours last night there are 3 interested teams, including the Leafs.
some of those names are fine , its just that all those names are a mystery as to if they will perform at the lvl that T.O. needs to get into the playoffs if they play close to what they did 2012 season. im sure t.o. fans are expecting better things but im sure you guys have had those expectations for decades. Did you guys here the blue jay chants at the end of last season? if im a t.o. fan i wouldnt wanna here that again.you guys as a fan base deserve the playoffs and i wouldnt want another mystery goalie.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
That's what a few FLA fans agreed to - may not be the actual trade but we are all playing armchair GM here so...

I think they would do that as their 1st is a late pick, Bjugstad is somewhat redundant given their nice cache of centre prospects and Upshall is a salary dump whom many Florida fans weren't overly enthused with.

I think FLA fans also recognize that you have to give to get.
I agree, if they offer that, jump. It will surprise me though as they made a nice run last season and have Markstom in the fold as well as not being a cash rich team. I do believe they are kicking tires, but like other teams, i think they're looking for a "bluelight special".

Old
06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Isn't he the one everyone says doesn't know anything?
Only when it doesn't fit the agenda at which time Dreger is Nonis' mouthpiece.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Oh well, probably not a team that Luongo would go to anyways. Bobrovsky doesn't seem like much of a solution for Columbus' woes. The available goalies keeps getting thinner and thinner. I'll be curious to see what Columbus paid for a fairly marginal goalie.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:25 AM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgarath View Post
some of those names are fine , its just that all those names are a mystery as to if they will perform at the lvl that T.O. needs to get into the playoffs if they play close to what they did 2012 season. im sure t.o. fans are expecting better things but im sure you guys have had those expectations for decades. Did you guys here the blue jay chants at the end of last season? if im a t.o. fan i wouldnt wanna here that again.you guys as a fan base deserve the playoffs and i wouldnt want another mystery goalie.
They wouldn't be brought in as a saviour. They would be brought in so we can find out if Reimer or Scrivens can actually play. Like I said Burke is looking for an experienced goalie, on a one year deal, to provide some stability back their both in his play and mentally for Reimer. Getting Luongo would be a luxury for our team as it speeds the process up as we instantly get a legitimate goalie, only it costs us assets as well as a slight risk in his contract length.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
The bolded is one of the big reasons why they'd be less likely to do so again this year. That and the fact that if Luongo's play starts to slide or Markstrom eclipses him in a couple years they'd be in the same situation the Canucks are in now with even a worse market.
I think the bolded is one of the reasons they would be more likely, as in order to continue sitting around 20th adding 5-6M would be ideal. Especially given the salary cap has risen, and probably will continue to do so.

Markstrom is headed to the AHL this year, so doubt there any chance of him eclipsing Roberto soon. Again, he's 4 years younger than Schneider. And Luongo will probably retire in 5/6 years. The more I think about it, the more FLA works on so many levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
As for an adequate goaltender Clemmenson is available, Emery might be enough, Roloson could still be ok for a year, Biron, Leighton, any of a half dozen other guys who've shown something at various points in the NHL or even AHL. These arent high end guys but they dont need a sure fire thing if they still believe Reimer can turn things around or that Scrivens could turn into a solid guy. Luongo would be nice to have but he's a luxury not a necessity. They'll try and get him for sure but it's not a necessity.
Sure. You sound like you're trying to convince yourself as opposed to me.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:28 AM
vanwest

Quote:
That is why we would bring in someone else with more experience. Luongo isn't the only goalie out there with experience who can provided better goaltending than last year.
This is where we disagree.

Old
Vexed

Quote:
Yea we get the fact that we could use a goalie but that's not really the point...

Nonis said it best "...we wont be filling one need by creating 1 or 2 others within the system"

This means we are willing to deal good pieces but considering our roster they will be wingers or D. Also Burke has shown he isn't going to overpay via trade for big name veteran player that fill a need (M.Richards, B.Richards). A great young player we may overpay for and we may leverage our money in FA to fill gaps.

We are obviously interested but driving up the price in trade wont work well against Burke for a vet on a 10yr deal. I do believe 100% he will walk away if the deal goes above what he had predetermined he was willing to give.

Old
Ballgarath

Quote:
They wouldn't be brought in as a saviour. They would be brought in so we can find out if Reimer or Scrivens can actually play. Like I said Burke is looking for an experienced goalie, on a one year deal, to provide some stability back their both in his play and mentally for Reimer.
o i hear you bro but can BB handle maybe and i do mean maybe not making the playoffs, a gm doesnt just trade to improve the teams situation but his own as well i hope the new owners dont mind being patient if they are gona be patient and bb's job isnt on the line if they dont make the playoffs then i really would pass on LU if i was T.O.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:29 AM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
This is where we disagree.
So you think of every goalie available, only Luongo would provide .901 goaltending or better?

