HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keith Yandle is available, and a deal may be close

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
  #301
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,300
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
1) let's stay on topic please.

2) It's important we have legit sources when throwing out users.

ColePens is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
  #302
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cap Floor
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
He isn't anything close to a #1. If he is it should be easy to present tangiable evidence, which i have yet to see. Johnson is overrated, i cited reasons why, you in turn provided zero rational other than an empty criticism and sweeping generliztion of HF. Bring something to the table.
Frankly, I'll take the word of people who watch EJ and Shatty play, over the word of some random Oilers fan who is basing is entire argument on some stats.

BoxOfChocolates is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
  #303
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,048
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Phoenix seems to do well with underperforming players for some reason. This might actually be a trade where someone can trade a quantity of average to decent players for a star.

Phoenix could fill their rosters with decent contracts and give OEL the reigns.
JVR is underperforming!

Krishna is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM
  #304
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,431
vCash: 500
He obviously wants to come to the Kings since he loves Dustin Brown and the refs that play for us...

Martyros is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM
  #305
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post


Just curious how many Avs games you actually watch, and not just "Stat-Watch"?

The Avs' PP isn't designed for shots from the point, they just don't work it that way.

But you go ahead and keep thinking the bolded up there. And I'm not knocking Shattenkirk,I'm still hurting that he was included, it's just that he and EJ have different playing styles.
Ask the Avs players what they thought of the trade.

Petes2424 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM
  #306
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
So one good half is much more important than a horrible season. Makes sense.
Yes he has only played 1 and a half seasons in his career. I never said what you are claiming i did either..

My point is the Stewart you should expect to see in 11-12 is probably something in between the last two versions. I don't think too many would argue that last season is going to seem typical over the corse of his prime seasons.

Eskimo44 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:19 PM
  #307
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
NothingLikeAnEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
He isn't anything close to a #1. If he is it should be easy to present tangiable evidence, which i have yet to see. Johnson is overrated, i cited reasons why, you in turn provided zero rational other than an empty criticism and sweeping generliztion of HF. Bring something to the table.
In all fairness, you are an Oilers fan...you don't really know what a #1 defensemen looks like on the ice. Stats don't do EJ justice as the Avs are not a team that generates offense from the back end and he was playing injured the last 3 months of the season. Before that he was playing 24 mins a night.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:19 PM
  #308
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,413
vCash: 1531
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
1) let's stay on topic please.

2) It's important we have legit sources when throwing out users.
come on dad, that takes away from the fun of this board

Actually having facts, stats and legit sources drags down all the gossip and innuendos

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:19 PM
  #309
camboy
Registered User
 
camboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Nash for Yandle

camboy is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
  #310
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,667
vCash: 50
Totally irrelevant point that I think is cool relating to this;

Back during the '09 draft, Phoenix wanted Brayden Schenn. Unfortunately, he went 1 spot earlier to the LA Kings. They ended up with some guy named Oliver Ekman-Larsson, who's not that bad.

Long story short, Philly needs a stud defenseman, PHX needs young talented forwards. Schenn+ for Yandle?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I know I'm late to the party.

Marlo Stanfield is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
  #311
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,663
vCash: 500
Bogus rumor. No decent source. Makes no sense. Not going to happen.

Also, all of these proposals are terrible.

rt is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
  #312
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
He isn't anything close to a #1. If he is it should be easy to present tangiable evidence, which i have yet to see. Johnson is overrated, i cited reasons why, you in turn provided zero rational other than an empty criticism and sweeping generliztion of HF. Bring something to the table.
You are smoking crack if you don't think Johnson is an #1 defenseman. His offensive skills may not be near the level of Yandle but as an all around defenseman he is damn good. He is still going to get better and is no where near his prime. Which most defenseman hit at in their late 20s early 30s. He has the skating ability and size most GMs dream about when it comes to defenseman. He also uses that size.

Alchemy is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
  #313
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,603
vCash: 500
Are we all guessing jvr to coyotes for yandle?

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
  #314
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
NothingLikeAnEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Ask the Avs players what they thought of the trade.
Wait are you serious??

Stastny's dad's comments had nothing to do with the players lmao. Paul and EJ are really good friends from the Olympics and EJ's been wearing an "A."


