HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part VIII: The Ballad of Ricky (and) Bobby

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 03:37 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Stepan was the captain of a US WJC Team that won IN CANADA. He led the tournament in points.

He has the "it" you are describing. He raises his game when need be. Thsi year he was obviously hurt from a knee-on-knee from Orpik with 3 games left to go in the season. Why does everyone just choose to forget that fact?

Its like when people piled on Gaborik until they found out he had a serious shoulder injury.
Gaborik's injury required surgery. the Hit on Boyle definitely affected his game. Prust needed surgery. I don't recall reading anything regarding Stepan's injury. I'm not saying he wasn't but i just must have missed it.

I thinks Stepan is a good player. he has talent, he's smart and creative at times, but he is a poor skater and lacks size. i'm just not overly impressed with his game.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
No denying that, he is a heck of a defenseman but it's pretty well known he is arrogant. Maybe he doesn't gel with the locker room? Who knows, all speculation.
The PK Subban rumors have been debunked.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
The PK Subban rumors have been debunked.
Which ones?

Old
06-22-2012, 03:40 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
It'd be great if he showed it at the NHL level. And don't give me that ******** about knee on knee contact. He was invisible long before that game. He didn't look any worse during the playoffs, he remained the same.
Right. So the 22 year old playmaking C who just put up 51 points with no scorer on his line should be traded cause he doesn't have "it." How many other top centers in this league putty up 50+ points when they were 21 in the NHL? Don't give me the Crosbys, Malkins, or Stamkos of the league because they are not good comparisons.

If we traded him who would center the 2nd line? Dubinsky? Anisimov? Please. Our C depth would be awful if we moved Stepan for a wing. This board just makes me shake my head sometimes.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Levitate

Uh, Stepan centered Gaborik for quite awhile. He needs to improve his consistency but he's still damn young

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Right. So the 22 year old playmaking C who just put up 51 points with no scorer on his line should be traded cause he doesn't have "it." How many other top centers in this league putty up 50+ points when they were 21 in the NHL? Don't give me the Crosbys, Malkins, or Stamkos of the league because they are not good comparisons.

If we traded him who would center the 2nd line? Dubinsky? Anisimov? Please. Our C depth would be awful if we moved Stepan for a wing. This board just makes me shake my head sometimes.
All you have to do to have "it" on HF is over perform for half a season.

Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist 30 NY View Post
From Sports Talk AM today (NY radio show) "Brandon Dubinsky has not renewed his lease on his NYC apartment. This comes 24 hours after Dubinsky reportedly had a conference call with Glen Sather and John Tortorella according to tsn's sportscenter show this morning.

Add this to rumors that Dubinsky is on the trading block and many around the league are wondering if the Rangers informed Dubi that a deal involving the disappointing Rangers forward has been reached. "

The host said he has also read twitter reports that Dubinsky WILL be traded on draft day and a deal has been reached, supposedly with the Blue Jackets or Canucks.
suuuuure, link please

Old
06-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Which ones?
The one I read the person got confused with PK and Malcolm, has another popped up?

Old
HAPPY HOUR

Vito. You prob have been walking around smiling all day huh my man??

Old
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Uh, Stepan centered Gaborik for quite awhile. He needs to improve his consistency but he's still damn young
And he put up pretty good numbers with Gaborik and Anisimov for a while. How did he do after he was split from Gaborik?

Old
06-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
suuuuure, link please
Dubi for nash!!

Dubi for Sedin!

Old
06-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
All you have to do to have "it" on HF is over perform for half a season.
"it" is in the eye of the beholder.
Stepan needs to improve, no doubt about that. But he has shown enough "it" to be patient with him. if he does not show more "it" in a couple of years, then we can panick.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
The one I read the person got confused with PK and Malcolm, has another popped up?
Huh? Kypreos tweeted that PK was being shopped like 10 minutes ago. I am not sure if you're talking about him being moved or his attitude. Like I said attitude was just speculation. But even his brother Malcolm said PK was loud and cocky in his draft interview with FLA lol.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Svenhart2008

Hehe

Quote:
Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype

Scott Howson will be available after the draft to have his girlfriend and lunch money stolen and sand kicked in his face.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post

