HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington 1sts

Old
06-21-2012, 11:13 PM
SoulAssassin

vCash: 500
Washington 1sts

Are they available? At #11 and #16 Capitals seem to have options available to them. What would there needs be if they considered trading 1 or both?

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Capitlols

#2C...a need for the past decade.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:21 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
As a fan, who do you see them drafting in those positions? I think most of your elite C's will be gone, obviously Faksa, Girgensons, Gaunce, Sissons, available for 11. What do you do at 16?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
As a fan, who do you see them drafting in those positions? I think most of your elite C's will be gone, obviously Faksa, Girgensons, Gaunce, Sissons, available for 11. What do you do at 16?
The general feeling from Caps fans are that we need to go Center then Defense. And that's because we'll probably want to get Faksa and then a D like Maatta, Ceci, Reilly, Reinhart. But we'd more than happily move one of them plus a roster player for a 2nd line Center.

Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:05 AM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Backstrom/Johanson? Why the need for another C? Makes ZERO sense to me. Explain...

90 C Marcus Johansson 80 14 32 46

19 C Nicklas Backstrom 42 14 30 44

Backstrom is 80-100 point definite number one center. Marcus is clearly going to be 40-60 point number 2 center? Why do you need more?

McTankel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:07 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

would they consider 11 and 16 for 6 if say Reinhart was still available?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:07 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
The general feeling from Caps fans are that we need to go Center then Defense. And that's because we'll probably want to get Faksa and then a D like Maatta, Ceci, Reilly, Reinhart. But we'd more than happily move one of them plus a roster player for a 2nd line Center.
Is there a need for D in Washington or much of the focus upfront?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Cappy76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
Backstrom/Johanson? Why the need for another C? Makes ZERO sense to me. Explain...
MoJo has been spending the majority of his time playing wing on the top line with Ovie and Backstrom. Besides that point the fact that he has not at all ready to be the #2 Center in Washington. He needs to bulk up some more. It's my opinion that he will eventually make a better top 6 winger then a center. He just doesn't have the size to be a center IMO.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Cappy76

Quote:
Is there a need for D in Washington or much of the focus upfront?
The thing is we have nothing past what's currently in Washington. A single injury currently and were looking at an awful D group as there is not much in Hershey that could come up and contribute.

We have Green, Carlson, Alzner, and maybe Orlov past that there isn't much in the organization. The Caps have alot of holes going into this upcoming season as of right now without signing Semin we really don't even have a 2nd line that is worth anything. Right now were looking at

Ovechkin-Backstrom-??/MoJo
???-???/Laich/MoJo-Brouwer???
Chim-Laich/Beagle-Hendricks/Brouwer/Ward
Hendricks???-??/Beagle-Ward

Green - ????
Carlson-Alzner
Hamrlik - Orlov

In Hershey there aren't many answers for the D. As for forwards you have Galiev that isn't ready, Eakin who may be ready, Kuznetsov who wont be here for 2 years. There are many holes and were getting pretty depleted in Hershey so there are alot of fans that want GMGM to go out and restock the cupboards with the 11 picks this draft. There are another group that want to see them go out and make a win now move.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:15 AM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
MoJo has been spending the majority of his time playing wing on the top line with Ovie and Backstrom. Besides that point the fact that he has not at all ready to be the #2 Center in Washington. He needs to bulk up some more. It's my opinion that he will eventually make a better top 6 winger then a center. He just doesn't have the size to be a center IMO.
Backstrom is 6'1'' 210 and your number one

Johansen is 5'11''190 and easily could be your number two.

You do not need every center on your team to be 6'0-6'3'' to be successful.

McTankel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 AM
boredmale

Quote:

I am guessing none of the defensemen you listed will be available at 16(although one of Ceci or Maatta might drop to that spot). Reilly and Reinhart probably won't be available at 11th

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Cappy76

Quote:
Backstrom is 6'1'' 210 and your number one

Johansen is 5'11''190 and easily could be your number two.

You do not need every center on your team to be 6'0-6'3'' to be successful.
He may be listed at that but he's small and gets manhandle more often then not, that's what I'm referring to. On top of the Caps have players that are in a win now mode you can't hope for your #2 center to finally figure it out as were going. He may well become a very solid 2C option but the unknown is what the Caps cannot afford if you can make a move to land a proven #2 guy you have to make it. At which point MoJo can play the wing on either of the top 2 lines like he has been with more success as of the past season.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:20 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
The thing is we have nothing past what's currently in Washington. A single injury currently and were looking at an awful D group as there is not much in Hershey that could come up and contribute.

