HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keith Yandle is available, and a deal may be close

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 12:42 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOTC View Post
If Yandle were even available (which I think he isn't) then it'd be a 1-for-1 trade. Phoenix isn't looking for more depth, we need elite forward talent, preferably at center.
The Schenn plus Read ("+") proposal is actually pretty good. That's about it. Either way, there is like a 2% chance Yandle gets dealt. He's one year into a great contract he signed to stick with Phoenix and he may be team captain as soon as next season.

06-22-2012, 12:47 AM
WeeBey

Yandle to MTL rumours are probably a load of bs (considering the source) but out of curiosity, what do Phoenix fans think it would take to make this trade happen?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZ8771 View Post
To Pens:

Keith Yandle

To Yotes:
Unsigned Jordan Staal
Rights to Matt Niskanen
Conditional pick if Staal doesn't resign (3rd?)
The conditional would be a hell of a lot more than that

You'd probably be looking at multiple 1st round picks

Old
06-22-2012, 12:49 AM
oilinblood

Where are the Phoenix fans? From an Oilers perspective do we have anything they would want? The #1 doesnt seem like a starter because it would be a big piece and phoenix would need a real asset as the big piece (IMHO). Even for yandle we arent touching our big 3. We do have some good futures in Klefbom and Marincin for the prospect side of a package. Choice of 2nd this year or 1st next year as another piece.
But for the main piece of a roster player. Who outside the big 3 would be wanted?

If none than we never thought we would get him anyways and its eaasy to keep our car on the rails and keep moving forward.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
Why would Yandle be available?
Cause hes overrated

Old
06-22-2012, 12:56 AM
duffy9748

It's alot but if this deal is possible without Schenn/Couturier(understandable if it isn't), I'd do the following from a Flyers POV.

JVR/Voracek+Read+Cousins+2012 1st+2013 1st.

I think JVR would be a good fit because he is signed on a long deal and if he plays with consistency he'd be on a great deal. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would complain about going to Phoenix.

Read is also on a tremendous deal at 900k for 2 more years.

Voracek may be different since he's an RFA.

This makes Philly serious contenders right away and they can still go after Weber next year if he hits free agency.

Something I'd like to see:

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr(3.0)
Voracek(3.5)/JVR-Schenn-Briere
Simmonds-Couturier-Langenbrunner(2.5)
Wellwood-Talbot-Prust(1.4)

Yandle-Timonen
Coburn-Grossman
Meszaros-Gustaffson/Bourdon

Bryz
Bob

Old
06-22-2012, 12:56 AM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The Schenn plus Read ("+") proposal is actually pretty good. That's about it. Either way, there is like a 2% chance Yandle gets dealt. He's one year into a great contract he signed to stick with Phoenix and he may be team captain as soon as next season.
Dibs on Doan!

Old
06-22-2012, 01:04 AM
KovalSNIPE

1st rounder (2012) + Tedenby + Gelinas +++

Old
06-22-2012, 01:05 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredMan View Post
Dibs on Doan!
Not unless you are a fan of the Canucks, Sharks, Ducks, Kings, Avalanche, or Stars.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:07 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
Yandle to MTL rumours are probably a load of bs (considering the source) but out of curiosity, what do Phoenix fans think it would take to make this trade happen?
For starters I would guess Galchenyuk would need to be available when its your turn to pick. I believe Phoenix has him rated first overall. I won't expand on that because apparently that gets posts deleted in this thread.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:09 AM
punk_o_holic

I'm a Oilers/Blue Jackets fan. Any of these work?

Yandle
for
Taylor Hall
*I know other Oilers fans would be against trading Hall

Oilers need defense and they get a solid defensemen that is locked up for 4 years. Then you draft Yakupov and hope he can replace Hall. Then you hope Schultz joins the team. A core of Yakupov/Nugent-Hopkins/Eberle/MPS(we hope he bounces back) and Schultz/Yandle/Petry looks good imo(even if they don't get Schultz, still looks good). Yes we can always keep Hall and draft Murray but I would rather have the proven player in Yandle. Only problem is, after 4 years Yandle is a UFA where as Murray would still be a RFA or under contract. In 5 years, that could be when Oilers are turning things around and looking for a deep playoff run. Losing Yandle at that time would suck where as, Murray could be on the team, help leading the charge.

Yandle
for
2nd overall + ?

If the + is another major piece I would be reluctant but if it's something that we can live without, the Blue Jackets should make the trade. It is rumoured that they want Murray so if that is the case, why not trade for a proven player, rather then drafting Murray(if he is available at 2) and hoping he becomes a star in the NHL. Howson claims he is re tooling and not rebuilding so he should have no issue with acquiring Yandle at the expense of the 2nd overall pick.

Last edited by punk_o_holic: 06-22-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old
06-22-2012, 01:10 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
It's alot but if this deal is possible without Schenn/Couturier(understandable if it isn't), I'd do the following from a Flyers POV.