Do you people not have any comprehension?! I never said Stepan should be traded. I said he shouldn't be considered untouchable. Then I have supported that statement with why I believe that to be the case. That is all.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
"it" is in the eye of the beholder.
Stepan needs to improve, no doubt about that. But he has shown enough "it" to be patient with him. if he does not show more "it" in a couple of years, then we can panick.
I know and I agree. I was teasing people that use the word "it" for so many young players on HF. No one in particular.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:48 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenhart2008 View Post
Hehe
That's funny.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:48 PM
gravey9

kenjets - i don't agree with your assessment of Stepan at all. I do think his skating and strength needs to improve and is the single reason why he's having issues in the post-season. Through his amateur career he's been a captain or alternate on most of his teams and has stepped up big in big moments. I do not question his heart nor the "it" factor with him at all. You're just wrong. He has lost a bit of energy at the end of his first two seasons and I think that's due to the physical grind of the league and playing the Torts style. I don't think he's hit his development ceiling as a pro nor has he reached his physical peak.

As for Dubi - I will be sad to see him go. I know he had a tough year. But I think there was more going on with him physically than we knew about. He just wasn't skating at full strength the majority of the year. He had trouble keeping his feet going. I was convinced it was mental, and maybe it was. But the way Torts motivates players to want to play through their injuries, I have grown to feel like some guys played through some pretty gnarly injuries during the year. Don't tell me McDonagh didn't have some sort of concussion after that hit in the post season. I just don't buy it.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Subban gets so much love, but Del Zotto gets crapped on. HFBoards at it's finest.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:50 PM
NYR Viper

Yeah, Del Zotto has quite a bit of value.

Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Huh? Kypreos tweeted that PK was being shopped like 10 minutes ago. I am not sure if you're talking about him being moved or his attitude. Like I said attitude was just speculation. But even his brother Malcolm said PK was loud and cocky in his draft interview with FLA lol.
There was a thread on the main boards not that long ago that said the Devils were going after PK and then it was shortly debunked. I didn't see the kypreos stuff anywhere.

Old
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
kenjets - i don't agree with your assessment of Stepan at all. I do think his skating and strength needs to improve and is the single reason why he's having issues in the post-season. Through his amateur career he's been a captain or alternate on most of his teams and has stepped up big in big moments. I do not question his heart nor the "it" factor with him at all. You're just wrong. He has lost a bit of energy at the end of his first two seasons and I think that's due to the physical grind of the league and playing the Torts style. I don't think he's hit his development ceiling as a pro nor has he reached his physical peak.

As for Dubi - I will be sad to see him go. I know he had a tough year. But I think there was more going on with him physically than we knew about. He just wasn't skating at full strength the majority of the year. He had trouble keeping his feet going. I was convinced it was mental, and maybe it was. But the way Torts motivates players to want to play through their injuries, I have grown to feel like some guys played through some pretty gnarly injuries during the year. Don't tell me McDonagh didn't have some sort of concussion after that hit in the post season. I just don't buy it.
When you pine for that big contract and get it, even the smallest inconsistencies become magnified. And when the issue is mental (assuming so) then you def get no wiggle room to get by.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

There's a problem with the Rangers that I'd like to see addressed. I'm so beyond sick of no name scabs constantly lighting us up. It really showed in the playoffs with Carkner, Konopka, Neil, Chimera, Salvador, Carter, and Gionta all registering key points against us. It happens all the time though. When we play Pittsburgh it's always Richard Park and Ben Lovejoy potting the goals. It seems to always be someone stupid against the Lightning as well.

The thing is I'm not exactly sure where the source of this problem lies, but it needs to be corrected.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Subban gets so much love, but Del Zotto gets crapped on. HFBoards at it's finest.
I would definitely take MDZ over Subban, some might call me crazy but character has a lot to do with it for me.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:52 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Do you people not have any comprehension?! I never said Stepan should be traded. I said he shouldn't be considered untouchable. Then I have supported that statement with why I believe that to be the case. That is all.
Unless you are getting another center, what would be the point of making him available? Putting him in a package with other players for a star wing would still kill our center depth. So, I'd say our lack of center depth makes him pretty untouchable, unless of course, we're getting another young center back in return, which would be a lateral move.

Closed Thread