HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Nash Thread III (all things Nash here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 02:45 PM
EspenK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I happen to agree that Nash is not really worth what CBJ think he is. He has been coasting since the 2010 season. Yeah, he gets his 30 goals, but he really should be potting 40, dominating teams with his power. But he does not. He coasts quite a bit. Now are teams going to give up 3-4 players for a guy who could be but has been not dominant for the least 3 years? No. We might be able to get a decent 20 goal scorer back, a mid-level prospect and hopefully a first round draft choice. But at this point it seems multiple NHL ready players is a pipe dream.
I think most GM's are smart enough to realize that Nash has scored 30 goals on a crappy team without a good center and can probably score more than 30 with right line mates. However, due to Howson's unrealistic demands and his big mouth, and Ryan and Parise the deal is difficult to make.

I have been a proponent of really rebuilding, with picks and prospects and building a sound base from which to work. So if Ottawa's offer is still on the table, I'd seriously consider it but Lehner over Bishop. That would add another solid G prospect to our now burgeoning pipeline, a center prospect to ease the pain of missing Yuk, and a #1. Of course all of that could have been had Friday.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I think most GM's are smart enough to realize that Nash has scored 30 goals on a crappy team without a good center and can probably score more than 30 with right line mates. However, due to Howson's unrealistic demands and his big mouth, and Ryan and Parise the deal is difficult to make.

I have been a proponent of really rebuilding, with picks and prospects and building a sound base from which to work. So if Ottawa's offer is still on the table, I'd seriously consider it but Lehner over Bishop. That would add another solid G prospect to our now burgeoning pipeline, a center prospect to ease the pain of missing Yuk, and a #1. Of course all of that could have been had Friday.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:22 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post

Umm, as blah already tried to point out, would someone please tell me what is so great about this trade offer. I don't see a single piece with. A realistic chance to be as good as Nash.

And, again, why would this be better than a trade with SJ where Pavelski is the centerpiece?

Old
06-23-2012, 03:28 PM
azrok22

Regarding Ottawa, the lestest "news" from Portzline.

Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

Told Ottawa is not on #CBJ Rick Nash's approved list, that he'd have to alter his list before he could be traded to #Sens.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Like I said Kev22, I see this list being a big problem.

(Not that you'd possibly give Howson anything resembling credit)

06-23-2012, 03:56 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Like I said Kev22, I see this list being a big problem.

(Not that you'd possibly give Howson anything resembling credit)
The list is what it is, Sam. Howson signed a contract with an NMC and he knew this was the consequence. It doesn't now get to be an excuse.

And a convenient excuse at that since we don't get to be privy to what is offered. He may well have got what most GMs would consider fair value. If so, the list is a red herring and his obstinance is the problem.

His job is to get the best return from a team on the list or to convince Nash to accept an offer from a team not on the list. Period. Any other offers are irrelevant because Nash bargained for the right to stay or pick his destination and Howson agreed to it.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:27 PM
alphafox

what is the possibility of a 1:1 swap of Nash and Bobby Ryan?

Both want out. Anaheim gets basically a better version of Ryan (Nash will score 50 on that line) and we get Ryan and Cap relief.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:34 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post

Both want out. Anaheim gets basically a better version of Ryan (Nash will score 50 on that line) and we get Ryan and Cap relief.
I posted that on Twitter yesterday. Obviously I like the way you think on this matter!
It's a far better solution than Nash for a second liner and prospects - and one that works for both clubs.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:46 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post

Anaheim operates on a budget and will need to give raises to Getzlaf, Perry, and Fowler next year. Can't see them being willing to add salary like that.

EDIT: Especially because Nash's contrast escalates in actual salary paid.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Regarding Ottawa, the lestest "news" from Portzline.
And finally the truth comes out....The hits keep on coming.

I thought it was odd with the rumored deal on the table that the Jackets wouldn't bite.

Know we know why....Rick "freaking" Nash won't play in his home province for a pretty good team. What a bum....Honestly, for the first time I sympathize with Scott Howson.

And to me, it makes Rick Nash look more like Jeff Carter.

I mean, hell Carter took less money (much less) because he was loyal to Philly and they dumped him after right before his NTC took effect. He had no say and got shipped to "Hockey Hell" when he could've went anywhere as a free agent.

Wheras Nash was saying all the right things about trading him to help the team "blah, blah, blah" when it reality he wants to force a trade to basically 6 teams (PHI, BOS VAN, NYR, TOR,LA), 5 of which are cup favorites every year. Toronto is in a rebuild so they're out automatically. We are talking Ottawa here, not Columbus, Phoenix, Calgary, Florida, Edmonton, Winnigeg or any other crappy outpost.

At this point, barring an unexpected great return from the supposed A list teams he wants to go (Why would they pay now) I would not deal him at all. If he pouts fine, Howson needs to exhibit some "managerial courage" here. Rick Nash is the one who needs to put on his "big boy pants." And yes I realize in highsight, the contract was drafted by Howson and the NTC is ultimately his failure.

As for the poster who said Nash for Ryan...yeah right. The problem is that while Ryan may suck it up and agree to come here, our "I requested a trade to help the team," hero will never agree to go to Anaheim. Good weather (check), good fanbase (check), pretty good tradition (check). But there not on his list....

