HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Nash Thread III (all things Nash here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
The worse case scenario is that Nash stays here, and I am okay with that. Sure it may be a soap opera but it give us something to watch instead of a losing hockey team
Well, we might just be lucky enough to watch both then!

Old
06-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

For what its worth and its usually nothing, Eklund says he is hearing talk of Nash to Chicago for Kane....also that Devils are interested

Old
06-22-2012, 10:15 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
For what its worth and its usually nothing, Eklund says he is hearing talk of Nash to Chicago for Kane....also that Devils are interested
lol. yeah. makes sense. /sarcasm.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:17 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Now we have to deal with this circus for at least another few weeks, likely....

Old
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Dammit McConnell! WE TOLD YOU TO FIRE THIS CLOWN! Why the hell won't you listen?!? Why won't you open your eyes? Don't you have any pride?!? Do you even care?
I find myself questioning why I even care.
I ask myself these same questions every day. Boggles my damn mind that this man still has a job.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Good....time to shed height and weight in addition to salary lol

That deal would be the worst ever.....

You think Nash if soft, is this is his replacement god help us.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Ever notice how Eklund is to hockey what the crazyhaired "ancient aliens" guy is to the History Channel?

http://qkme.me/3pts9u

Old
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Hey, I love that guy!

Old
06-22-2012, 11:06 PM
RDriesenUD

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC

Quote:
Penguins clear almost $6 million in cap space with their two deals.

Some teams maybe were waiting to try to get Parise. So, IF Pittsburgh gets him, those teams might go after Nash. Or Pittsburgh could try to get Nash.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:09 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 543
At this point, I'm not sure if I would have any interest in a 2013 1st rounder plus whatever. Perhaps GMSH is asking for too much. Nash is a great player, but 29 other guys had as many goals as he has had, and 58 other guys had more points.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:09 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
thanks for posting that. curiouser and curiouser.

Would love to resolve the Nash situation this week, he would be a great fit for Pittsburgh, IMO.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:12 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
thanks for posting that. curiouser and curiouser.

Would love to resolve the Nash situation this week, he would be a great fit for Pittsburgh, IMO.
You're welcome. I agree that Nash would be a good fit with Crosby.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:23 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Watching Howson's post draft press conference or whatever, you can see that Scott is obviously frustrated with the Nash situation. Short, curt answers with a tone of annoyance in his voice. I think he'll jump on the first "fair" offer.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Are we sure Ryan is really on thw market?

Always felt like that 'deal" is drafting on Nash if it is real at all.

Just feels like the Ducks are being opportunistic. Nothing wrong with that just that it feels like Nash is going to set that market, not Ryan

Old
06-22-2012, 11:38 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
You're welcome. I agree that Nash would be a good fit with Crosby.
Well it didn't work out in the olympics. Mind you, after training camp and some practice's/games, they should beable to click. Would it be better to have Nash play with Malkin?

Old
06-22-2012, 11:48 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Good Jesus, Nick Foligno, Mika Zibanejad and Robin Lehner would be great for us. Nick is better Umberger and can play a center too. I dont understand how somebody cannot agree with these players.
Thanks. I now feel much better not being impressed with the proposal.

What I don't understand is how anyone not playing in the NHL is better than Umberger. Cart before horse.

Meh, whatever..

At any rate, Staal can get moved on a whim for a good return. We can't get jack for Nash. Typical.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Are we sure Ryan is really on thw market?

Always felt like that 'deal" is drafting on Nash if it is real at all.

Just feels like the Ducks are being opportunistic. Nothing wrong with that just that it feels like Nash is going to set that market, not Ryan
If he wasn't really on the market he is now

Quote:
Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately," he told the New Jersey Courier-Post. "Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way. I gotta be honest with you," he said to the Courier-Post. "At this point, I don't care. Move me ... because it's just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you're going to be the guy moved."

Old
06-22-2012, 11:54 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Thanks. I now feel much better not being impressed with the proposal.