NothingLikeAnEJ is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
  #315
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cap Floor
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Ask the Avs players what they thought of the trade.
They'll all seem to be pretty happy about it seeing as EJ wears an ''A''.

Anyway back on topic. I personally would think long and hard about a Duchene for Yandle trade.

BoxOfChocolates is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:21 PM
  #316
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Totally irrelevant point that I think is cool relating to this;

Back during the '09 draft, Phoenix wanted Brayden Schenn. Unfortunately, he went 1 spot earlier to the LA Kings. They ended up with some guy named Oliver Ekman-Larsson, who's not that bad.

Long story short, Philly needs a stud defenseman, PHX needs young talented forwards. Schenn+ for Yandle?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I know I'm late to the party.
Yeah, the proposed deal is Schenn, Read, B Prospect.... but I think Schenn + is a tremendous start

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:21 PM
  #317
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Frankly, I'll take the word of people who watch EJ and Shatty play, over the word of some random Oilers fan who is basing is entire argument on some stats.
haha good one straw man. Because you know me so well and can read my thoughts i'm sure you know the enitre rational of my opinion. Do you actually think i haven't watched them play alot? Really? And ice time (i.e. coach usage) is a pretty fair thing to look at when establishing ability. He doesn't PK, and there is a reason for that.

Eskimo44 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM
  #318
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Wait are you serious??

Stastny's dad's comments had nothing to do with the players lmao. Paul and EJ are really good friends from the Olympics and EJ's been wearing an "A."

That was a joke, hence the lol when i said it.

Eskimo44 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM
  #319
ayshplaysh
Registered User
 
ayshplaysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Are we all guessing jvr to coyotes for yandle?
Actually I think we're all guessing Schenn for Yandle.

ayshplaysh is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM
  #320
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,048
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Are we all guessing jvr to coyotes for yandle?
Schenn + Read + works better probably

Krishna is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:23 PM
  #321
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,847
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Ask the Avs players what they thought of the trade.
One of the posters on our board has alluded to some of the problems that was happening w/ Stewart and the Avs, someone who we know has some insight.

It's nothing earth-shattering, but it's after hearing about it, it was easy to understand why the Avs felt that they needed to move him.

I don't know why fans of teams other than the Blues and Avs feel the need to label one team the winner and one team the loser, especially when fans of BOTH teams have said that they and their teams are HAPPY with the results of the trade.

Both teams and their fanbases' got what they wanted out of the deal.

It's a well know *** fact that defensemen have a bit longer of a learning curve than forwards, and add to that the fact that EJ missed a year of development w/ his injury.

But this is a topic of YANDLE, it doesn't need to get high-jacked w/ the same nonsense that has been spouted by every other fanbase but the Avs and Blues.

Personally, I don't know why some Avs fans are advocating a Duchene for Yandle swap. Nothing against Yandle, but just because Duchene has a down year doesn't mean we need to be looking to dump him

RockLobster is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:23 PM
  #322
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
You are smoking crack if you don't think Johnson is an #1 defenseman. His offensive skills may not be near the level of Yandle but as an all around defenseman he is damn good. He is still going to get better and is no where near his prime. Which most defenseman hit at in their late 20s early 30s. He has the skating ability and size most GMs dream about when it comes to defenseman. He also uses that size.
He may become one, but he isn't AINEC. #1 defenseman get used as #1 defenseman, seems pretty obvious to me.

Eskimo44 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:24 PM
  #323
Llewzaher
Registered User
 
Llewzaher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Eklund saying Pittburgh , Washington , and Montreal the teams interested in Yandle

Llewzaher is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:24 PM
  #324
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing
 
RevUpThoseGolfCarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Bogus rumor. No decent source. Makes no sense. Not going to happen.

Also, all of these proposals are terrible.
"Usually Incorrect"

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:24 PM
  #325
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Frankly, I'll take the word of people who watch EJ and Shatty play, over the word of some random Oilers fan who is basing is entire argument on some stats.
Johnson is the better player. This was a win/win trade. Shatty is a great fit for STL, they already have the number 1 dman who is better then Johnson, not so say EJ is not a number one just that AP is better. The picks at this point seem to be a wash. And I still have high hopes for Stewert. It was a good hockey trade. People really need to get over that trade.

Still waiting to hear what a PHX fan perspective is on the Oshie, Jaden, Cole or 1st proposal.

jarmoismyhero is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.