HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keith Yandle is available, and a deal may be close

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 07:19 AM
tony d
ATD 2015

vCash: 500
To Ottawa: Yandle
To Phoenix: Foligno, Zibanejad, Lehner

06-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Monster overpayment.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
wow i'm sure the Yotes take it and run

Old
06-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Iamok
#Panic

I'd start with Foligno + Zibanejad, but definetly not add Lehner. Besides, why would the Yotes even need another goaltender?

Old
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
And OEL is looking like the better player that may surpass him soon.. Not to mention their tons of D prospects
This is nonsense. Yandle is still the better player and has shown he can stretch it out throughout the season and from year to year. Anybody who says Yandle is redundant because of OEL is talking out of their you know what.

2 two-way puck moving defenseman is always better than one. Yandle's cap hit is not a problem and he has been nothing but good for them.

The only way Yandle gets moved is for a #1 center like others have said. It's not because Yandle is replaceable now or he is redundant, but having OEL will help cushion the blow of losing Keith.

So out of the teams who need #1 defenseman, who has a centerman that's moveable?

Old
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Sureves

I really think Ottawa makes a ton of sense.

I'm ok with the above Foligno, Zibanejad, Lehner

Would rather replace Lehner with Bishop and a 3rd though but if they want Lehner, that's fine.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:27 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
I'd start with Foligno + Zibanejad, but definetly not add Lehner. Besides, why would the Yotes even need another goaltender?
NO goalies. They have good prospect depth in the position anyways. If he gets moved it's probably strictly for forwards. From the Sens I would think Foligno + Ziba would get the tired turning, but not close to enough.

Just for fun, even though I don't think a deal with the Wings is realistic, I would say

Franzen + Filppula for Yandle + Doan's rights/Taylor Pyatt + draft pick

Last edited by ZetterBurger: 06-22-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old
06-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
This is nonsense. Yandle is still the better player and has shown he can stretch it out throughout the season and from year to year. Anybody who says Yandle is redundant because of OEL is talking out of their you know what.

2 two-way puck moving defenseman is always better than one. Yandle's cap hit is not a problem and he has been nothing but good for them.

The only way Yandle gets moved is for a #1 center like others have said. It's not because Yandle is replaceable now or he is redundant, but having OEL will help cushion the blow of losing Keith.

So out of the teams who need #1 defenseman, who has a centerman that's moveable?
Is Yandle really a two-way guy or more of an offensive defenseman a la Mike Green. Does he even kill penalties? I don't follow Phoenix enough.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

Yandle was 18th on his team in PK time. He'll fit right in with Karlsson.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Jeffro

Schwartz and Berglund for Yandle? Would sure make sense for the Blues; not sure if Berglund is the kind of center they want.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:48 AM
BoobaFett

I'm thinking something like

Krejci, 24th for Yandle and a throwin

Old
06-22-2012, 07:54 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
Schwartz and Berglund for Yandle? Would sure make sense for the Blues; not sure if Berglund is the kind of center they want.
Blues would need to acquire a center from the outside if that happened. Our center depth would go to complete **** if they traded Bergy. I'd be fine with trading one of Oshie or Perron and picks plus prospects. The only way I'd be fine with trading Bergy is if we already had acquired a good #1 or #2 center. I'd rather the blues keep Berglund and try to build on the center depth. Then see what other D-men are available for one of Oshie or Perron, if PHO doesn't have interest in a package without Berglund.

Last edited by SnS: 06-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old
06-22-2012, 07:54 AM
blinkman360
Norris

I could see Garth Snow offering a big package to get this guy. Yandle as a player is basically everything Snow is looking for this offseason, but the Boston connection probably puts him over the top. I'm assuming the 4th overall would be in play, not sure what else though.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
Yandle for nail yakupov
This is an interesting one.... especially for the oilers

Old
06-22-2012, 07:58 AM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoobaFett View Post
I'm thinking something like

Krejci, 24th for Yandle and a throwin
I'm thinking the throwin is the sound of a phone thrown against a wall by the yotes

Old
06-22-2012, 08:00 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Is Yandle really a two-way guy or more of an offensive defenseman a la Mike Green. Does he even kill penalties? I don't follow Phoenix enough.
More Mike Green than a 2-way defenseman. Any team that has trouble on the PP would love Yandle.