What I don't understand is how anyone not playing in the NHL is better than Umberger. Cart before horse.

Meh, whatever..

At any rate, Staal can get moved on a whim for a good return. We can't get jack for Nash. Typical.
it's because Staal is a Cup winner while Nash isn't
Who would have thought, a "3rd liner" with one more year left got something good while a "star" player with many years left isn't getting any good offers.
I think Pitts got a good deal because Canes wanted him bad. I can't see the other offers being anywhere close to the Canes offer. Honestly, I can't believe they made the trade. I would have waited out one more year and waited for Staal to become a UFA and take my chances then(with the rumours of him wanting to go to CArolina, why not).

Old
06-23-2012, 12:11 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Well it didn't work out in the olympics. Mind you, after training camp and some practice's/games, they should beable to click. Would it be better to have Nash play with Malkin?
I don't know. I just thougt he would be a better fit with Crosby.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:15 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

In my opinion, the Pens don't have anyone we would want. We need forwards, they need forwards. Not a match IMO

Old
06-23-2012, 12:16 AM
blahblah

Quote:
it's because Staal is a Cup winner while Nash isn't
Who would have thought, a "3rd liner" with one more year left got something good while a "star" player with many years left isn't getting any good offers.
I think Pitts got a good deal because Canes wanted him bad. I can't see the other offers being anywhere close to the Canes offer. Honestly, I can't believe they made the trade. I would have waited out one more year and waited for Staal to become a UFA and take my chances then(with the rumours of him wanting to go to CArolina, why not).
Regardless, Howson is asking too much and is driving himself out of the market. Whatever reason Carolina wanted him, the Pens got a good return from a poor hand and with speed.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:19 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
In my opinion, the Pens don't have anyone we would want. We need forwards, they need forwards. Not a match IMO
I disagree, they have players that we would want. The Pens just won't trade them to us or anywhere. Plus, they have NTC's and/or would become UFA's after 2 years. But yes, not a good match for a trade involving Nash.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:25 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Regardless, Howson is asking too much and is driving himself out of the market. Whatever reason Carolina wanted him, the Pens got a good return from a poor hand and with speed.
Any chance Howson has a offer he likes but it's from a team that isn't on the list. Waiting for Nash to give in and accept? If this is the case, would you want Howson to wait it out and hope Nash gets tired of waiting and accepts the trade or would you move on and look for the next offer because as you say, he's driving himself out of the market as time goes by.

Also, lets go back to the Ottawa rumour. Now that we got Bobrovsky, do we no longer want Bishop/Lehner and trade talks starts over with them?

Old
06-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Any chance Howson has a offer he likes but it's from a team that isn't on the list. Waiting for Nash to give in and accept? If this is the case, would you want Howson to wait it out and hope Nash gets tired of waiting and accepts the trade or would you move on and look for the next offer because as you say, he's driving himself out of the market as time goes by.

Also, lets go back to the Ottawa rumour. Now that we got Bobrovsky, do we no longer want Bishop/Lehner and trade talks starts over with them?
Hmm interesting, personally I'd love Bobby Ryan n this team. Bobby and Jack are good friends and team USA buddies. He'd help replace Nash but obviously that deal will never happen bc ANA is trying to cut salary. Maybe if we took a salary dump from them...as for Ottawa, I don't think there is a deal to be made anymore. Pavelski still makes the most sense.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:13 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

I think he missed his best chance to move him for the highest return. The Staal move really has me thinking too. He, arguably, had a market of one team when he was FA eligible next offseason and the Pens still managed to secure a top ten pick plus one of Carolina's better forwards.

I'm not saying its going to be a significant drop yet, but I think the package Howson gets will have a lot of people scratching their heads when its made.

I'm starting to wonder whether its not just better to try and gamble with Nash being angry and on the roster next season, taking the "C" and telling him not to worry about anything else than scoring points and that, assuming we aren't in a serious playoff race, we will move him at the deadline. Of course, that might make trying to sign FA's very difficult, what are you selling to them when they come in here?

Closed Thread