Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft

Old
06-22-2012, 12:34 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
Interesting indeed. One thing though is everyone is counting on Montreal actually passing up on Yakupov too. They may have Teravainen on top of their list with the presumption that Yakupov will have already been taken. If Yakupov is there, there's a good chance that he becomes their choice.

For whatever reason, I can see Forsberg dropping a little. That's my bold prediction. Don't hold me to it though

I think Burke is going to take Trouba at #5 if Galchenyuk is already gone.

EDM - Murray
CBJ - Galchenyuk
MTL - Yakupov
NYI - Reinhart
TOR - Trouba
ANA - Teravainen
MIN - Dumba
CAR - Forsberg (possibly Grigorenko)
WPG - Faksa
TB - Reilly (possibly Ceci)

If all this Edmonton picking Murray talk is true, I can see it shaking down like this. Columbus won't pass on Galchenyuk and Montreal won't pass on Yakupov despite their interest in TT. Reinhart just seems like a good fit for the Islanders. Burke likes his Americans and along with Gardiner, Trouba will solidify their defense.

Going against popular opinion here with the Ducks. While most feel they will take a defenseman, I think taking Teravainen is a perfect fit. He'd be the future with Selanne a year or two away from retirement. Perhaps Teemu even sticks around to mentor the young TT.

The Wild need something dynamic and Dumba fits the profile. He'd give their defense some added jam. Now Carolina, while it's apparent they favor the Kitchener Rangers like the Jets favor the Barrie Colts, Forsberg will be too much to pass up even for a player like Faksa.

That leaves our JETS. I have them taking Faksa, though I can honestly see Ceci, Lindholm or Girgensons as well.

Yzerman knows a thing or two about game changing defensemen and adding the skill of Reilly to the stability of Hedman gives them two very good defense cornerstones.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Even with all of the rumblings going on, I am going to take a guess at the following.

1. Edmonton - Yakupov
2. Columbus - Murray
3. Montreal - Galchenyuk
4. NYI - Reinhart
5. Toronto - Forsberg
6. Anaheim - Teravainen, Grigorenko, Faksa, Trouba, Dumba, Reilly (Forward or Defence)
7. Minnesota - Dumba, Reilly, Trouba
8. Carolina - Faksa, Teravainen, Grigorenko
9. Winnipeg - Faksa, Trouba, Ceci

In some order... who knows.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Lethrash

EDM - Murray
CBJ - Forsberg
MTL - Yakupov
NYI - Teravainen
TOR - Galchenyuk
ANA - Grigorenko
MIN - Reinhart
CAR - Trouba
WPG - Faksa (I can see Ceci happening, but only if Faksa is gone before #9, which I doubt)
TB - Dumba

For what it's worth, but if Yakupov does drop because the Oilers grab Murray, Columbus would be really dumb IMO if they dont try to wheel and deal with the Islanders, Leafs and Habs to swap up and pay for the chance to pick Yakupov, especially since there may be a chance Forsberg is available a couple picks later. All hell will break loose if Tambellini calls out Murray's name, and that would make for some great Friday night television. Duthie would have a hard time containing the gang of frothy mouthed reporters at that point, and I for one hope right after it happens, Bettman goes up to the mic to say "we have a trade to announce", build drama, "Toronto has acquired...and then say some flip flop 4th round pick deal". Would cause a beautiful riot.

Lethrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Interesting indeed. One thing though is everyone is counting on Montreal actually passing up on Yakupov too. They may have Teravainen on top of their list with the presumption that Yakupov will have already been taken. If Yakupov is there, there's a good chance that he becomes their choice.

For whatever reason, I can see Forsberg dropping a little. That's my bold prediction. Don't hold me to it though

EDM - Murray
CBJ - Galchenyuk
MTL - Yakupov
NYI - Reinhart
TOR - Trouba
ANA - Teravainen
MIN - Dumba
WPG - Faksa

If all this Edmonton picking Murray talk is true, I can see it shaking down like this. Columbus won't pass on Galchenyuk and Montreal won't pass on Yakupov despite their interest in TT. Reinhart just seems like a good fit for the Islanders. Burke likes his Americans and along with Gardiner, Trouba will solidify their defense.

