HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part VIII: The Ballad of Ricky (and) Bobby

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM
RUSF18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Trades will happen at the draft especially if picks are involved just for the drama of it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was quiet until then.
Really? Teams will make deals that they otherwise wouldn't make just to provide drama?

Old
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I mean either he has it or he doesn't. He doesn't just disappear for the playoffs he disappears for the end of the season in general. Don't get me wrong, put him on a line with Kreider and I think we'll have instant chemistry, but I don't think he can be considered an untouchable. He's not a 1st line center and it doesn't look like he'll ever be able to develop into one.

There's a difference between untouchable and not wanting to trade. I don't want to trade Stepan but I don't think he should hold up a deal for someone who will keep an opponents defense at bay during the playoffs either.
What do you mean he either "has it or he doesn't". Since when does a 22 year old have to have it all put together? Is he done learning? Getting stronger? I don't understand this logic and this isn't just directed at you KJ.

I swear, this generation who had video games and has been spoiled with some players making the NHL at a very young age don't understand the normal development path for a human athlete.

Derek Stepan had 51 points as a sophomore and 22 year old. 51. A normal 1st line center has around 60. 22 years old. 51 points. 60 points to be a 1st line center. Players hit their prime around 27.

People fail to realize that being a 1st line center =/= to Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin. Those players are superstars. Comparing all top-line forwards and defensemen to superstars is getting old.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:34 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
I mean either he has it or he doesn't. He doesn't just disappear for the playoffs he disappears for the end of the season in general. Don't get me wrong, put him on a line with Kreider and I think we'll have instant chemistry, but I don't think he can be considered an untouchable. He's not a 1st line center and it doesn't look like he'll ever be able to develop into one.

There's a difference between untouchable and not wanting to trade. I don't want to trade Stepan but I don't think he should hold up a deal for someone who will keep an opponents defense at bay during the playoffs either.
the **** are you talking about doesnt look like he can ever be one?

Old
06-22-2012, 01:36 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSF18 View Post
Really? Teams will make deals that they otherwise wouldn't make just to provide drama?
Ya dude. The NHL just got As The World Turns spot for the new soap opera. Next big news, Malkin screws Crosby's girlfriend. What will happen next!!

Old
06-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Pizza

Quote:

Let me put it this way. Who centers the 2nd line if you trade Stepan?

Old
06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
What do you mean he either "has it or he doesn't". Since when does a 22 year old have to have it all put together? Is he done learning? Getting stronger? I don't understand this logic and this isn't just directed at you KJ.

I swear, this generation who had video games and has been spoiled with some players making the NHL at a very young age don't understand the normal development path for a human athlete.

Derek Stepan had 51 points as a sophomore and 22 year old. 51. A normal 1st line center has around 60. 22 years old. 51 points. 60 points to be a 1st line center. Players hit their prime around 27.

People fail to realize that being a 1st line center =/= to Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin. Those players are superstars. Comparing all top-line forwards and defensemen to superstars is getting old.
Just like people expect MDZ to put up 70 points a season while being a solid defender at age 21. Kid was 18th in the NHL in scoring for a defenseman at age 21. Everyone expects him to be like Karlsson or Leetch...

Old
06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Let me put it this way. Who centers the 2nd line if you trade Stepan?
jordan staal!

realistically it would be either dubinsky or anisimov, but logically we don't move stepan unless in an extreme situation.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:50 PM
AJRanger

Has this been mentioned?

@ToddCordell
Darren Dreger on TSN.ca: The #NYRangers are at or near the top of the list of interested teams in Keith Yandle.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:51 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Found this on the T&R Boards:

@DarrenDreger accurate w/ report of NYR turning interest to Keith Yandle, Ottawa may be alone w/ Columbus re: Rick Nash right now.

06-22-2012, 01:51 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
No, but thanks for posting that. Proves me right.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
Has this been mentioned?

@ToddCordell
Darren Dreger on TSN.ca: The #NYRangers are at or near the top of the list of interested teams in Keith Yandle.
watch it be Dubinsky Zuccarello type deal.. that i can see something...maybe Bourque.

i really think Miller will stay and play 3 or 4th line to start season this fall...he is the type that i can see being a surprise to make the team..

Old
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Found this on the T&R Boards:

@DarrenDreger accurate w/ report of NYR turning interest to Keith Yandle, Ottawa may be alone w/ Columbus re: Rick Nash right now.
Lol. Howson is down to one team that Nash may not even waive for.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
A Phoenix Coyotes source downplayed the rumors, saying only that teams were calling on the star defenseman, not the other way around.

Yandle has four more years left on his deal, which carries a $5.25 million cap hit.

The Coyotes would be looking for a center in any deal they made involving Yandle, another source indicated.

A lot of teams would have interest in Yandle, and the New York Rangers are one of them. He’d be the power-play quarterback they’ve been looking for, no question.

The St. Louis Blues are in the market for a top-four, left-handed defenseman, so Yandle would certainly fill the bill as well.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-in-trade-wars

Does every rumor have to name the Rangers as being interested in every player?

Unless Don really loves Dubinsky and/or AA,the Rangers don't have the type of center PHX wants

Old
06-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I am certainly interested in Yandle.

06-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Vidic15

Adding Yandle prevents us from getting a scorer with his cap hit. I don't get this move, at all.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Why Yandle? Does Sather think we wont be able to land schultz? Or does he do it to make del zotto/erixon expendable? We need scoring forwards

Dont like Yandle's cap hit at all

Old
06-22-2012, 02:01 PM
NYR Viper

Don took on Vermette at the deadline. Antoine was having a rough year in Columbus. He came in and just got better and better with Phoenix. Don likes Dubi and Anisimov. Both are centers.

I would rather go after Yandle and get him to solidify the top-4 than overpay for Rick Nash and his contract.

Old
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
yandle is a ****ing star. would immediately be our best defenseman and be a huge improvement to the offense. if we were to get him without giving up one of one of our bluechipers on D we'd without question have the best d corps in the league.

Old
Kreider Typical
flex

maybe yandle would be a flip in another trade or allow us to move mdz without having to worry

Old
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Yandle is a lefty. Where is the ice-time coming from with McDonagh and Staal on the left side? Not to mention Del Zotto who probably gets moved in some transaction if Yandle is acquired.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:03 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Adding Yandle prevents us from getting a scorer with his cap hit. I don't get this move, at all.
(2) questions:

Who is the scorer (doesn't HAVE to be Ryan or Nash)

Who is going the other way? Dubinsky @ 4.2 for Yandle @ 5

Old
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Yandle is a lefty. Where is the ice-time coming from with McDonagh and Staal on the left side? Not to mention Del Zotto who probably gets moved in some transaction if Yandle is acquired.
im sure they could find someone to move to the right

Yandle-McDonagh would be dynamite

i have such a yandle boner right now

Old
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Don took on Vermette at the deadline. Antoine was having a rough year in Columbus. He came in and just got better and better with Phoenix. Don likes Dubi and Anisimov. Both are centers.

I would rather go after Yandle and get him to solidify the top-4 than overpay for Rick Nash and his contract.
Yandle is a helluva vision to have on that back end. Many notches above our growing Del Zotto and McDonagh.

However, with what McD has shown and if we do acquire Yandle that definitely makes MDZ expendable for that legit top 6 scorer whether it's Ryan or Nash, we'll see.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSF18 View Post
Yep you nailed it, exactly what I was saying.

If teams are talking now about moving picks they may or may not announce until on the draft floor.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I believe Yandle can, and does play the off-side on defense.

Closed Thread