JVR/Voracek+Read+Cousins+2012 1st+2013 1st.
Overpayment, JVR+Read+ one of the last 3 would be all that was needed. If that.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Cause hes overrated
Over the course of the last 3 years, the dmen with the most pts are as follows:

Boyle 156 Team Goals Rank: 7 (718)
Keith 154 Team Goals Rank: 2 (755)
Karlsson 149 Team Goals Rank: 18 (653)
Lidstrom 145 Team Goals Rank: 6 (719)
Yandle 143 Team Goals Rank: 20 (647)
Weber 140 Team Goals Rank: 14 (663)
Byfuglien 140 Team Goals Rank: ~ (more than 1 team)
Chara 140 Team Goals Rank: 8 (700)
Doughty 135 Team Goals Rank: 24 (628)

I'd say Yandle is pretty good!

Last edited by Sindiggy: 06-22-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old
06-22-2012, 01:14 AM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Not unless you are a fan of the Canucks, Sharks, Ducks, Kings, Avalanche, or Stars.
He's not really leaving Phoenix, is he?

Old
06-22-2012, 01:15 AM
cpsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
I'm a Oilers/Blue Jackets fan. Any of these work?

Yandle
for
Taylor Hall

*I know other Oilers fans would be against trading Hall

Oilers need defense and they get a solid defensemen that is locked up for 4 years. Then you draft Yakupov and hope he can replace Hall. Then you hope Schultz joins the team. A core of Yakupov/Nugent-Hopkins/Eberle/MPS(we hope he bounces back) and Schultz/Yandle/Petry looks good imo(even if they don't get Schultz, still looks good). Yes we can always keep Hall and draft Murray but I would rather have the proven player in Yandle. Only problem is, after 4 years Yandle is a UFA where as Murray would still be a RFA or under contract. In 4 years, that could be when Oilers are turning things around and looking for a deep playoff run. Losing Yandle at that time would suck where as, Murray could be on the team, help leading the charge.

Yandle
for
2nd overall + ?

If the + is another major piece I would be reluctant but if it's something that we can live without, the Blue Jackets should make the trade. It is rumoured that they want Murray so if that is the case, why not trade for a proven player, rather then drafting Murray(if he is available at 2) and hoping he becomes a star in the NHL.
thats a big NO from this oilers fan

Old
06-22-2012, 01:21 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredMan View Post
He's not really leaving Phoenix, is he?
Look at the ownership situation, the league swears they wont own us another year, closing with jamison prior to july one appears impossible, and nobody has any idea what the end game is. Yeah, there is a very good shot Doan has played his last game for us. Dude needs a retirement contract. Does he want to sign a four year deal with this cluster eff of an ownership nightmare? Tough to say, but I doubt it.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:29 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Cause hes overrated
Far from overrated. Actually probably underrated if anything. The dude is slick.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Not too surprised by this

The ownership in Phoenix is a mess: the NHL does not want to run the team and nobody else wants to.
Time to ship the expensive players away I guess.
Sucks for Yotes' fans...

Old
06-22-2012, 01:44 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Oilers best off keeping their asset

Old
06-22-2012, 01:49 AM
DesertDawg

so Yandle is available because GM Maloney once said that anyone on his roster is available if the trade would improve the Coyotes. I do not believe that any deal was close at the last trade deadline. And the Coyotes are not shopping him. And he will not be traded to the Oilers!!! Most (if not all) of these posts do not help improve the Coyotes...

Old
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
I don't see why Phoenix would want to trade Yandle.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
MessierII

I'd love to see Yandle on the Oilers but I doubt we can afford him. I'd rather chase Luongo.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:55 AM
OOEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Not too surprised by this

The ownership in Phoenix is a mess: the NHL does not want to run the team and nobody else wants to.
Time to ship the expensive players away I guess.
Sucks for Yotes' fans...
Uhhhh what?

We'd be dealing from a place of strength to fill needs. It has nothing to do with a money situation.

And it doesn't suck at all. Reading this thread is like going to Toys R Us the day after your parents cashed your birthday checks. I'm losing my mind over what some people are throwing out.

If there was a way to guarantee the 4th pick would be Galy, the Okposo/Neideritter/De Haan/4th Overall deal would be a dream come true.

As for the Zibanejad/Foligno/1st/Prospect trade... any way of sneaking Stone into that deal? Maybe throw in Philly's 3rd rounder along with Yands? Would like to see the brothers playing together

Old
06-22-2012, 02:47 AM
oilergc16

i think any oiler fan that is offering the first overall oughta give their head a shake. yandle is no doubt a good defenseman but the over valuing on this thread is getting crazy

Old
06-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Uhhhh what?

We'd be dealing from a place of strength to fill needs. It has nothing to do with a money situation.

And it doesn't suck at all. Reading this thread is like going to Toys R Us the day after your parents cashed your birthday checks. I'm losing my mind over what some people are throwing out.

If there was a way to guarantee the 4th pick would be Galy, the Okposo/Neideritter/De Haan/4th Overall deal would be a dream come true.

As for the Zibanejad/Foligno/1st/Prospect trade... any way of sneaking Stone into that deal? Maybe throw in Philly's 3rd rounder along with Yands? Would like to see the brothers playing together
Schenn, Read, and Akeson/Cousins/1st

Thoughts?

Closed Thread