Going against popular opinion here with the Ducks. While most feel they will take a defenseman, I think taking Teravainen is a perfect fit. He'd be the future with Selanne a year or two away from retirement. Perhaps Teemu even sticks around to mentor the young TT.

The Wild need something dynamic and Dumba fits the profile. He'd give their defense some added jam. Now Carolina, while it's apparent they favor the Kitchener Rangers like the Jets favor the Barrie Colts, Forsberg will be too much to pass up even for a player like Faksa.

That leaves our JETS. I have them taking Faksa, though I can honestly see Ceci, Lindholm or Girgensons as well.

Yzerman knows a thing or two about game changing defensemen and adding the skill of Reilly to the stability of Hedman gives them two very good defense cornerstones.
Works for me, though I have this bad feeling that carolina will pick faksa. Though is this scenario, that would drop forsberg to us. I'm good with that too.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Works for me, though I have this bad feeling that carolina will pick faksa. Though is this scenario, that would drop forsberg to us. I'm good with that too.
If J. Staal is really looking at signing a sweetheart deal with Carolina to play with E. Staal are they going to want another center in Faksa? Especially with Skinner capable of playing center as well. Or would they look at drafting Faksa with the intent of moving Skinner and Faksa to the wing full time (Provided they get Jordan Staal).

This would probably be my (very limited) draft board at #9:
Reinhart
Faksa
Teravainen
Lindholm/Trouba

None is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Great Stuff!

I'm not a big fan of moving down a few spots to get a guy who could possibly be around at 9, but if Edmonton took Murray, and Montreal took TT, I would defiantly contact the Islanders and try to get Yakupov or Galchenyuk (Whomever the BJ's didn't take).

Do you have any quotes for any of this? (Just to save time searching)
The icing on the cake if the Jets did move up? It would mess with the Leafs.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:12 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post

EDM - Murray
CBJ - Galchenyuk
MTL - Yakupov
NYI - Reinhart
TOR - Trouba
ANA - Teravainen
MIN - Dumba
WPG - Faksa

Don't think Burke will let Forsberg go.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Winnipeg Jets ‏@NHLJets
Tim Campbell of the WFP thinks the Jets will take a forward tonight. Watch Munz and Campbell's pre-draft thoughts http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...182205&lang=en
Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless
NHL Jets have indicated to me they do not expect to trade pick, will select 9th tonight when the draft gets underway #nhljets #bn #nhldraft

I'm. So. Excited.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Aerial

Hey forgive the spam, but not sure if folks are checking the other thread -- I MAY have two free tickets for the draft party tonight I can't use, just waiting to hear back from some folks but they're taking their sweet time, I don't want them to go to waste. If you want them DM me and I'll get back to you by 3 p.m.

ETA: Spoken for now. Thanks folks!

Last edited by Aerial: 06-22-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm. So. Excited.
Me Too!!!

I hope they at least approached Columbus, Montreal, and New York about the cost to move down if Yakupov or Galchenyuk is there.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Oh Edmonton.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:31 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
Staple and Nail!!!
Hahah! Brilliant!

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:36 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

If we take a forward, my preference is Faksa, Grigorenko, Teravainen.

If we take a defenseman, my preference is Dumba, Reinhart, Trouba, Rielly

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by None View Post
If J. Staal is really looking at signing a sweetheart deal with Carolina to play with E. Staal are they going to want another center in Faksa? Especially with Skinner capable of playing center as well. Or would they look at drafting Faksa with the intent of moving Skinner and Faksa to the wing full time (Provided they get Jordan Staal).