In 5 vs 5 situations, Yandle gets sheltered a lot. When breaking down the Kings vs Coyotes series during a preview, I saw an article on jewelsfromthecrown.com that pretty much said that Yandle was the equivalent to Alex Martinez of the Kings in that the coaches used them in very limited capacities, ie only on offensive zone draws vs the 3rd/4th line of the other team. This site uses statistics to back up what they say. Interesting read.

"Defensively, Yandle got the easy minutes, Aucoin pitched in with shutdown minutes and they relied heavily on Ekman-Larsson in the most difficult situations. I think it's reasonable to expect more of the same here."

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/20...t-1-deployment

Old
06-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
More Mike Green than a 2-way defenseman. Any team that has trouble on the PP would love Yandle.

In 5 vs 5 situations, Yandle gets sheltered a lot. When breaking down the Kings vs Coyotes series during a preview, I saw an article on jewelsfromthecrown.com that pretty much said that Yandle was the equivalent to Alex Martinez of the Kings in that the coaches used them in very limited capacities, ie only on offensive zone draws vs the 3rd/4th line of the other team. This site uses statistics to back up what they say. Interesting read.

"Defensively, Yandle got the easy minutes, Aucoin pitched in with shutdown minutes and they relied heavily on Ekman-Larsson in the most difficult situations. I think it's reasonable to expect more of the same here."

If that's the case, as a Flyers fan, I'd pass on Yandle and just re-sign Carle.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
Phoenix need forwards?

Foligno and Stone (His brother plays in the Coyotes org.. and he's a very good prospect) + something lesser?

Would that come close?

Old
06-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post

Thanks for posting this...that's kind of a turn-off.

I change my offer to Smith, Zibanejad, 1st

Old
06-22-2012, 08:14 AM
JackBauer

Quote:
Are you high? That's a Nash/Ryan type package. Keith Yandle would be a 2nd pairing guy for us eventually. He gets completely sheltered defensively in Phoenix and he doesn't have the offensive gifts that Karlsson has. He's a great defenseman but he's not worth that. He's just Wade Redden lite. Jesus christ.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Why was Yandle available at the TDD? Is Millard generally a rumor guy?

Old
06-22-2012, 08:16 AM
CaptPantalones

As good as yandle is, they need scoring. and hes there best chip given the progress of OEL and Gormley

Old
06-22-2012, 08:27 AM
DisplacedIslander
Wherever I May Roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I thought what I was willing to part with for Yandle was a lot. It just seems like A LOT of valuable pieces to a team that still is fighting to become close to a playoff team in the future. Is Yandle really enough right now to propel them so far up the standings into a playoff spot?

For me, I just feel keeping on pace and developing your players would be the Islanders' best bet to becoming a playoff team.
The problem is that other than Hamonic, there are no true blue-chip defencemen prospects. Much as de Haan was a 1st rounder, I don't put him in that category just yet. If he pans out that way, bully for him, but we would have gotten what we wanted with having Yandle slide next to Streit in the top pairing.

It's no secret that Bailey has fallen out of favour with many, and with Strome waiting in the wings I see him as expendable. Having Martin in the deal gives Phoenix the element of grit and power with scoring that they need on the wings. The media and the organization has already come out and said that if the right deal is there, the #4 pick is available. Nino is the one X factor, it's either boom or bust for him.

Much as it's a lot to give up, to have a shot at a true first pairing D instead of an also-ran who's a fugitive from the glue factory is too good to pass up. Myself, and a lot of other Islander fans, would give up the farm for a stud blueliner who's signed long term.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:29 AM
MisterT

Yandle and #27 for Gagner and #1.

Edmonton gets a top pairing dmen (they have enough shutdown guys whereby Yandle wouldn't be asked to kill penalties) and still garner a late first whereas Phoenix gets a centre that likely could flourish in their system under Tippett and the rights to draft Yakapov.

Thanks to OEL, Gormely and Rundblad the Coyotes have an embarrassment of riches with regards to offensively minded dman so being a cap team, they are being prudent and exploring the market to move the most expensive and one with the least of time under team control. Makes perfect sense.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:31 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
As good as yandle is, they need scoring. and hes there best chip given the progress of OEL and Gormley
The problem is they need to find someone that can score and fit their system.

Closed Thread