Old
06-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Did they really?

So, if they were one of the rumored teams interested in Luongo, either the price was too high or they got tired of waiting and didn't want to wind up with no goalie at all.

This is getting interesting, fewer of the reported suitors left. I still think Vancouver needs to deal soon before there are none.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:30 AM
vanwest

Quote:
So you think of every goalie available, only Luongo would provide .901 goaltending or better?
Pretty much. There's some marginal upgrades. I don't see anything out there that significantly improves on that.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
o i hear you bro but can BB handle maybe and i do mean maybe not making the playoffs, a gm doesnt just trade to improve the teams situation but his own as well i hope the new owners dont mind being patient if they are gona be patient and bb's job isnt on the line if they dont make the playoffs then i really would pass on LU if i was T.O.
Lots of fans don't like to admit it, but Burke's job I don't think is even at risk. Outside fans keep saying this as a motive for him to make a major change, but from what I have seen and heard in Toronto, Burke is not getting fired after another bad year.
Quote:
Pretty much. There's some marginal upgrades. I don't see anything out there that significantly improves on that.
I agree there is most likely no significant upgrade, but I think we could get a guy who brings in .905-910 goaltending which would fit what we are looking for.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
DPyro

If a deal doesn't get done by the weekend, I think the Canucks will be stuck with Luongo.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Did they really?

So, if they were one of the rumored teams interested in Luongo, either the price was too high or they got tired of waiting and didn't want to wind up with no goalie at all.

This is getting interesting, fewer of the reported suitors left. I still think Vancouver needs to deal soon before there are none.
I think it's the other way around. Columbus was likely not a destination that Luongo would consider. Fewer and fewer legitimate satrting goalies are left. I think Toronto needs to move soon or they will be left out in the cold. I think Burke will go all in this weekend.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
If a deal doesn't get done by the weekend, I think the Canucks will be stuck with Luongo.
I'm happy with keeping Luongo.

06-22-2012, 11:35 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I'm happy with keeping Luongo.
I'm sure Roberto Luongo wouldn't be happy if Vancouver decides to keep him.

Interesting dressing room issues may pop up next year in Nuckleland if that's the case...

Old
06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
I think it's the other way around. Columbus was likely not a destination that Luongo would consider. Fewer and fewer legitimate satrting goalies are left. I think Toronto needs to move soon or they will be left out in the cold.
Again, our goal was never to find a starting goalie this offseason! Burke is looking for a capable goalie to either share or back-up Reimer for one year! Luongo is only being mentioned as he is an elite goalie that is available! Otherwise we wouldn't be in the hunt for any starter but rather a 1b.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
On the Leafs? Yes. Roloson, Hedberg, Clemmensen etc... don't see them rolling a .901 save%...

Old
06-22-2012, 11:37 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Lots of fans don't like to admit it, but Burke's job I don't think is even at risk. Outside fans keep saying this as a motive for him to make a major change, but from what I have seen and heard in Toronto, Burke is not getting fired after another bad year.

I agree there is most likely no significant upgrade, but I think we could get a guy who brings in .905-910 goaltending which would fit what we are looking for.
OK. I thought you guys were looking to get better though. That seems like a pretty lateral move to be honest. I'll be shocked if the Leafs don't make a major push for Luongo.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Did they really?

Ha, I highly doubt Columbus was one of the four as no way Luongo would waive his no trade clause for the blue jackets.

They probably made an offer for Schneider.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
I'm sure Roberto Luongo wouldn't be happy if Vancouver decides to keep him.

Interesting dressing room issues may pop up next year in Nuckleland if that's the case...
Maybe he bounces back like Tim Thomas did and posts the best season of his career?

I'm thinking it's more and more likely we see a deal with Florida. Theodore comes back to Vancouver as a veteran backup for Schneider, and we see a guy like Bjugstad and a 1 as part of the deal.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
OK. I thought you guys were looking to get better though. That seems like a pretty lateral move to be honest. I'll be shocked if the Leafs don't make a major push for Luongo.
You'd have to define "major". Burke will make offers, but i don't think he'll go major.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:42 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I'm thinking it's more and more likely we see a deal with Florida. Theodore comes back to Vancouver as a veteran backup for Schneider, and we see a guy like Bjugstad and a 1 as part of the deal.
And then you pinch yourself awake because that just isn't going to happen.

Closed Thread