The deal is gonna be pennies on the dollar and the rich get richer. Screw him.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:52 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

I thought it was odd with the rumored deal on the table that the Jackets wouldn't bite.

Know we know why....Rick "freaking" Nash won't play in his home province for a pretty good team. What a bum....Honestly, for the first time I sympathize with Scott Howson.

I mean, hell Carter took less money (much less) because he was loyal to Philly and they dumped him after right before his NTC took effect. He had no say and got shipped to "Hockey Hell" when he could've went anywhere as a free agent.

Wheras Nash was saying all the right things about trading him to help the team "blah, blah, blah" when it reality he wants to force a trade to basically 6 teams (PHI, BOS VAN, NYR, TOR,LA), 5 of which are cup favorites every year. Toronto is in a rebuild so they're out automatically. We are talking Ottawa here, not Columbus, Phoenix, Calgary, Florida, Edmonton, Winnigeg or any other crappy outpost.

At this point, barring an unexpected great return from the supposed A list teams he wants to go (Why would they pay now) I would not deal him at all. If he pouts fine, Howson needs to exhibit some "managerial courage" here. Rick Nash is the one who needs to put on his "big boy pants." And yes I realize in highsight, the contract was drafted by Howson and the NTC is ultimately his failure.

As for the poster who said Nash for Ryan...yeah right. The problem is that while Ryan may suck it up and agree to come here, our "I requested a trade to help the team," hero will never agree to go to Anaheim. Good weather (check), good fanbase (check), pretty good tradition (check). But there not on his list....

Lol dude, there was no trade made with Ottawa, its not like he said "Im not going to Ottawa".

Old
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Breaking News!!!! Toronto trades Luke Schenn to Flyers for James Van RiemsDyk. Done deal

#CBJ‬ were counting on James van Riemsdyk to be a central part of a deal with ‪#Flyers‬ regarding Rick Nash.

And cross off Philly

Old
06-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Lol dude, there was no trade made with Ottawa, its not like he said "Im not going to Ottawa".

Told Ottawa is not on #CBJ Rick Nash's approved list, that he'd have to alter his list before he could be traded to #Sens.

Uh....I think it does (see above)

Old
06-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Breaking News!!!! Toronto trades Luke Schenn to Flyers for James Van RiemsDyk. Done deal

#CBJ‬ were counting on James van Riemsdyk to be a central part of a deal with ‪#Flyers‬ regarding Rick Nash.

And cross off Philly
Needs a link, pronto.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:59 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Needs a link, pronto.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

https://twitter.com/aportzline

Old
06-23-2012, 05:00 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:

Uh....I think it does (see above)
It just says he would have to alter his list because the Sens are not on it as of right now, doesn't mean the CBJ approached him to waive his NMC and he declined.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Thank you.

Note to all posters: Stuff like the above absolutely must include a link! Just do it the first time so we don't have to mess with it.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:

And cross off Philly
Wow....What a deal for Toronto!! Congrats to Brian Burke.

Although, this can't be a straight up deal can it. Seems very lopsided for Toronto.

Philly seems to always make questionable moves though (we just bail them out to even things out) for them.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
It just says he would have to alter his list because the Sens are not on it as of right now, doesn't mean the CBJ approached him to waive his NMC and he declined.
Your point is valid and I understand however:

If the CBJ are confident Nash would veto a trade, how can they present it to him and not give away their position of enticing teams into a bidding war.

For all we know Nash's agent could be talking to the other teams telling them not to worry about anything Ottawa offers cause he aint going there.

Only Nash and Resnick really know whether he'd rather play there than stay in Columbus.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
I apologize. Eklund was right. Howson is in trouble.

Why not wait a little longer, Scotty, what can it hurt?

Old
06-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Hey, has there been an Official Source on San Jose dropping out of the Nash Arms Race?

Old
06-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Hey, has there been an Official Source on San Jose dropping out of the Nash Arms Race?
Talks ceased when we asked for Couture....

They have nothing other than him really for Nash (maybe Pavelski) but is he really an upgrade over Nash. It would be for older players if it occurs....Pavelski, Clowe,etc.

Not really ideal to jumpstart our "rebuild"

As for official, I don't think so....they wouldn't completely shut the door unitl the end..

Old
06-23-2012, 05:37 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:

And cross off Philly
Philly might be out, but does that mean that Toronto could be in? Sort of a delayed three-way deal?

Old
06-23-2012, 05:48 PM
db2011

Quote:

this is pretty much how I feel. Regarding the NMC, good for Nash for securing it but what it means is protection from getting moved when he doesn't wish to. To massage it into "you can only move me where I want to go... for the good of the team" is too rich for me. Ultimately, the NMC is part of a contract with Columbus, one that Nash wishes to no longer honor. Not code for Nash getting to call all the shots.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:50 PM
99 CBJ

Quote:
What if Thursday's meeting was to ask for that waiver to go to the Sen's and it was denied, why else do you have reporters gathered to ask questions after the meeting. I believe the meeting was to ask about an offer that was made and it was refused, why have the meeting at all, and the reporters were there by CBJ request hoping to make an announcement.

Closed Thread