We have Green, Carlson, Alzner, and maybe Orlov past that there isn't much in the organization. The Caps have alot of holes going into this upcoming season as of right now without signing Semin we really don't even have a 2nd line that is worth anything. Right now were looking at

Ovechkin-Backstrom-??/MoJo
???-???/Laich/MoJo-Brouwer???
Chim-Laich/Beagle-Hendricks/Brouwer/Ward
Hendricks???-??/Beagle-Ward

Green - ????
Carlson-Alzner
Hamrlik - Orlov

In Hershey there aren't many answers for the D. As for forwards you have Galiev that isn't ready, Eakin who may be ready, Kuznetsov who wont be here for 2 years. There are many holes and were getting pretty depleted in Hershey so there are alot of fans that want GMGM to go out and restock the cupboards with the 11 picks this draft. There are another group that want to see them go out and make a win now move.
Im not a Leaf fan, but given the mess Burkie has them in and there need for C's as well, the 16th overall interests me. While most Leaf fans would say NO we're not trading him, Id seriously consider a play at #16 with Luke Schenn. Im all for stripping them down and doing a power rebuild, not many are. Would something like:

Schenn, McArthur for #16, #54 + B prospect work?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Cappy76

Quote:
Im not a Leaf fan, but given the mess Burkie has them in and there need for C's as well, the 16th overall interests me. While most Leaf fans would say NO we're not trading him, Id seriously consider a play at #16 with Luke Schenn. Im all for stripping them down and doing a power rebuild, not many are. Would something like:

Schenn, McArthur for #16, #54 + B prospect work?
Probably not they need more players that are able to play now and Schenn wouldn't fit with Green, we wouldn't want to split up Carlson-Alzner and Orlov is young and seems to be a perfect fit with Hammer. As for McArthur he would be a good fit for the 2nd line but not in this deal IMO. Maybe some other Caps fans could comment. But I don't think it would be a deal they would make. We all really wanted Grabo before he reupped with you guys.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:36 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Probably not they need more players that are able to play now and Schenn wouldn't fit with Green, we wouldn't want to split up Carlson-Alzner and Orlov is young and seems to be a perfect fit with Hammer. As for McArthur he would be a good fit for the 2nd line but not in this deal IMO. Maybe some other Caps fans could comment. But I don't think it would be a deal they would make. We all really wanted Grabo before he reupped with you guys.
Like I said, Im a Kings fan just interested in the Leafs situation. Most think they're closer then they are. I think Grabo is a bad fit and signed a terrible deal. As GM id have no problem dealing him but I dont see many wanting him on such a contract.

Thanks for the insight!

Old
06-22-2012, 12:45 AM
ginovegas

Plekanek, weber or Diaz and Nashvilles second

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:52 AM
SoulAssassin

Does Washington ever consider given their need for either a 2C or 1/2D trading #11 and #16 to TOR for #5?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:59 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:

90 C Marcus Johansson 80 14 32 46

19 C Nicklas Backstrom 42 14 30 44

Backstrom is 80-100 point definite number one center. Marcus is clearly going to be 40-60 point number 2 center? Why do you need more?
Johansson did the vast majority of his producing at the wing. He's a few years of offseason strength and conditioning from being a viable scoring line center.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Cappy76

Quote:
Does Washington ever consider given their need for either a 2C or 1/2D trading #11 and #16 to TOR for #5?
Personally I would be ecstatic to move up to 5 and be able to land Gally (that's who I think will be there) But I don't at all see Burke doing that knowing that they're/He is probably really high on Gally as well and the need for a Center in Toronto as well.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:12 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Why would they do that in a draft where there's nothing close to a consensus after #1?

There's probably a decent chance they could get their #5 ranked guy at #11.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:20 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Why would they do that in a draft where there's nothing close to a consensus after #1?

There's probably a decent chance they could get their #5 ranked guy at #11.
Why do any teams make the moves they do? Maybe they want one of the Galyenchuk, Grigorenko, Forsberg of the world and NOT Faksa, et al..

Old
06-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
If Patrick Kane can play center, anyone can.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Capathetic

Hope they keep the picks. Kind of hope they trade back for another 2nd/3rd. I like the late first this year.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:23 AM
CobraAcesS

Downie for the 16th pick? I just want Tom Wilson that kid is going to be a beast.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 06-22-2012 at 01:43 AM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
If Patrick Kane can play center, anyone can.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote