HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Tampa Bay

Old
06-21-2012, 12:08 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Montreal - Tampa Bay

Yannick Weber
Raphael Diaz(RFA)

Nate Thompson
Keith Aulie(RFA)

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Pass. Thompson is a decent depth guy, but that's not a rare commodity. At least one of Diaz or Weber will probably pan out into a decent NHL defenseman. Defensemen with that mobility are more valuable in general than depth forwards. Aulie hasn't seemed to progress too much. We'd be better off looking for an experienced depth defenseman and a depth forward on the UFA market and just keeping Diaz and Weber.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:21 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Pass. Thompson is a decent depth guy, but that's not a rare commodity. At least one of Diaz or Weber will probably pan out into a decent NHL defenseman. Defensemen with that mobility are more valuable in general than depth forwards. Aulie hasn't seemed to progress too much. We'd be better off looking for an experienced depth defenseman and a depth forward on the UFA market and just keeping Diaz and Weber.
Well we will have a gross defense if we keep them. IMO

I hate having too many offensive dman which neither can clear the net which was a huge issue this year for us.

Subban
Markov
Kaberle
Weber
Diaz

No need for all that offense on the backend. We need big bodies like an Aulie to play a 6-7th man role.

I am with the group that we need to beef up and help Price out. I know the others want to keep the small offensive dman but we have so many offensive guys.

Its tiresome watching bigger guys run their way to the net poking and jamming away at Price and our guys don't have the push back. Diaz plays his position well but its something that always annoys me when your defense is not able to protect their goalie. #1 thing every defense needs.

I know we could go get Allen, Sarich, O'Brien and such too. I would like to get them and move out the large amount of O-Dmen we have.

Sign guys like Allen/Sarich and Rome as a fill in player when needed.

I would like to see a defense like this.

Subban Gorges
Markov Emelin
Kaberle Allen
Rome Aulie

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:26 PM
HoseEmDown

We traded a former 1st round pick who projects as a top 6 power foward for Aullie, it's gonna take more than an unwanted 6/7 D to pry him away. We have hopes Aullie can be top 4 where neither of your 2 have that potential.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Halifaxhab*

I'd do one of Weber OR Diaz for Aulie straight up. Aulie does fill a need for now and I would want to keep at least one of the Swiss Misters

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:31 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
We traded a former 1st round pick who projects as a top 6 power foward for Aullie, it's gonna take more than an unwanted 6/7 D to pry him away. We have hopes Aullie can be top 4 where neither of your 2 have that potential.
It's not like they're pieces of garbage, we just have too many PMD. Both of them have the potential to be top 4, which you'd know if you actually watched them.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:13 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
It's not like they're pieces of garbage, we just have too many PMD. Both of them have the potential to be top 4, which you'd know if you actually watched them.
I never said they were garbage, I just think Aullie has higher upside than either. I've seen lots of Hab proposals trying to get rid of either the two so it makes it seem some fans think theyre garbage. We could use a PMD but not for Aullie is what I'm saying, maybe a pick + lesser prospect for one of the two.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
chasespace

I really like Thompson. He's like a bigger MSL but without the scoring. Guy just refuses to quit.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
BergyWho37

Pretty close trade maybe add a 3rd rounder from montreal.. good assets both ways

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
2 Weekes Notice

I don't have a problem with the value, but I would like to keep Thompson around for intangibles' sake. I'd do Aulie for Weber, probably. Maybe Guy would like to have one of his old Hamilton Bulldogs around?

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Would rather not. Thompson is about as important as a 4th liner can be to Tampa, and we payed a pretty big price to bring in Aulie(which means we'd probably keep him and hope he turns into a 2nd pairing shutdown guy).

Weber and Diaz really don't fit anywhere for Tampa right now. They might project to be top4 PMDs, but they're not there yet and Tampa has a surplus of bottom pairing young guys with upside. What Tampa really needs is 1 or 2 proven top4 defensemen.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:22 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Nah. Not bad value, but just don't want to.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:19 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Nah. Not bad value, but just don't want to.
I'm with this guy.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:11 PM
PaulGG

Thomson is an outstanding PK player and has improved each season overall. I will keep him.

PaulGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:02 PM
RyanBostonRedsox
Long Live Chappelle

No, neither Montreal defenseman has shown their potential.

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
You'd have to lobotomize our coach to take Thompson away from here. The guys didn't nickname him "Nate Boucher" because he was low on the coach's list of favorites...

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote