HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester to NSH

Old
06-21-2012, 09:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Bouwmeester to NSH

ASSUMING Suter doesn't re-sign, the Preds would need a top pairing dman immediately. Roman Josi will get there, but he'll need another year or two.

What would it take? Would a deal centered around Blum or Ellis+ be an enticing place to start?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
ASSUMING Suter doesn't re-sign, the Preds would need a top pairing dman immediately. Roman Josi will get there, but he'll need another year or two.

What would it take? Would a deal centered around Blum or Ellis+ be an enticing place to start?
Definitely. I think there could be something there for sure. I'm not that familiar with Nashville's prospect base, but I'm sure Calgary would be interested in those assets you mentioned for sure.

Ellis and the 37th pick?

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Flameshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Definitely. I think there could be something there for sure. I'm not that familiar with Nashville's prospect base, but I'm sure Calgary would be interested in those assets you mentioned for sure.

Ellis and the 37th pick?
I'd be super down

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

but i like being in the playoffs

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Would a deal of Bouwmeester and Backlund for Blum and Wilson be doable?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:19 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
That's tempting, but I don't know if Nashville can afford to trade in Wilson for a center with less offensive upside.

Wilson's skill is evident, it's just maturity he needs to settle out.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
That's tempting, but I don't know if Nashville can afford to trade in Wilson for a center with less offensive upside.

Wilson's skill is evident, it's just maturity he needs to settle out.
Your last sentence holds true for Backlund as well. While he doesn't have 'quite' the same skill set as Wilson, a little patience in the right environment could go a long way. I think Backlund would do well in Nashville and could develop into a 50-55 point centreman (maybe better with the right linemates). He is also defensively sound and his play is actually quite suited to the Preds system.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
DropIt

Personally, I'd like to see Wilson or Josi involved. Then again I dont know Nashville's prospect cupboard much past Watson, Ellis, Josi and Wilson

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Would much rather do Jbo + Backlund + for Ellis and Wilson not that high on blum.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Bryzard of Oz

For a team as fiscally tight and responsible as Nashville, I have a hard time seeing them kick the tires on a guy like Jbo.

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Broom of the System

I'd much prefer to pick up Martin for less and use Wilson + Ellis + whatever to pick up Bobby Ryan or other offensive help.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Would much rather do Jbo + Backlund + for Ellis and Wilson not that high on blum.
I'd still probably do that to, but still prefer Blum. While Brodie doesn't have quite the offensive upside that Ellis has, he plays a more similar style to Ellis than Blum and is more similar in physical stature. Having 2 players similar players like that potentially in our top 4 down the road would make us an easy team to play against. For that reason alone, I would choose Blum.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

The preds can't resign Suter but they're going to pick up Bouwmeester's contract? Why not just offer a little more money to Suter?

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:39 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I'd still probably do that to, but still prefer Blum. While Brodie doesn't have quite the offensive upside that Ellis has, he plays a more similar style to Ellis than Blum and is more similar in physical stature. Having 2 players similar players like that potentially in our top 4 down the road would make us an easy team to play against. For that reason alone, I would choose Blum.
Blum is to years older doesn't hit as much and isn't as good as a break out passer (from what I have seen). I don't think having to offensive players matters as long as they don't play together they just need a more defensive player with them. I am not a huge fan of Blum's game and if we get Ellis than we have are top 4 defenseman set for the next few years.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
The preds can't resign Suter but they're going to pick up Bouwmeester's contract? Why not just offer a little more money to Suter?
Money's not the only reason players choose to sign with particular teams. Maybe Suter simply finds a better suitor.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Blum is to years older doesn't hit as much and isn't as good as a break out passer (from what I have seen). I don't think having to offensive players matters as long as they don't play together they just need a more defensive player with them. I am not a huge fan of Blum's game and if we get Ellis than we have are top 4 defenseman set for the next few years.
I hear what you are saying, (and granted Blum isn't an overly physical dman) but I can foresee a potential match up nightmare for the Flames when going up against teams like Boston/LA with having Brodie and Ellis in the top 4. But like I said, if that's the offer I'd still probably do it, as you said we would really need to provide them with an excellent supporting cast.

I will say though I disagree about Blum and his first pass. From what I've seen he is extremely intelligent and makes excellent decisions for a guy his age. Yes he needs more time to develop this skill at the NHL level, but I think he will become a solid top 4 guy.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:54 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I hear what you are saying, (and granted Blum isn't an overly physical dman) but I can foresee a potential match up nightmare for the Flames when going up against teams like Boston/LA with having Brodie and Ellis in the top 4. But like I said, if that's the offer I'd still probably do it, as you said we would really need to provide them with an excellent supporting cast.

I will say though I disagree about Blum and his first pass. From what I've seen he is extremely intelligent and makes excellent decisions for a guy his age. Yes he needs more time to develop this skill at the NHL level, but I think he will become a solid top 4 guy.
I might be abit harsh on Blum but Ellis has the potential to be a top offensive defenseman Blum will be a nice top 4 defenseman but not top of anything. I would target top end talent and if in a few years we are to weak on the backend we make a trade.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
I might be abit harsh on Blum but Ellis has the potential to be a top offensive defenseman Blum will be a nice top 4 defenseman but not top of anything. I would target top end talent and if in a few years we are to weak on the backend we make a trade.
I agree, now Feaster get a deal done!

Old
06-22-2012, 01:02 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1919
I personally am not a big fan of Ellis, I don't think his success in the CHL will transfer into the NHL. I would rather keep Bouwmeester.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:11 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I personally am not a big fan of Ellis, I don't think his success in the CHL will transfer into the NHL. I would rather keep Bouwmeester.
He had a ppg of .333 while Brodie had a ppg of .278 and he is a year younger. I think Ellis has a much better chance in the nhl than Brodie does.

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 06-22-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old
06-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
Because, maybe, just maybe, Suter decides he wants to move on from the Predators. Yes, I know, it's shocking to discover that players also have a say in where they want to play and money doesn't solve everything.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:23 AM
JRB86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Money's not the only reason players choose to sign with particular teams. Maybe Suter simply finds a better suitor.
I see what you did there

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:56 AM
DropIt

Quote:
He had a ppg of .333 while Brodie had a ppg of .278 and he is a year younger. I think Ellis has a much better chance in the nhl than Brodie does.
hockeydb. Making NHLers out of stats alone

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:43 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Because, maybe, just maybe, Suter decides he wants to move on from the Predators. Yes, I know, it's shocking to discover that players also have a say in where they want to play and money doesn't solve everything.
Correct. Poile has said that the Preds can spend to the cap this year. The issue with Suter isn't money. JBo would actually be cheaper than what they've offered Suter.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:49 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
hockeydb. Making NHLers out of stats alone
Who said that he said his offensive game wouldn't translate and I was showing it has translated better than Brodie given they play in the same situations.