This would probably be my (very limited) draft board at #9:
Reinhart
Faksa
Teravainen
Lindholm/Trouba
If they trade for Staal, then the 8th pick will be heading to Pittsburgh as part of the package. I'm not sure who Pittsburgh would target with that pick.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:46 PM
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
If they trade for Staal, then the 8th pick will be heading to Pittsburgh as part of the package. I'm not sure who Pittsburgh would target with that pick.
I didn't realize he wasn't a UFA this year but next, would Carolina drop the 8th if they're confident they can get him next year? Do they believe they're a playoff team immediately if they add another Staal?

None is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by None View Post
I didn't realize he wasn't a UFA this year but next, would Carolina drop the 8th if they're confident they can get him next year? Do they believe they're a playoff team immediately if they add another Staal?
Well he did turn down a 10 year 60 mil offer from Pittsburgh. It's pretty well known he wants to play with his brother and therefore would be willing to workout a deal with Carolina. Carolina could wait and most likely sign him as a UFA next year, but they have to feel confident he makes them a better team overall. If Carolina acquired him, they could be a playoff team IMO. Our division isn't exactly anything to write home about.

BTW Guerzy is the Canes expert around here

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Rheged
JMFT

I can't really see them giving up anything significant right now if it's true that they're pretty much the top of his list. Might make them a playoff team next year but probably not a contender.

-

Quote:
AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports
@ThePipelineShow Not the only ones. I know of at least 2 other teams that would take someone else #1. Major character concerns with Yakupov.
Definitely hadn't heard that one before..

Rheged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

vCash: 1004
Faksa or Trouba. I really like Trouba.

Makeshift We Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Now Mark Spector is tweeting the Oilers may trade down in order to select Reinhart, and that it would be too much pressure making him the #1 pick.

Re; Yakupov's attitude, I don't believe any of it.

Honestly, I think this is all draft day chatter as we get closer to it here. I still think Yakupov goes #1 to the Oilers.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Well he did turn down a 10 year 60 mil offer from Pittsburgh. It's pretty well known he wants to play with his brother and therefore would be willing to workout a deal with Carolina. Carolina could wait and most likely sign him as a UFA next year, but they have to feel confident he makes them a better team overall. If Carolina acquired him, they could be a playoff team IMO. Our division isn't exactly anything to write home about.

BTW Guerzy is the Canes expert around here

No comment, I'm trying to stay low on that one so I don't smack of a closet Canes fan.

Seriously, all kidding aside, it's just my hunch in all I've been reading/hearing, and like I said last night, whether it happens this offseason or next, though I do think it will happen this summer (possibly tonight? ), I feel Jordan will be a Carolina Hurricane.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Quote:
Now Mark Spector is tweeting the Oilers may trade down in order to select Reinhart, and that it would be too much pressure making him the #1 pick.

Re; Yakupov's attitude, I don't believe any of it.

Honestly, I think this is all draft day chatter as we get closer to it here. I still think Yakupov goes #1 to the Oilers.
I'm kind of inclined to agree, I'm wondering if it isn't just that some teams are experimenting with social media, or it may even be that these sorts of things aren't uncommon on draft day but due to things like twitter we as fans are beginning to get a greater exposure.

I have a feeling that the draft board will fall more or less as the consensus has been for the past week.

Rheged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
I'm kind of inclined to agree, I'm wondering if it isn't just that some teams are experimenting with social media, or it may even be that these sorts of things aren't uncommon on draft day but due to things like twitter we as fans are beginning to get a greater exposure.

I have a feeling that the draft board will fall more or less as the consensus has been for the past week.
Agree with you, Rheged, on all accounts.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:22 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

Quote:
Agree with you, Rheged, on all accounts.
Yea boys I sense gamesmanship is in play

that being said I wouldn't be suprised if Edmonton wanted Reinhart but at #1????

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Off work! Time to sit my ass down, eat chips and drink beer!

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 03:36 PM
mondo3

vCash: 571
conditional trade: wpg's 9th (if reinhart is available) + 39th for edmontons 1st

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote